Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The circle is complete

The Aggramar/Sargeras video reminded me of something when Sargeras said "The circle nears completion. The mortals must not disrupt the rebirth".

When Arthas approached the Frozen Throne Ner'zhul said "Return the blade and complete the circle". I wonder if these are connected, or just a coincidence.

Most likely it just means Sargeras is getting his body back. But could this be a "Keep them busy so Ner'zhul can take control of Bol'var" thing?"

Sargeras wants to wipe out all life. The scourge does a good job of that, Ner'zhuls rebirth could be his final gambit.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2017-10-12 at 01:34 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

We already know what the rebirth refers to

7+ Year Old Account
    There's also the "Circle of Stars" by Il'gynoth. ("To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars")
    My guess is that the Circle in the Aggramar/Sargeras' video is the Pantheon being completed again. Which could also be the circle that IG mentions since the titans sit around the players during the last encounter, and we know that titan souls look like star systems.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Deleted
    it's just a phrase blizzard likes to use, along with "the end of all things" and a few others. iirc there are a bunch of circles to complete in starcraft 2 too.

the circle the lich king refers too is probably just him expelling the blade and arthas returning it, or maybe him being trapped and now freed. i don't see how it could possibly be related to sargeras plans directly, especially since the lich kings action where directly hostile to the legion.

The cirlce means a mission , in both scenarios ... And no they are not connected
    Sargeras was referring to Argus's rebirth , While Ner'zhul was referring to Arthas completing his duty and becoming one with him (At which point he got killed by Arthas in a dream)
    2Pac Forever !

10+ Year Old Account
    "Time is a flat circle." I don't think Blizzard knows about any shapes other than circles.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Il'gynoth whispers: Your coming was foretold in the rings. The long circle is nearly complete.

Another circle reference here, in this case most likely N'zoth breaking free.

Il'gynoth(on death) whispers:N'Zoth... I journey... to Ny'alotha...

Xal'atath whispers: The God of the Deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly. You should hurry and defeat the fallen titan... there are greater battles yet to fight.

Xal'atath whispers: It appears the prison of N’zoth is not as strong as it once was. What you see is a tiny growth of the behemoth that may yet consume your world. (at Il'gynoth the Heart of Corruption)

Many more references to the "The God of the Deep" in Emerald Nightmare.

Yogg-saron did open access to the Nightmare, but N'zoth did the most corrupting work.

Il'gynoth clearly named N'zoth by name, or might even be part of it as mentioned by Xal'atath.

It just seems Circle is used as a big term for "master plan" of said entity, be it Sargeras/Ner'zhul or N'Zoth.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-12 at 03:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You know, this idea is so pointless that i can see blizzard try to pull this off. "Our main army got obliterated, send the pawns that already got defeated once !"

God, the next Expac is going to be so overwhelming, it's not even funny:

Legion= Fight off against the Threat that has been torturing our World's life for AGES! Go to Argus, fight a Titan, meet the Titans, Jail Sargeras, slay Gul'dan/KJ, Save the Multiverse. Oh, and Sargeras STABS Azeroth. I swear man, Antorus is going to be a bigger clutch than a Mythic Kil'jaeden Armageddon save. And that shit rivals that of the Lich King at ICC. -_-

Next Expac= Fight off against pawns of the Void, and sea people. Slay N'zoth (The WEAKEST OLD GOD), Azshara (Queen of the Weaker Naga), and...MAYBE...fight off Corrupted Azeroth (An Asspull, earlier mentioned in Chronicle). Oh, and...uhhh...fight off against the Old Gods, who are Avatars of a Bigger threat. The biggest one died to Aman'thul's FINGER! Oh...and...boats. Did I forget to mention Trolls? -__-

Then, there are the Void Lords. Why I should care for them, is beyond me. Apparently, they scared Sargeras, and they're the main Enemy? I mean.....eh? They're an Asspull that's been mentioned in Chronicle. It's....not....climactic enough. :/
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2017-10-12 at 07:05 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kosumoth mentions Nzoth a couple of times during his fight but it is in the Lovecraftian gibberish that passes as old god speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Next expansion might just be a cooldown type of expansion, in a similar vein to how MoP began. I could imagine it starting off with dealing with more domestic problems - the remnants of the Naga, perhaps the integration of the Nightborne, the fallout of the many leader deaths during the Legion campaign, etc. etc. Then, about halfway through the expansion, N'Zoth either breaks free or begins to stir for real and impels the narrative towards a Void-tastic concluding content patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Kosumoth mentions Nzoth a couple of times during his fight but it is in the Lovecraftian gibberish that passes as old god speech.
    The language is called Shath'yar - spoken by the Old Gods and presumably their sentient minions.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    The Aggramar/Sargeras video reminded me of something when Sargeras said "The circle nears completion. The mortals must not disrupt the rebirth".

When Arthas approached the Frozen Throne Ner'zhul said "Return the blade and complete the circle". I wonder if these are connected, or just a coincidence.

Most likely it just means Sargeras is getting his body back. But could this be a "Keep them busy so Ner'zhul can take control of Bol'var" thing?"

Sargeras wants to wipe out all life. The scourge does a good job of that, Ner'zhuls rebirth could be his final gambit.
    More of a reference that him messing with whatever's left with the Pantheon's souls and turning them to his cause. Essentially a Dark Pantheon, one fully formed Titan was enough but a few Avatar based Titans aligned with Sargeras? Azeroth would be in trouble.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Next expansion might just be a cooldown type of expansion, in a similar vein to how MoP began. I could imagine it starting off with dealing with more domestic problems - the remnants of the Naga, perhaps the integration of the Nightborne, the fallout of the many leader deaths during the Legion campaign, etc. etc. Then, about halfway through the expansion, N'Zoth either breaks free or begins to stir for real and impels the narrative towards a Void-tastic concluding content patch.

- - - Updated - - -

The language is called Shath'yar - spoken by the Old Gods and presumably their sentient minions.
    + some faction problem solving and leadership establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    "Time is a flat circle." I don't think Blizzard knows about any shapes other than circles.
    They really like their TV show references...

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'd actually prefer if the Void part didn't come in until relatively late. Also, a bit of a time skip with the expansion covering several years instead of months in-story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post

"The circle nears completion" is a standard phrase. I don't think they are really connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    it's just a phrase blizzard likes to use, along with "the end of all things" and a few others. iirc there are a bunch of circles to complete in starcraft 2 too.

the circle the lich king refers too is probably just him expelling the blade and arthas returning it, or maybe him being trapped and now freed. i don't see how it could possibly be related to sargeras plans directly, especially since the lich kings action where directly hostile to the legion.
    This place will become your tomb.

Aren't all circles flat though? If it wasn't flat it'd be a sphere or a cylinder, not a circle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Aren't all circles flat though? If it wasn't flat it'd be a sphere or a cylinder, not a circle.
    Only if you're using Euclidean geometry.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    /laughs in Euclidean.

- - - Updated - - -

Only if you're using Euclidean geometry.
    Damnit I thought I was being original.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol