Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Theory - Locus Walker: New class not race

People think the Naga or Ethereals will be a new race next expansion based on their presence. But it's a hard decision for Blizz do to. I mean they don't want to do another neutral class, I don't see the Naga being accepted into the Alliance. So that would be Ethereal for Alliance cause of Allerias interaction with Locus-Walker, and Naga for horde. But that would piss off people on both sides.

But I got to thinking, if Locus-Walker has an entire population of Ethereals to have join us as a playable race, why is he so discouraged on finding anyone on Argus who can use void like he does.

Because he is the only one of his kind. This does not include the Consortium, who couldn't care less. Locus-Walker is alone, trying to find people he can teach his powers to, and found no one promising until Alleria. He is not looking for "allies" but students. This is not a racial leader, this is a class trainer.

After Alleria successfully gains void magic, learning that other races than Ethereals can harness this, he will then seek out more students on Azeroth, and Alleria is the base of what the new class will be.

Mail wearer

Melee dps: Dagger wielding spec, since we only have 1 real dagger wielding class. Feral doesn't count because they don't have Dual wielding.

Ranged dps: Bow user cause...let's face it, we need another bow user.

Then a healer/tank class depending on how Blizz wants to do it, or just 2 specs like DH.

If the next expansion is about the Old Gods. Who better help prepare Azeroth to fight the void, than someone who has harnessed it himself, and for thousands of years.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2017-10-12 at 12:43 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Next time insert a picture tnx.
    I don't think this will be the new class no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz never said they don't want neutral races. That was Ghostcrawler tweeting he didn't like the idea, but Blizzard was open to giving everyone access to an undefined race.

Players reacted negatively to Pandaren, because they didn't fit. Then everyone perceived neutral races to have bad reception, despite the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    People think the Naga or Ethereals will be a new race next expansion based on their presence. But it's a hard decision for Blizz do to. I mean they don't want to do another neutral class, I don't see the Naga being accepted into the Alliance. So that would be Ethereal for Alliance cause of Allerias interaction with Locus-Walker, and Naga for horde. But that would piss off people on both sides.

But I got to thinking, if Locus-Walker has an entire population of Ethereals to have join us as a playable race, why is he so discouraged on finding anyone on Argus who can use void like he does.

Because he is the only one of his kind. This does not include the Consortium, who couldn't care less. Locus-Walker is alone, trying to find people he can teach his powers to, and found no one promising until Alleria. He is not looking for "allies" but students. This is not a racial leader, this is a class trainer.

After Alleria successfully gains void magic, learning that other races than Ethereals can harness this, he will then seek out more students on Azeroth, and Alleria is the base of what the new class will be.

Mail wearer

Melee dps: Dagger wielding spec, since we only have 1 real dagger wielding class. Feral doesn't count because they don't have Dual wielding.

Then a healer/tank class depending on how Blizz wants to do it, or just 2 specs like DH.

If the next expansion is about the Old Gods. Who better help prepare Azeroth to fight the void, than someone who has harnessed it himself, and for thousands of years.
    well technically it would fit with cataclysm - similiar lore (sargeras/old gods leave scars on azeroth reshaping its lands (look silithius) , 2 new races like back then (naga / ethereals aka goblins/worgens) and possibly as bonus new class Dark Ranger

but this is all wishfull thinking till blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post

Mail wearer

No, Just, Nope.

New class will be Tinker if anything.

Ofc anything is possible however blizzard will almost never release a new class after recently adding one in the last expansion.

1) balancing issues, wow already has major balance issues and it increases every time a new class is added so they try to balance it out over 2 expansions time before adding another class yet again.
    2) variety, last expansion they added a class so the probability of adding a new race instead is higher for the sake of variety / change / marketing.

Gender neutral races in WoW or discrimination. Kappa

They will look funny on the mounts I have

I had wondered this as well. They could steal all the cool spells from Spriests like DH did to Demo-locks. >.<

I'll say this first; In my opinion, I don't believe they are going to add a class. They need time to balance out everything with the current classes, and blizzard is very predictable with patterns (with the exclusion of WoD, but they needed to do massive graphical overhauls) and we don't get class after class.

With that said -- I do like the idea of Locus walker becoming more relevant in our story line with Alleria. In other posts I have stated that i think we are going to be in another long story arc of light/void like we were with the legion. so we have a couple of expansions to set this story up. Lets say this -- we do get ethereals and nagas as our races this expansion. Locus walker knows there are things to be learned from the people of azeroth after training Alleria. We spend the next expansion fighting old gods and other threats to azeroth ON azeroth. meanwhile Alleria and Locus walker have are somewhere trying to find the void lords or something and we get to hear about their escapades while we are fighting these azerothian threats. Now flash forward, we have another expansion under our belts, weve defeated the threats but we still have to defeat the final, and deepest old god, N'zoth. The ONLY way to do it is by harnessing the void and the light, Alleria and Locus Walker become these trainers and we get a class out of it! or there are other things we can get classes out of, and leave the "locus walker" and alleria to their shenanigans and they just narratively help us defeat the final old god/void lords.

My final thought to conclude this response is that, I think if we get ranged, we need to stay ranged. be that heals/caster/bow or heals/bow/bow or whatever (maybe even the fabled ranged tank). Since we have not received a ranged class from ANY xpack, its is gonna have to be a doozy

Deleted
    My god.

People are trying to fcking hard with ethereals. Jeez.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Blizz never said they don't want neutral races. That was Ghostcrawler tweeting he didn't like the idea, but Blizzard was open to giving everyone access to an undefined race.

Players reacted negatively to Pandaren, because they didn't fit. Then everyone perceived neutral races to have bad reception, despite the contrary.
    If it had been an cooler race, people would been more accepting.
    and face it, alot of people didt like em cause "LOL KUNGFU PANDA RIPOFF"
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    My god.

People are trying to fcking hard with ethereals. Jeez.
    This. Some people need to just leave there thoughts to themselves. [emoji28]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Gender neutral races in WoW or discrimination. Kappa
    god why how fucked up would that be, maybe snails as new playable race ...
    Last edited by Spaze; 2017-10-12 at 03:17 PM.

A thing to remember is last class we got was 2 specs, if we get a two specs class per expansion, every 3 expansions we would be getting a total of 6 new specs or in other words what we normally expect to get total. Not saying that is some flawless logic, but certainly something to consider.

In all this what shocked me the most is that I never realized druids don't have dual wielding but their artifact weapons are dual wielding daggers and fists.

What in the fuck.

Or do they have this now? I was under the impression they don't.

So... they gonna get it or they will NEVER be able to use their artifact appearances on normal weapon drops after Legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    In all this what shocked me the most is that I never realized druids don't have dual wielding but their artifact weapons are dual wielding daggers and fists.

What in the fuck.

So... they gonna get it or they will NEVER be able to use their artifact appearances on normal weapon drops after Legion?
    i never tried it but can you actually transmog normal weapons to the appearances of the artifact weapons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty cool idea, well thought out.

IMHO, I don't think Blizzard will add a new class two expansions in a row. Who knows, maybe they will surprise us! They did just throw a lot of devs at WoW so maybe they are gearing up for something big, who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post

What in the fuck.

They do have dual wielding now.

Quote Originally Posted by spacebuddha View Post
    i never tried it but can you actually transmog normal weapons to the appearances of the artifact weapons?
    I don't think it's possible right now but imagine the shit blizzard will get if we can't do that in the future?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    They do have dual wielding now.
    Ah okay that makes more sense.

Void Walker class!
    Melee DPS - Void Dancer
    Ranged DPS - Shadow Hunter
    Ranged DPS - Dark Ranger
    Mail

I'm fine with it.