Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Why sites like Raider.io and WOW Progress need to go.

So i'm a casual player in WOW. Right now, i'm having a big problem getting into mythic+ groups because of this website and I think it's just not right. I can't even get into a mythic+ 8 or even a 9 because "you're score is too low" serious like wtf is this all about? I'm someone that works a full time job, i have bills to pay and kids to take care of, so its really hard to get my "mythic+ score up", i just dont get why we can't all just play the game instead of worrying about someones "mythic score". pls...

Make your own group.

Mythic Score is stupid though.

It looks like you are constantly making posts like this. If you aren't willing to put in the work to form your own group, you have no room to complain. There are tons of people just like you. If you want to get a group, form a +8 group with lower requirements. If you succeed, than there was no reason to rely on other people to make groups for you. If you fail, you know why people have such high requirements. Problem solved.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cant get invited to M+9 with ilvl 890?
    Makes QQ thread about system preventing him from being boosting
    System working as intended
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Cant get invited to M+9 with ilvl 890?
    Makes QQ thread about system preventing him from being boosting
    System working as intended
    The post is about m+ score, not ilvl. M+ score definitely makes getting into m+ harder for people even super geared, but without a high score in the current season.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    The post is about m+ score, not ilvl. M+ score definitely makes getting into m+ harder for people even super geared, but without a high score in the current season.
    From my understanding, doesn't the mythic score only really take into account only a certain amount of runs a week, and then just stops counting?

Like, even if you do really well in a M+12, it won't matter if you did it on a Monday night because it already capped out?
    I'm actually a bit out of the loop on m+ score.

Also, moved to the correct forum location, just realized it was in GenOT, not General Discussion (which is the proper spot for WoW).

15+ Year Old Account
    Your ilvl and m+ score goes hand in hand, unless ur really bad (low score/high ilvl) or wanting to be carried (low score/ilvl)
    And if an group for an +8 asks for score, it could mean that they are idiots or the one who applied got very low ilvl.

As 940 UH signing for an +9, never been asked for m+ score, but id be asked to show score if i went to apply for an +12 and up, having an 950ilvl would mean ud prolly not need to link m+ score for an +12.

If u CANT get into +8/10 groups at all, do em with some friends?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    From my understanding, doesn't the mythic score only really take into account only a certain amount of runs a week, and then just stops counting?

Like, even if you do really well in a M+12, it won't matter if you did it on a Monday night because it already capped out?

Also, moved to the correct forum location, just realized it was in GenOT, not General Discussion (which is the proper spot for WoW).
    Your run only counts if its in the top 100 for this week at the time.
    So if you want score but dont do very high keys then do them early in the week.

There are seasons, a new season starts basically when a new lot of content comes out (dungeons, raids)

This is like 3 months long, sometimes less. The highest of each dungeon you do, is added up. So doing a 10 brh, is worth 90 points, then you gain another 1-9.9 on that, depending on how fast you did the dungeon (something like that, could be slightly off)

So as there's 13 dungeons, if you were to do a 10 of each dungeon, for that entire season, your score would be about 1.2k, but if you started to do higher m+, say a 15 of each dungeon, your score would then be about 1.9k.

If dungeons aren't in the top something (like 100 per dungeon or something?) of I think your server for the week, they aren't recorded, and therefore not added to your score. So if the m+ you're doing is fairly low, and the server you're on is very good, AND it's late in the week, you might have trouble increasing your score. But typically higher keys always go through.

So if on your server, the 100th best brh that week was a 10 done in time, as long as you either do that 10 faster, or an 11, it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Drsephuz7 View Post
    Your run only counts if its in the top 100 for this week at the time.
    So if you want score but dont do very high keys then do them early in the week.
    I think that's a little silly honestly. I mean, I imagine it's a technical limitation because they pull from the database to some degree, but to me, that just means more that people shouldn't rely so hard on your mythic score if they know it has faults.

It's possible the person with a lower mythic score is far better than the one with a higher one, but they're lower just because they only have time on the weekends.

There are seasons, a new season starts basically when a new lot of content comes out (dungeons, raids)

This is like 3 months long, sometimes less. The highest of each dungeon you do, is added up. So doing a 10 brh, is worth 90 points, then you gain another 1-9.9 on that, depending on how fast you did the dungeon (something like that, could be slightly off)

So as there's 13 dungeons, if you were to do a 10 of each dungeon, for that entire season, your score would be about 1.2k, but if you started to do higher m+, say a 15 of each dungeon, your score would then be about 1.9k.

If dungeons aren't in the top something (like 100 per dungeon or something?) of I think your server for the week, they aren't recorded, and therefore not added to your score. So if the m+ you're doing is fairly low, and the server you're on is very good, AND it's late in the week, you might have trouble increasing your score. But typically higher keys always go through.

So if on your server, the 100th best brh that week was a 10 done in time, as long as you either do that 10 faster, or an 11, it counts.
    Wow, thanks for that information, clarified it a lot more for me! I never really bother with the score honestly, I just do a weekly group with friends anyway.

I still think it's a bit unreliable then though if it admittedly does a weakness there (That it can be harder for people who only have time later in the week). I mean, I could see maybe using it as a rough estimate, but if the person is from a really good server, it just seems like it more of favors those who can knock them out on a Tuesday night.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-10-09 at 04:29 AM.

Make your own group. Problem solved.

I do agree that this thing is annoying through. However, I regularly get invited into +10/+11 without the team asking for anything, I suppose you just got bad luck, or your ilvl is real low.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Your ilvl and m+ score goes hand in hand, unless ur really bad (low score/high ilvl) or wanting to be carried (low score/ilvl)
    And if an group for an +8 asks for score, it could mean that they are idiots or the one who applied got very low ilvl.

As 940 UH signing for an +9, never been asked for m+ score, but id be asked to show score if i went to apply for an +12 and up, having an 950ilvl would mean ud prolly not need to link m+ score for an +12.

If u CANT get into +8/10 groups at all, do em with some friends?
    I server changed recently, so my m+ score was reset, I'm 940 ilvl. And having trouble getting into anything over a 10 because of my m+ score. it's a shitty system. Ofc I'll just work around it, and do m+ with guildies to boost my score, but it doesn't change that it's an unfortunate system which screws over some people.

I do understand why it's used, and hell, I use it myself, but it doesn't change that it isn't always good.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that's a little silly honestly. I mean, I imagine it's a technical limitation because they pull from the database to some degree, but to me, that just means more that people shouldn't rely so hard on your mythic score if they know it has faults.

It's possible the person with a lower mythic score is far better than the one with a higher one, but they're lower just because they only have time on the weekends.
    Well people looking at m+ score, are looking for players better than those ever effected by the weekly cap.

i dont care about this m+score. I only do one a week, somethimes 2 or 3, mostly random. I do 10-13 , its absolutely no hassle. For higher ones (did a 16 this week) i have to put in so much more effort because of all the possible oneshots if i make a wrong step , i dont like to play 100% on a freaking dungeon.

No problems to get into groups, 942 dps warrior here. Just have gear, and show the guys that u can do dps (i just type hi, dps warrie wanted?, link my overall dps from the last run from skada, where i am regularly the guy with 35-40 % of group dps) and invite is coming. Dont be the anonymous guy number 241 in their dungeon finder. Social interaction is important.

Of course i dont apply to those retard groups that want a 2k m+score for a +15 or so.

Just join like a 9/9h guild with a decent amount of people problem solved. I would like it if it wasn't so broken in so many instances. I think it is because I am on the highest pop realm but I did a 12 of an instance the other night 3 chested it and it showed up on io then I did a 15 of that same place an hour later and beat the timer and that doesnt show up on my io. On my server you have to run an absurdly high key and beat it like a 16+ or run a pretty high key on tuesday to get it to show up on your io. Io doesnt register me even doing keystone on half the dungeons despite doing tons of 10s of every where and +15 of most of them. This is probably just an issue for us guys on the super high pop mega servers though I assume the system works great on the back waters.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    So i'm a casual player in WOW. Right now, i'm having a big problem getting into mythic+ groups because of this website and I think it's just not right. I can't even get into a mythic+ 8 or even a 9 because "you're score is too low" serious like wtf is this all about? I'm someone that works a full time job, i have bills to pay and kids to take care of, so its really hard to get my "mythic+ score up", i just dont get why we can't all just play the game instead of worrying about someones "mythic score". pls...
    Believe it or not. People do have jobs and kids, but are they still much more invested than you.

If you want to hate, hate yourself(or make a group and blame it on others).

10+ Year Old Account
    There's people in my (7/9 mythic) guild who're doing 15+ who also have a full time job, bills to pay, and kids.

Either do your own groups, or find some way to put aside 1-2 hours a week to get a 10 or higher in each dungeon done and then you'll have a decent score

Well people looking at m+ score, are looking for players better than those ever effected by the weekly cap.
    That's optimistic, assuming people only ask for m+ score when "pushing high keys".

On a side note in my mythic raiding team there's maybe... 3-5 people interested in "pushing high keys" and 15+, majority of them are capable of doing a 15+ but have absolutely no reason to, there are better sources of AP and legendary BLP, loot is crap when you compare 915 baseline to people who are decked in 935+, so most of us just cycle all the alts through weekly 10, maybe 12 tops and never bother with anything higher. So ofc we have no "m+ score". Funnily my seat+12 got recorded but my eoa+14 I did on the same day, didn't. So no score for that either.

But ofc there are following solutions to the "no m+ score" problem I'm using myself:
    1. Push your own key
    2. In case of lack of suitable key, find a friend / random body to boost with one
    3. Play a tank or healer, increases your chances to get into dungeon pugs 10-fold

Often we have group of 2-4 guildies and we pug missing ones. I usually play tank myself, but generally healer will get insta invite, while dps is gonna be more cherry picked, if you're "average Joe ilvl" there's probably at least a handful better candidates from the get go for any decent key 10+, they line up like on Black Friday sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    That's optimistic, assuming people only ask for m+ score when "pushing high keys".
    That's fair, I wasn't aware it was so bad on mega populated servers.

It's not perfect but one thing I don't like is that the score is for all dungeons. Most people are simple minded and care about total score above all else. If I am running a maw, for instance, I'd care much more about what the highest maw they did was than their score. In fact, total score is stupid if you are just running a specific key and looking for someone for that run.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    And I love them becuase I can make sure I never have to group up with people such as you.
    If you don't want to put in the effort then why should others carry you?