Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Ok, so we can both agree to the fact that there are more costs than just the budget, right?
    But can we also both agree that skannerz22 was correct in calling out Winter Blossoms statement in regards to the budget?
    Unfortunately no. What skannerz22 said was pretty much wrong. In saying:

"wtf do you think "budget" even includes.. when you excluded everything from it"

He presumed production budget includes everything. Which it does not.

There is no really no other way to look at it. skannerz22 was just wrong in his assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    I did enjoy it for what it was, but I'm disappointed because it could have easily been so much better.

I was looking forward to Stormwind being set ablaze, and I was looking forward to Orgrim beating the shit out of Blackhand. I got neither.

With that being said, I'd rather they do more audio dramas than another movie
    Agreed.

I was looking forward to the whole demon blood corruption that was such a massive turning point in what the horde when the blood was drank and that whole event.

That whole movie turned out to be way to many disappointments vs the extremely few fun to watch parts.
    Last edited by quras; 2017-10-02 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Unfortunately no. What skannerz22 said was pretty much wrong. In saying:

"wtf do you think "budget" even includes.. when you excluded everything from it"

He presumed production budget includes everything. Which it does not.

There is no really no other way to look at it. skannerz22 was just wrong in his assumption.
    "Cast
    Rights and Writers
    Producers
    Director
    Production Costs
    Post-Production Costs
    Marketing"

That is what Winter Blossom said was not included in the budget. Skannerz22 called her out on the fact that the budget DOES include some, if not most of those things.
    I can't make it more clear for you...

7+ Year Old Account
    They should have made film in warcraft 3 not w1 and make warcraft 3 trilogy. Imagine arthas,uther,jaina, sylvanas,ilidan,arthas dk,thrall,grom,cairne.
    Last edited by HordeFanboy; 2017-10-02 at 01:24 PM.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    They should have made film in warcraft 3
    Warcraft 3 has no story to speak of.

"Cast
    Rights and Writers
    Producers
    Director
    Production Costs
    Post-Production Costs
    Marketing"

That is what Winter Blossom said was not included in the budget. Skannerz22 called her out on the fact that the budget DOES include some, if not most of those things.
    I can't make it more clear for you...

Again your wrong.
    1. Just off that list rights and writers are not normally in production budgets.
    2. the producer, the director and the big-name actors or actresses are usually not in production budgets.
    3. Production budget also referred to as production cost is what you and Skannerz22 seem to get confused on and while it's a big portion. Is not all of it.
    4. Marketing is also not in production budget. Also referred to as A&P and is a huge cost.

So you see. He got more wrong than right n his assumptions of:
    "wtf do you think "budget" even includes.. when you excluded everything from it" in comparison to the list given.

I'm not sure it can be explained anymore clearer to you. Production budget is not what you or Skannerz22 seemed to think it was.

I'm not quite sure where people are getting that the Warcraft movie "didn't even break even" as far as budget costs and box office sales.

According to The Hollywood Reporter it cost $160 million to make Warcraft. This is also stated on Box Office Mojo, where it also says that the movie earned $433 million worldwide. However, I'm guessing what most people are interested in is domestic sales, which were about 10% of the total earnings (~$47 million).

Considering it did earn more worldwide, that's good incentive to make a sequel - it did particularly well in China. However, since Blizzard is an American company, Warcraft is an American franchise, and the movie was made by American and Chinese companies...the domestic sales aren't something that executives want to see moving forward. That could be partly due to advertising, or that World of Warcraft hasn't been as popular lately as it used to be, or anything in between.

Personally, I'm not sure we'll see a sequel, though I would like to see one. I feel this way because it took them longer than your usual movie to produce. It was first announced in 2006 - the page for that needs to use the Wayback Machine to even show it, by the way. Between the original announcement, and the eventual release 10 years later, interest was lost. I doubt they'd take 10 years to make a sequel (they already have the rights, directors, cast, and other stuff, after all), but we also haven't immediately heard about a sequel. Usually commercially successful movies have an announcement within days or weeks of release on a sequel. Plus, important people from Blizzard that were heavily involved in the first movie - like Chris Metzen - aren't even working for the company anymore. That certainly doesn't halt production, but it also doesn't help it.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I'm not quite sure where people are getting that the Warcraft movie "didn't even break even" as far as budget costs and box office sales.

According to The Hollywood Reporter it cost $160 million to make Warcraft. This is also stated on Box Office Mojo, where it also says that the movie earned $433 million worldwide. However, I'm guessing what most people are interested in is domestic sales, which were about 10% of the total earnings (~$47 million).
    Film cost $160M to make, and shitload more to market. And those sales values are on ticket sales on theaters. The theater takes a cut, distributors take a cut, whole lotta other parties take a cut before the film makers get their part... it's not hard to believe the movie needs $450M in at theater ticket sales to break even.

Again your wrong.
    1. Just off that list rights and writers are not normally in production budgets.
    2. the producer, the director and the big-name actors or actresses are usually not in production budgets.
    3. Production budget also referred to as production cost is what you and Skannerz22 seem to get confused on and while it's a big portion. Is not all of it.
    4. Marketing is also not in production budget. Also referred to as A&P and is a huge cost.

So you see. He got more wrong than right n his assumptions of:
    "wtf do you think "budget" even includes.. when you excluded everything from it" in comparison to the list given.

I'm not sure it can be explained anymore clearer to you. Production budget is not what you or Skannerz22 seemed to think it was.
    "According to an article by The Guardian, movie costs can be broken down into some broad categories, including script and development (around 5% of the budget), licensing, and salaries of the big-name players, which usually includes the producer, the director and the big-name actors or actresses." <-- I trust The Guardian more about what goes into the budget, than I do some random dude on MMO-Champion.
    But please, go on, tell me how wrong The Guardian is, or the other COUNTLESS articles on Google when you search for "what goes into a movie budget" tells us .
    Go on .

Edit to throw in an extra "Go on!".

Ps. Go on .

"According to an article by The Guardian, movie costs can be broken down into some broad categories, including script and development (around 5% of the budget), licensing, and salaries of the big-name players, which usually includes the producer, the director and the big-name actors or actresses." <-- I trust The Guardian more about what goes into the budget, than I do some random dude on MMO-Champion.
    But please, go on, tell me how wrong The Guardian is, or the other COUNTLESS articles on Google when you search for "what goes into a movie budget" tells us .
    Go on .

Edit to throw in an extra "Go on!".

Ps. Go on .
    movie costs can be broken down into some broad categories.... Broken down into catagories... Remember that.

1. script and development (not production budget)
    2. licensing (not production budget)
    3. salaries of the big-name players, which usually includes the producer, the director and the big-name actors or actresses." (not production budget)

If you trust them so much that same article says this that you conventionally left out:

"Then there are the actual production costs, which include the ongoing salaries of all the people needed to make production happen; production costs eat up a big chunk of the budget, easily taking 25% of the total."

Then there are the actual production costs. - That means all the other things mentioned are not tallied in production budgets. Sure it inclused grips and craft services and a large number of things but not the other listed things above.

And since you want to use The guardian so much as some standard. It seems this also has a high chance of not bing in production costs as well though I'll admit for warcfraft I bet it was but it's hard to know for sure now that I read The Guardian.

"And production isn't the end of the story: special effects, depending on the type of movie, can be an enormous cost, and music has to be composed and performed as well. "

So they don't consider those in production either.

Not sure how many more times it needs to be explained to you and using your own article. You are simply wrong along with Skannerz22 statement of excluding everything. Production budget excludes quite a lot all on it's own.
    Last edited by quras; 2017-10-02 at 03:15 PM.

movie costs can be broken down into some broad categories.... Broken down into catagories... Remember that.

1. script and development (not production budget)
    2. licensing (not production budget)
    3. salaries of the big-name players, which usually includes the producer, the director and the big-name actors or actresses." (not production budget)

If you trust them so much that same article says this that you conventionally left out:

"Then there are the actual production costs, which include the ongoing salaries of all the people needed to make production happen; production costs eat up a big chunk of the budget, easily taking 25% of the total."

Then there are the actual production costs. - That means all the other things mentioned are not tallied in production budgets. Sure it inclused grips and craft services and a large number of things but not the other listed things above.

And since you want to use The guardian so much as some standard. It seems this also has a high chance of not bing in production costs as well though I'll admit for warcfraft I bet it was but it's hard to know for sure now that I read The Guardian.

"And production isn't the end of the story: special effects, depending on the type of movie, can be an enormous cost, and music has to be composed and performed as well. "

So they don't consider those in production either.

Not sure how many more times it needs to be explained to you and using your own article. You are simply wrong along with Skannerz22 statement of excluding everything. Production budget excludes quite a lot all on it's own.
    You realize that it was Winter Blossom who excluded things, right? And that Skannerz22 made a snarky comment on how that was false?

She excluded the former list from the budget, which was patently false, even by your own words.

It's fine dude, you were wrong, it happens .

Yes please!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Warcraft 3 has no story to speak of.
    Are you for real? The Arthas story alone can fill up a whole trilogy, then we also have Thrall finding his new destiny in Kalimdor which eventually leads to bringing down Archimonde and the Legion in Hyjal. Even the night elf and blood elf campaigns from The Frozen Throne can warrant their own movies.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The Arthas story alone can fill up a whole trilogy
    But we are not talking about a trilogy. We need a self-contained, film-worthy story to make just one completed movie. The Arthas one is nowhere close, giving it's just a campaign-long tutorial mission.

You realize that it was Winter Blossom who excluded things, right? And that Skannerz22 made a snarky comment on how that was false?

She excluded the former list from the budget, which was patently false, even by your own words.
    I suggest you go re-read how that went. I'm not sure you could be more wrong than you are but I'm sure you'll try.

I suggest you go re-read how that went. I'm not sure you could be more wrong than you are but I'm sure you'll try.
    I mean, I could quote her post again, just to shame you some more I guess? Is that your thing, a shaming fetish? I'm not judging!
    More power to you man!