Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Yeap indeed :P and if possible even older than Revealing Strike. I liked the simplicity of rogue, (Keep SnD up, Eviscerate, Killing Spree / Adrenaline Rush and Blade Flurry manage)
    Just revert it back to what it was during ICC. That's when I fell in love with my Rogue.

I think they should get rid of the free pistol shot procs tbh. In fact, that's one of the reasons why they nerfed AR.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Just revert it back to what it was during ICC. That's when I fell in love with my Rogue.
    wotlk combat rogue was amazing. the main reason i stick with rogue. so many different ways to play it. too bad outlaw is the new shit now and they wont want to cancel it so soon :-/

RTB did change your rotation when the single buffs were strong in beta.

Now, it doesn't matter, because outside of Broadsides your rotation is so similar. And even with two buff rolls your rotation is still very similar. That is why current iteration of RTB is very boring.

At this point if they were to just use Broadside, True Bearing and Shark Infested waters and remove other buffs no one would notice the other buffs missing.

What made WotLK Combat appealing to many people was because Blade Flurry was actually strong along with Kspree and the consistent DPS with all the neat utility the spec had (eg Improved Sprint breaking roots).

Deleted
    I thought assa had more rng than outlaw since everyone plays SnD which removes the rng aspect of outlaw. Outlaw is horrible tuned either ways, they should just remake combat and give them fucking KS back (such a waste of such a cool cd)

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Poison Bomb is part of a rotation.
    RTB is part of a rotation also.
    The only reason anyone plays poison bomb RNG instead of RtB RNG is numbers. If Outlaw was tuned higher (some will undoubtly say overtuned) more people would be able to bear the crapshoot RtB is.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

totally agree!! And give me the WotLK talent trees too!!
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Poison Bomb is part of a rotation.

RTB is Bad RNG is bad.

Roll the Bones is bad RNG. We called it in Legion ALPHA.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed.

Start over without RTB.
    actually no, RTB in it's current form is pretty much the definition of "good" rng
    there's a different outcome every time, but their relative strength is similar unless you roll 5 which is just a perk, and all of them affect how you play at least a little bit.

poison bomb however is just obnoxious unbearable RNG

if you think RTB currently is bad RNG, then i dont know what to tell you, with adrush guaranteeing double buffs every time, it's reliably consistent but always different

assa is way more RNG centric atm than outlaw

i mean the spec itself numbers tuning wise is utter garbage, but it's not because of RTB
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-09-30 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    actually no, RTB in it's current form is pretty much the definition of "good" rng
    there's a different outcome every time, but their relative strength is similar unless you roll 5 which is just a perk, and all of them affect how you play at least a little bit.

if you think RTB currently is bad RNG, then i dont know what to tell you, with adrush guaranteeing double buffs every time, it's reliably consistent but always different

i mean the spec itself numbers tuning wise is utter garbage, but it's not because of RTB
    Simcraft shows RtB Outlaw having the highest dps variance in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Simcraft shows RtB Outlaw having the highest dps variance in the game.
    yeah, because you can roll 5 and that's a huge boost, that's not exactly something to complain about

yeah, because you can roll 5 and that's a huge boost, that's not exactly something to complain about
    And what if in that 5 roll you don't get TB? Face it, the changes to rtb for 7.2.5 was a failure. Why do you think most outlaw rogues are going SnD now, even with the loss of RtB? It's still an RNG mechanic, and it was only fun in Legion pre-patch when the buffs were relatively close to each other, and when you could actually still fish for buffs depending on the situation.

And what if in that 5 roll you don't get TB? Face it, the changes to rtb for 7.2.5 was a failure. Why do you think most outlaw rogues are going SnD now, even with the loss of RtB? It's still an RNG mechanic, and it was only fun in Legion pre-patch when the buffs were relatively close to each other, and when you could actually still fish for buffs depending on the situation.
    ofc it's an rng mechanic, it's meant to be one, you're acting like other classes dont have RNG mechanics
    even a non TB 5 roll is better than any 2roll
    TB is not as mandatory as it used to be since half of it is baseline

also, do you actually believe people are going SND just cause it's not RNG? no they're going SND cos it performs better on those fights

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Roll the bones seems like some pet project a casual developer made and will defend it's use till the end of time "you just don't get how to use it. It's for fun not raiding"
    It wouldn't be the first time. Lightwell was horrendous but priests were stuck with it for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    ofc it's an rng mechanic, it's meant to be one, you're acting like other classes dont have RNG mechanics
    No other RNG mechanic has that big of a disparity as a 2 vs. a 5 roll. Ok maybe Poison Bomb.

No other RNG mechanic has that big of a disparity as a 2 vs. a 5 roll. Ok maybe Poison Bomb.
    tell that to the fire mage bracers

no proc during combu=goodbye dps

10+ Year Old Account
    tell that to the fire mage bracers

no proc during combu=goodbye dps
    I'll give you that one. But that's a legendary and not class design.

I'll give you that one. But that's a legendary and not class design.
    let's be real, it basically is at this point
    noone who has those will run without them

Deleted
    I just find the number of buffs with the RnG from RtB dull, RtB isnt a bad idea it just need to be improved on. For example

1.remove the RnG of how many buffs you get and which ones you get
    2.reduce the number of buffs you get lets say 3 buffs instead of 6
    3.as a rogue you don't play fair so allow the choice of your buffs/dice lets say 6 different dice to choose.
    4.give the player choice of buffs/dice that suits there playstyle (have like normal dice and cursed dice with have a high risk high reward or are harder to maintain - something like priest's StM but not as extreme)

The class ideia is nice.

Now is just wait 8.0.

It is currently the worst form of RNG, because it is RNG for sake of RNG but it doesn't help the spec perform.

This is why the RNG infested early version of Legion Sub was tossed aside for the new improved Legion Sub.

Outlaw needs to ditch many RNG elements to return to parity IMVHO.

- - - Updated - - -

A five currently on live is weaker than a six buff roll earlier in the expansion.

There is no reason to penalize the spec anymore due to RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree it is a failure, because the spec is now RNG infested AND boring.

At least RTB in beta had strong single buff in their own way. When you rolled Buried Treasure in beta you felt like you had a mini AR. Now? It is simply not noticeable to even the most hardcore of players.

Worst part of it all was they nerfed AR to make free pistol shot procs viable but again that makes the spec more gimped if it doesn't proc Blunderbuss.

Greed is the only way the spec can bypass armor and that is also RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    RTB is part of a rotation also.
    The only reason anyone plays poison bomb RNG instead of RtB RNG is numbers. If Outlaw was tuned higher (some will undoubtly say overtuned) more people would be able to bear the crapshoot RtB is.
    I will never consider RTB part of a rotation. As far as I am concerned you ignore it 99% of the time unless it is TB, or Broadsides. With Poison procs you actually have to pay attention.