Thread: Attack Torb :/

Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Attack Torb :/

Is playing torb in attack a reportable offence I'm really scared COs 6 pple reported for me for playing him and I don't want to get banned also if I refuse to switch will I get banned. Also does blizzard voice record games because some guy told me to suck his dick and said my mum is a fat whore these are not nice things can I report him for this ? I feel like I'm being constantly abused and this upsets me

Playing the game isn't a reportable offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    Is playing torb in attack a reportable offence I'm really scared COs 6 pple reported for me for playing him and I don't want to get banned also if I refuse to switch will I get banned. Also does blizzard voice record games because some guy told me to suck his dick and said my mum is a fat whore these are not nice things can I report him for this ? I feel like I'm being constantly abused and this upsets me
    No, it's not. Ignore the butthurt people complaining about torb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I don't mean to sound rude or mean, but you sound like a young gamer. You have to realize people are going to say some pretty horrible stuff over the internet - you gotta just brush it off.

If you want proof of this, go through the motions of pretending to report someone and select "Poor Teamwork". The in-game description tells you that poor teamwork does NOT include playing a character that everyone disagrees with. Keep on Torbin' my friend, turret on the haters.

Sure, they can report you. They probably have. The flip side is that unless you are blatantly trolling your team, such as repeatedly jumping over the edge or placing your turret at the door of your spawn point over and over and shooting into the sky, nothing will come of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Sure, they can report you. They probably have. The flip side is that unless you are blatantly trolling your team, such as repeatedly jumping over the edge or placing your turret at the door of your spawn point over and over and shooting into the sky, nothing will come of it.
    Ah that's good to know I feel better now thanks I like to put my turret on the payload behind a rein and then shoot pple with my gun I even got 3 golds in one match we lost and was told this doesn't mean anything and I'm useless why do they have medal system if it doesn't mean anything I thought if I have 3 golds I'm contributing more not less it's all so confusing. I think in future I will just turn chat off and not bother communicating as all it results in is name callling

If that concerns you, don't do it in Competitive mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Playing the game isn't a reportable offence.
    How about intentionally throwing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well Torbjòrn isn't really ideal for attack but it isn't against the rules to play heroes that may not be optimal.

Deleted
    I can sympathise with those reporting you as I lost a large chunk of Sr one season to a player who refused to not play torb on attack. Now he was also just terrible and poorly placed his turret.

Torb can work on attack if u run with the right tank but it's not ideal and is taking the spot of a junk rat, soldier or pharah that will do more damage and move quicker.

This game is based on teamwork and combos between classes most of the game is won or lost on selection there's also a point that sometimes even if your fantastic at a class with a bad rap like torb/widow/sombre by simply selecting it in a level like bronze your gonna tilt your teams mates then it dosent really matter how good you are as your team already thinks they have lost.

My opinion if your in comp then you are there to win befor anything else play the class that your team needs not the class you want to. You will win more games that way and that's the point of comp.

In quick play do what you want that's what that mode is for

- - - Updated - - -

For example I like widow but widow tilts my team and is rarely usefull on attack as I can't push the point but I start every season with few quick play games on widow not giving a shit cos it's quick play to get my flick shooting down then I go comp where I main roadhog but I've also played anna, mercy, junkrat, soldier and bastion alot this season because that's what the team needed to win

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    I can sympathise with those reporting you as I lost a large chunk of Sr one season to a player who refused to not play torb on attack. Now he was also just terrible and poorly placed his turret.

Torb can work on attack if u run with the right tank but it's not ideal and is taking the spot of a junk rat, soldier or pharah that will do more damage and move quicker.

This game is based on teamwork and combos between classes most of the game is won or lost on selection there's also a point that sometimes even if your fantastic at a class with a bad rap like torb/widow/sombre by simply selecting it in a level like bronze your gonna tilt your teams mates then it dosent really matter how good you are as your team already thinks they have lost.

My opinion if your in comp then you are there to win befor anything else play the class that your team needs not the class you want to. You will win more games that way and that's the point of comp.

In quick play do what you want that's what that mode is for

- - - Updated - - -

For example I like widow but widow tilts my team and is rarely usefull on attack as I can't push the point but I start every season with few quick play games on widow not giving a shit cos it's quick play to get my flick shooting down then I go comp where I main roadhog but I've also played anna, mercy, junkrat, soldier and bastion alot this season because that's what the team needed to win
    I don't how u can just blame torb tho for your losses there are too many variables to blame it on one player for the whole game it all sounds silly to me. How do you decide in your mind who is "intentionally throwing" how do you come to that conclusion you cant see there screen and there plays. pple who say this to me I think just want to scape goat some1 for the reason as to why they lost.

Deleted
    I don't how u can just blame torb tho for your losses there are too many variables to blame it on one player for the whole game it all sounds silly to me. How do you decide in your mind who is "intentionally throwing" how do you come to that conclusion you cant see there screen and there plays. pple who say this to me I think just want to scape goat some1 for the reason as to why they lost.
    He had 3 elims all one game and got camped at spawn in one by a genji. He also spent half of one game trying to put a turret down with a junk rat sat round the corner blowing it up each time. And yes you can blame one players it's a 6v6 game many of the starts involve actively making it a 5v6 by getting an early pick. If you already make it a 5v6 by not considering your team composition and the enemy's composition when selecting you char you are effectively throwing the game. It's simple shit really don't play fb as that can't push the point on attack don't play chars when the enemy has an active counter to it out e.g bastion when there's a genji

- - - Updated - - -

End of the day Playing one char and refusing to switch to a more effective char for the objective or because your being countered is incredibly selfish play. It Makes the match harder for your team mates and in the worst case completely tilts them.

Being bad at the game isn't a banable offence though just incredibly unfortunate for the people who get matched with you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've not played Overwatch in a while but.. I'm suprised Blizzard hasnt done anything for Thorbjørn.. TF2 gave the Engi the Gunslinger which was Amazing for attack.. (Then again TF2 engi teleporter also)

Deleted
    Torb is one of the few chars that is essentially useless for attack unless you build your team around protecting his turret but then in that case everything a Torb does a bastion would do better for payload sitting.

It's a but like widow. You may like her but unless your a fantastic widow with 70-80% accuracy and getting picks nearly every shot being on a char that isn't optimal for pushing onto an objective your making it harder for your team.

You have 5 other team mates who want to win and are counting on each outher to play to win in comp by being a selfish player your at best making the game harder and at worst throwing the game for 5 other real people.

I notice this alot especially with kids, a very selfish mentality to team games "it's my free time it's my game blah blah" sorry but that wouldent wash at your local a mature football club so it won't wash in any team game. Play for your team not your self

I wish it was, would make this game a better place
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well maining Widow is punishable offence, so I suppose Torb would apply too.

Deleted
    Ah that's good to know I feel better now thanks I like to put my turret on the payload behind a rein and then shoot pple with my gun I even got 3 golds in one match we lost and was told this doesn't mean anything and I'm useless why do they have medal system if it doesn't mean anything I thought if I have 3 golds I'm contributing more not less it's all so confusing. I think in future I will just turn chat off and not bother communicating as all it results in is name callling
    Also turning chat of and not communicating in a team game is just stupid. You need communication to win, the major majority of games are losses because of lack of communication. If you want to stop getting shit play the game properly, if you are flexible, nice but competitive if people see you actively countering the enemy and making good plays they will group with you for more games, they will become friends with you and you will form a team that plays together regularly and rises up the ranks. But u just want to que play torb always and not communicate then you won't have a good time in comp. Quick play is invented for doing that if you want

- - - Updated - - -

Also turning chat of and not communicating in a team game is just stupid. You need communication to win, the major majority of games are losses because of lack of communication. If you want to stop getting shit play the game properly, if you are flexible, nice but competitive if people see you actively countering the enemy and making good plays they will group with you for more games, they will become friends with you and you will form a team that plays together regularly and rises up the ranks. But u just want to que play torb always and not communicate then you won't have a good time in comp. Quick play is invented for doing that if you want

- - - Updated - - -

Well I guess it is a banable offence and counts as toxic play. That would have been nice to know when I solo qued befor I started only playing with a group of friends

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    They cannot report you for playing a class of your choice. They can try but it will be ignored. If they say "I REPORTED YOU" they are just strong on words.
    You can report him for bad language and hostility towards you.
    Be sure to read report options, they explained well what is and what is not considered report material.
    Read up aparantly you can, counts as toxic play

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Even better if they report him for torb the odds are they report other people for the same or equally stupid reasons, we can always hope this will lead up to a ban for wasting the time of who ever has to check it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that depends

are you good at attack torb?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.