Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    She must be a millionaire. She looks gross. I don't know how any man can find her attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    Not sure why you're quoting me i never contested any of this nor i do believe that being fat is good. I pointed out she looks happy in the photos and that's good for her. I'm a fat dude that passed from 107 kg to 83 so I'm well aware of all the above I just do not feel like I have to make a case on this every time some image of an overweight/obese person comes up like some sort of vegan stereotype and i like to comment on the positive things i see from time to time instead of focusing exclusively on the negative
    I replied you your post since you said "she looks happy in the photos, good for her. That's the most important thing in life" and this is simply not true. Many overweight people develop medical issues where looks and how they feel about themselves are irrelevant. Once you reach certain levels of obesity 100% develop problems that make their lives very difficult to manage and enjoy.

You can not focus on the positive side of obesity as there is none. It is often a personal tragedy and the cost of it for the rest of us is astronomical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    What I don't get is this widespread desire to shit on other people. I mean, why do you get so riled up about this? Just fucking live and let live. It's none of your business.
    We will be paying for it, it is our business.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    I replied you your post since you said "she looks happy in the photos, good for her. That's the most important thing in life" and this is simply not true. Many overweight people develop medical issues where looks and how they feel about themselves are irrelevant. Once you reach certain levels of obesity 100% develop problems that make their lives very difficult to manage and enjoy.

You can not focus on the positive side of obesity as there is none. It is often a personal tragedy and the cost of it for the rest of us is astronomical.

- - - Updated - - -

We will be paying for it, it is our business.

Your confusing happy with healthy .. and the two are definitely not the same thing. Whats the point if being 100% healthy and fit yet unhappy or unhealthy and unhappy. She does looks happy with her life ... that IS the most important thing in life - to be happy and enjoy it, not really worth being alive if it isn't.

And as for paying for it .. well such is the western life style, all pay all benefit simple as that.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Crafting a narrative to fit your agenda. This is just how the media operates.

Why do fat girls always find skinny twinks?

Also: anyone can have their pictures taken by professional photographers. The confusion arises because for some reason people seem to assume there's a connection between professional pictures and beauty.

It's only impressive when you're paid to be the subject, not when you pay a photographer or pose for free.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Well, get back to me when you do. You still set yourself up as if you understand more than the doctors who work in the field, and you try to massage things into your narrative without providing any actual support.
    I think you're misunderstanding : I'm not disputing what the article you quoted said, I'm disputing your interpretation of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    What I don't get is this widespread desire to shit on other people. I mean, why do you get so riled up about this? Just fucking live and let live. It's none of your business.
    I would react with the same disgust if people had articles about how it's perfectly fine to fuck roadkills. What's there to get riled up about? They're just dead animals, they can't suffer more. Just fucking live and let live; It's none of your business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka
    I'm disputing your interpretation of them
    No, you're disputing the plainly written words of the article: "Obesity is a complex and chronic disease with many causes. It is not simply a result of overeating"

Let's go back to the beginning on this, a guy made a perfectly ordinary observation about attraction. You had to jump in and be a hotshot. You've decided you are going to go around with me because I don't buy your claim:

Quote Originally Posted by Akka
    And also, if someone is such a slob they can't manage to get under the "obese" category, they either are in the 0,01 % or so of people who actually have a medical problem making them fat (so basically : for all intent and purposes, it's not the case) or they are just a lazy piece of crap with not a trace of willpower or self-respect, and they certainly won't feel sexy in character either.
    You haven't backed up that 0.01% claim, or any of the other supposed facts and figures you've been throwing around. You've essentially denied that there are various factors that go into obesity and instead made the claim that "they are just a lazy piece of crap with not a trace of willpower or self respect". I've produced a medical source that addresses your claim, you have not.

The bottom line is that you haven't addressed your base claim, that somehow obese people can be dismissed as "crap" and without willpower or self respect, despite claiming to understand set point and and genetics. As the information that I've linked shows, we now know: "Just as some genes determine eye color or height, others affect appetite, ability to feel full or satisfied, metabolism, fat-storing ability and even natural activity levels."

Since you don't have any facts or useful discussion ... cheers. Go have that fried chicken and get laid if you can.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post

Again I'm not focusing on her weight and I'm not say that there's a positive side on obesity that's you projecting your own views on my words.
    I'm looking at the photos and noticing that she's happy. My comment start and end there: 1) I'm not referring to her physical shape 2) I'm talking about her emotional display.

It is good that she's happy: yes. Do I think that ultimately being happy is the most important thing in life: yes I still do. Does this mean that I approve that she's not looking after her health? no.

End of the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be honest here. Being fat is not healthy. There is a reason she feels insecure, because being fat might be attractive to some people but when it comes to health it is not sexy or beautiful.

And to motivate people to be fat or not to be ashamed off it is even worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I expected a little overweight, but that girl needs a doctor, she looks very sick. Being obese is very tabu. It's like being severely handicapped, but it's actually your fault. It pisses me off that people throw away their health like that, and it takes up huge resources that could have gone to people that actually don't have a choice.

On the subject that some obese people can't help it. I haven't read or heard much about that. I think obesity can spiral out of control though, making it hard to come back to health. But remember, they can do something about it. Many people are sick and don't have this choice. That pisses me off, and it makes me even more pissed off when they try and normalize this (love my volunteered sickness).

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    No, you're disputing the plainly written words of the article: "Obesity is a complex and chronic disease with many causes. It is not simply a result of overeating"

Let's go back to the beginning on this, a guy made a perfectly ordinary observation about attraction. You had to jump in and be a hotshot. You've decided you are going to go around with me because I don't buy your claim:

You haven't backed up that 0.01% claim, or any of the other supposed facts and figures you've been throwing around. You've essentially denied that there are various factors that go into obesity and instead made the claim that "they are just a lazy piece of crap with not a trace of willpower or self respect". I've produced a medical source that addresses your claim, you have not.
    There is several factors, but the genetic one is tiny - easily checkable by the FACTS that obesity rates have skyrocketed in less than two generations. The main ones are about WHAT you eat, HOW you eat, the amount and type of exercise you have and so on. All of which ARE factors that one is able to act upon (unlike genetics, which are something you just inherit and have no say in).

So yeah, I rest my case, obesity is in the overwhelming majority of cases a question of behaviour, not genetics. None of the stuff you linked contradict it - it points at many factors, it says that genetics makes it harder/easier to lose weight, it describes how metabolism works, but it doesn't claim that genetics does the heavy lifting.
    And BTW, the beauty of science is precisely that it's not a holy word you have to mindlessly accept, it's knowledge that is to be checked and reviewed, and is only considered working if it actually fits reality, not the other way around. And obesity changing while lifestyle change is certainly a much more convincing argument than quoting articles that you didn't even managed to interpret correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I would react with the same disgust if people had articles about how it's perfectly fine to fuck roadkills. What's there to get riled up about? They're just dead animals, they can't suffer more. Just fucking live and let live; It's none of your business.
    Well, exactly. If a guy wants to fuck a dead animal, I really don't give a single fuck. If he wants to fuck a live one, that's a different matter. Obese people, however, aren't hurting anyone but themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    There is several factors, but the genetic one is tiny - easily checkable by the FACTS that obesity rates have skyrocketed in less than two generations. The main ones are about WHAT you eat, HOW you eat, the amount and type of exercise you have and so on. All of which ARE factors that one is able to act upon (unlike genetics, which are something you just inherit and have no say in).

So yeah, I rest my case, obesity is in the overwhelming majority of cases a question of behaviour, not genetics. None of the stuff you linked contradict it - it points at many factors, it says that genetics makes it harder/easier to lose weight, it describes how metabolism works, but it doesn't claim that genetics does the heavy lifting.
    And BTW, the beauty of science is precisely that it's not a holy word you have to mindlessly accept, it's knowledge that is to be checked and reviewed, and is only considered working if it actually fits reality, not the other way around. And obesity changing while lifestyle change is certainly a much more convincing argument than quoting articles that you didn't even managed to interpret correctly.
    Minor correction. Obesity rates are going up, but obesity by generation is decreasing. 18-25 is way down, 26-45 is down quite a bit, 45-65 is huge in a number of ways and getting worse, After 65 is a steep drop off in obesity for obvious reasons, but it's still higher than it had been. If the fat acceptance movement loses steam, which seems likely considering problems with stamina in the obese, this should all clear up in 20 years. Essentially, the generation that started having kids in the 70s were obese and raised obese children. Whether or not it's a coincidence, the first drive through opened up in 1975, the exact year that the uptick in obesity begins.

All that said, respiration and digestive problems caused by pollution, mostly lead, have been sited as another possible reason for the obesity bloom. You can make rats fat by nudging their lead exposure up from the base line to about 5 times the baseline, or where it was in the 70s. Lead exposure maps also overlay nicely with obesity maps in the US at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    This just in: Fattie doesn't want to admit to having a weight problem and won't seek help or do anything about it. Blames society for being a fatass even as a teenager.

Pro tip, 'before you accuse me, take a look at yourself', as Eric Clapton once wrote.

And yes, I am calling out all fat people, myself included.
    Well, something like that

Deleted
    Fit guy has fat fetish

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Fit guy has fat fetish
    More cushion for the pushin, more bounce per ounce

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    More cushion for the pushin, more bounce per ounce
    He's probably getting cock on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Maybe you should consider starting a support group for yourself and like-minded individuals who find themselves in this predicament.
    I have. We have our meetings on Wednesdays.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    So do you, from what I've seen you say on other occasions, mate.

OT: Good for her. Responses to this thread were entirely as expected. But then again, I didn't expect much to begin with.
    Good that I'm losing weight then. 30 kilos in the last half year.

And the couple got fired for posing for topless photos (the plus-size woman lost her bank job):

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/l...agement-photos

Irony lol