Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Ok mods you can close this thread!!!

My point has been made please sort out the spam and have a nice day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madeupname666 View Post
    This isnt my first rodeo and when i get a mod response in less than 40 mins tells me what i need to know and what i hope they will look at and make sure this shit wont happen again!!
    This isn't my first time saying this, and really, you are just more spamming in the General Discussion forum. These types of threads are better placed in the Suggestions and Feedback section to be noticed easier. There is a reason it is there. And the moderators aren't going to give you much answer other than the basic answer they've given before, this is a known issue after all. Pretty sure it is being looked at, and was being looked at before you posted.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    This isn't my first time saying this, and really, you are just more spamming in the General Discussion forum. These types of threads are better placed in the Suggestions and Feedback section to be noticed easier. There is a reason it is there. And the moderators aren't going to give you much answer other than the basic answer they've given before, this is a known issue after all. Pretty sure it is being looked at, and was being looked at before you posted.
    Give it a rest will ya

Like i said my thread got a mods attention in less than 40 mins

You say its being looked at? Like i said this isnt my first rodeo as in i have seen this shit pop up countless times in the last 5+ years and nothing has been done to stop it!!!!!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-10-04 at 12:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give it a rest will ya

Like i said my thread got a mod attention in less than 40 mins

You say its being looked at? Like i said this isnt my first rodeo as in i have seen this shit pop up countless times in the last 5+ years and nothing has been done!!!!
    Don't worry, if you followed the right subforum, you would've seen the possible explanation the moderator gave you a while back.

But yeah, a moderator should close it. Wrong section and well, you were contacted you claimed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Short-term, they could just not allow threads with too many asterisks or numbers in the title to be created. I doubt that would disrupt the normal use of the forum.

They could also check if other threads with a very similar name have been created recently. This would be done with a "uppercase" filter, since they seem to like writing like that Spongebob meme...

At the very least, force them to write a unique name for every thread or wait a few minutes between each. That'd slow them down.
    Or with too many spaces, since they seem to have spaces between each letter.

Give it a rest will ya

Like i said my thread got a mods attention in less than 40 mins

You say its being looked at? Like i said this isnt my first rodeo as in i have seen this shit pop up countless times in the last 5+ years and nothing has been done to stop it!!!!!
    They've already put a lot of effort into anti-spam efforts, many threads are already getting caught by the filter with only some getting through. You're acting like they've ignored this for years but it's an ongoing battle against spammers.

Don't worry, if you followed the right subforum, you would've seen the possible explanation the moderator gave you a while back.

But yeah, a moderator should close it. Wrong section and well, you were contacted you claimed.
    Thank god i was worried for a second oh did you see the massive spam attack we got in between while we was talking?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    They've already put a lot of effort into anti-spam efforts, many threads are already getting caught by the filter with only some getting through. You're acting like they've ignored this for years but it's an ongoing battle against spammers.
    Iam almost sure i started this thread with a CAPTCHA like i feel maybe thats the way to go to end this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god i was worried for a second oh did you see the massive spam attack we got in between while we was talking?
    Yup, and it comes and goes. Sadly, for the ones that gets through, you need moderators and currently the moderators are human beings, so can't always be around. Though, pretty sure they are being cleaned up. If you wish to assist with handling spam threads, pretty sure MMO-champion wouldn't mind getting your reports.

I am sorry if you feel this to enrage you but Chaud isn't without skills and I think many thoughts have gone through it about this.

Yup, and it comes and goes. Sadly, for the ones that gets through, you need moderators and currently the moderators are human beings, so can't always be around. Though, pretty sure they are being cleaned up. If you wish to assist with handling spam threads, pretty sure MMO-champion wouldn't mind getting your reports.

I am sorry if you feel this to enrage you but Chaud isn't without skills and I think many thoughts have gone through it about this.
    and thus my whole point if you read my original statement was should MMO champ do a CAPTCHA to stop this shit!!

- - - Updated - - -

Iam almost sure i started this thread with a CAPTCHA like i feel maybe thats the way to go to end this?
    CAPTCHA's only work against automated scripts/programs. People are able to solve them, and most of these spammers are people.

Plus, you already need to fill in a CAPTCHA when signing up so clearly they're solving them already. CAPTCHA isn't working.

10+ Year Old Account
    and thus my whole point if you read my original statement was should MMO champ do a CAPTCHA to stop this shit!!
    I read your post, and quite sure it was suggested before in the subforum. Though, I rather wish it wouldn't have to go that far but sadly, seem it might. Then again, when the moderators are active, they tend to be okay in handling it.

I read your post, and quite sure it was suggested before in the subforum. Though, I rather wish it wouldn't have to go that far but sadly, seem it might. Then again, when the moderators are active, they tend to be okay in handling it.
    Sometimes you need to kick up alot of dirt to get attention and i hope we have kicked up that dirt

No hard feelings we both love this website and want to see the spammers gone

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing for obvious reaons.

Creating threads about spam in this forum is well, spam. Different sort of spam but spam nonetheless.

This has been explained over and over but again, most of these spammers are human beings. They aren't bot software. That said, delaying the ability to create threads only causes them to start posting over and over again in existing threads which is much more difficult to track down if it spreads into several dozen threads.

Yes, it's annoying. It's not my favorite fucking thing either to wake up and have to delete several dozen spam threads before coffee. Hopefully, the efforts being made to take care of this will eventually bring this to an end.

I can also confirm that many times, for every spam thread you see, there are three-to-five threads you don't see. It's just an ongoing war.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."