Why haste scale is so high?

I have legendary shoulders and chest. Trinkets are specter and engine. Stats are: crit 20.21, haste 21.82, vers 3.5, mastery 94.14.
    Latest simc build showed me this: ( Pawn: v1: "Unholy": Class=Deathknight, Spec=Unholy, Strength=26.36, Ap=21.80, CritRating=28.68, HasteRating=45.12, MasteryRating=32.94, Versatility=28.58, Dps=10.09 )

Why haste is so high?

Because with your current gear setup, haste provide the most theorical dps per point invested. It doesnt mean you need to change all your current gear to do for haste, its just thats any haste gear you'll get later will be more profitable.

I understand that but few days/builds ago I simed my character and mastery was on top following by haste. The only changes in gear were +40 ilvl on relics and 2 coil trait were replaced by plaguebearer.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are close to the breakpoint for the 13th hit on Dark Arbiter.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiTeX View Post
    I have legendary shoulders and chest. Trinkets are specter and engine. Stats are: crit 20.21, haste 21.82, vers 3.5, mastery 94.14.
    Latest simc build showed me this: ( Pawn: v1: "Unholy": Class=Deathknight, Spec=Unholy, Strength=26.36, Ap=21.80, CritRating=28.68, HasteRating=45.12, MasteryRating=32.94, Versatility=28.58, Dps=10.09 )

Why haste is so high?
    Just sim plots or reforge plots. They will show you how close you are to the breakpoint.

It is possible that if you add 200 haste, the haste statweight might drop to 24...
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-09-18 at 11:30 AM.

I wonder about going heavier into Mastery and crit and simply letting a high ilvl fel oiled machine hit the haste break points during Arbiter.

Deleted
    Higher haste also means lower god and faster resource regen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Higher haste also means lower god and faster resource regen
    That isnt the reason why haste is sooo high in his current setup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    That isnt the reason why haste is sooo high in his current setup.
    It's two of the reasons. Also valkyre swings dc procs from auto attacks.

Those last two were already discussed. Not sure that there are any others...

Ok I misread your comment, apologies.

Most likely for him he's close to a valk swing breakpoint as you say. Easy for him to test
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2017-09-18 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks everyone for answers. Saybel was right. It turned out that I was close to 13th arbiter hit. Playing with haste gear brought me ~50k dps increase.

Breakpoints still aren't entirely solid numbers. You can get 12 hits with under 20% haste (18.5-19.5) and that's well under the breakpoint that was theorized.
    Increasing your sim dps by X amount also doesn't necessarily correlate to that much an increase in game too, partly due to that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Breakpoints still aren't entirely solid numbers. You can get 12 hits with under 20% haste (18.5-19.5) and that's well under the breakpoint that was theorized.
    Increasing your sim dps by X amount also doesn't necessarily correlate to that much an increase in game too, partly due to that as well.
    do you know the other Theoretical breakpoints past 25%? have they been listed anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    You are close to the breakpoint for the 13th hit on Dark Arbiter.
    12th 13th is @ 26% haste.
    Back to the topic, the reason it sims so high is because you're at 22% haste, just change your ring enchants to haste and you'll see haste rating dropping. Make sure you break 22.53% though Getting an extra valkyr hit without losing too much mastery gives you a big dps increase. Haste also gives you more autoattacks that give you more death coil procs and more gcds in addition to another arbiter hit
    Last edited by Xerethars; 2017-09-29 at 08:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerethars View Post
    12th 13th is @ 26% haste.
    Back to the topic, the reason it sims so high is because you're at 22% haste, just change your ring enchants to haste and you'll see haste rating dropping. Make sure you break 22.53% though Getting an extra valkyr hit without losing too much mastery gives you a big dps increase. Haste also gives you more autoattacks that give you more death coil procs and more gcds in addition to another arbiter hit
    No, that's not correct at all.

I'm consistently getting the 13th hit at EXACTLY 25% haste every single time. At 24% I got the 13th hit it about 60% of the time. The amount of casts you get on each arbiter can fluctuate within about a % of haste.

I tested my arbiters very throughly at 24% and the inconsistencies stopped happening when I went from 24 to 25%. 26% is not the breakpoint.

No, that's not correct at all.

I'm consistently getting the 13th hit at EXACTLY 25% haste every single time. At 24% I got the 13th hit it about 60% of the time. The amount of casts you get on each arbiter can fluctuate within about a % of haste.

I tested my arbiters very throughly at 24% and the inconsistencies stopped happening when I went from 24 to 25%. 26% is not the breakpoint.
    At what % you start to get the 13th hit (at least a tiny chance)? 22%? 23%?

Does haste effect V. Plague, OP did say he switched to 2 relics with plague bringer (which are our best I believe) - and could that get more ticks in faster?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendibal View Post
    At what % you start to get the 13th hit (at least a tiny chance)? 22%? 23%?
    24%. The smallest increase I could make was a ring enchant so I could only test with 0.5%s, 24% was really random, 60/40 13 hits, 25% was 100% 13 hits

24%. The smallest increase I could make was a ring enchant so I could only test with 0.5%s, 24% was really random, 60/40 13 hits, 25% was 100% 13 hits
    I can Guarantee you that 25% does not give you a 100% chance to get 13 hits, 25,53% does indeed, unless you are super lucky then 25% might aswell give you 13 hits every time. Try and summon your valkyr downhills and you'll see the difference between 25% and 25,53% haste

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerethars View Post
    I can Guarantee you that 25% does not give you a 100% chance to get 13 hits, 25,53% does indeed, unless you are super lucky then 25% might aswell give you 13 hits every time. Try and summon your valkyr downhills and you'll see the difference between 25% and 25,53% haste
    Okay? Every boss encounter is on flat ground, so why the fuck would it matter.

I can't find a single log of me getting less then 13 hits since my haste got to 25% which is probably about 200~ boss pulls.

The last hit from DA you get at 25.14%. This is the 100% certain cap to always get the last extra hit. Above this, mastery is way better cause of the built in diminishing return on haste.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post
    The last hit from DA you get at 25.14%. This is the 100% certain cap to always get the last extra hit. Above this, mastery is way better cause of the built in diminishing return on haste.
    This is taken from the Death Knight Discord channel for unholy. First pinned post there