Thread: Improvements...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post

no it wouldnt silly snowflake. besides you do Gold and only do lfr? whats wrong with you?
    The point is to make it so players are actually capable of doing base level content. Everyone has had experience with someone who is clueless as to what to do in a given scenario and it feels like they need a tutorial, and there is a tutorial for every role. It's called Proving Grounds.

Nice flame too btw, it's nice to know your lack of counterpoint has the dollop of "butthurt namecalling" on top. Get gud and use your big boy words next time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I'd re-instate:
    -all the pruned abilities
    -rpg elements
    -reforging
    -hybrid tax
    -hunter dead zone
    -talent trees
    -10 man raiding

I'd remove:
    -LFR
    -Flying
    -excess RNG elements
    -server sharding
    -CRZ
    -Blizz store
    -split raiding

I'd fix/change:
    -professions
    -battleground matchmaking so that both teams ALWAYS have equal amount of healers
    -server imbalance. I'd merge a shit load of servers together, mega servers if possible

I'd add:
    -Mythic-raiding-level dungeons with no timer attached to its reward system
    -Way more battlegrounds/arenas
    -All the store mounts into the game to be obtained by actually playing the game
    I think pruning some abilities was a good idea, when the fuck as a mage where people using fire ward and ice ward regularly? Super vague or nearly useless abilities should stay pruned.

I think M+ having loot drops is why people are incentivized to run them so much, albeit a lot of it is just fishing for titanforges. Removing the drops would just make it a leaderboard race which is fine and all but it would just devolve into "run 1 for chest then be done for the week," which is lame.

Removing the Blizz store removes access to monthly sub tokens, which then removes the ability to earn your sub with in game time. That would actually be worse than leaving the store as is. It would also remove the ability to easily server xfer and faction change which people should have the option to do. Should be more about removing character boosts, which even then isn't that bad. Not really pay to win if you have to grind a toon to level cap and then learn how to play it.

Removing LFR and bringing back 10 man raiding would be decent though. LFR is mostly just so that players can access content without having to dedicate time to the game and find a guild to raid with which is understandable but who in their right mind plays WoW on that limited of a schedule? Who plays MMOs at all if their schedule is that limited? Nobody should ideally.

Most of these are decent ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerenty View Post
    I would remove rogues. This is something everyone can agree on
    Yeah, unless you're a person who mains a Rogue... I personally main a Druid, but what about those people that do?
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

remove legendaries, set a max level ammount for TT and WF, 5 ilvls max

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    I'd re-instate: RMAH instead of this Token sh*t.
    Agreed, the Tokens aren't very good.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    if 1thign exp bonus from looms should stay, theyre ment to speed up lvling.
    Yes that's right, which is why I would remove the exp bonus because I think leveling should not be sped up.

Most of these are decent ideas.
    Thanks. I realize some of it is controversial, but opinions are opinions.

And Mages used Fire Ward / Ice Ward on cooldown in PvP. I think those "niche" abilities were just find staying. If you didn't think you'd use it, leave it off your bars. No reason to take it from those who want to maximize their character's potential.

I never said anything about Mythic+ dungeons or removing its loot drops. I said I'd add Mythic-raiding-level dungeons where the loot is not determinant upon how fast you clear it, that's all.

Agree to disagree on the Blizz store. I think it's overall had a negative effect on the game.

I'd re-instate:
    -all the pruned abilities
    -rpg elements
    -reforging
    -hybrid tax
    -hunter dead zone
    -talent trees
    -10 man raiding

I'd remove:
    -LFR
    -Flying
    -excess RNG elements
    -server sharding
    -CRZ
    -Blizz store
    -split raiding

I'd fix/change:
    -professions
    -battleground matchmaking so that both teams ALWAYS have equal amount of healers
    -server imbalance. I'd merge a shit load of servers together, mega servers if possible

I'd add:
    -Mythic-raiding-level dungeons with no timer attached to its reward system
    -Way more battlegrounds/arenas
    -All the store mounts into the game to be obtained by actually playing the game

agree with pretty much everything, it would be like reverting back to wrath/cata

but wont happen tho..

Thanks. I realize some of it is controversial, but opinions are opinions.

And Mages used Fire Ward / Ice Ward on cooldown in PvP. I think those "niche" abilities were just find staying. If you didn't think you'd use it, leave it off your bars. No reason to take it from those who want to maximize their character's potential.

I never said anything about Mythic+ dungeons or removing its loot drops. I said I'd add Mythic-raiding-level dungeons where the loot is not determinant upon how fast you clear it, that's all.

Agree to disagree on the Blizz store. I think it's overall had a negative effect on the game.
    Compare the Blizz store to any other game with in game transactions. It's very tame, especially because it's not P2Win, it's more Pay for convenience. It's not fantastic but it's not the worst thing they could do by far.

Compare the Blizz store to any other game with in game transactions. It's very tame, especially because it's not P2Win, it's more Pay for convenience. It's not fantastic but it's not the worst thing they could do by far.
    I only compare WoW to itself. I think the game was better off before the in-game transactions came about.

I think pruning some abilities was a good idea, when the fuck as a mage where people using fire ward and ice ward regularly? Super vague or nearly useless abilities should stay pruned.

well wards were pretty fucking useful in pvp if you were actually good at using them.. again how do u define useless abilities? some ppl might some abilities useful even if you think they're useless

again i think there are useless abilities and there are just flat out dumb abilities that shouldnt be in the game.. and i think while this game lacking overall amount of cool abilities its FULL of dumb abilities/mechanics that they should get rid of

like you prune stuff like mage/lock armors, lock curses etc. but add stuff like ranged kick for dks, subterfuge talent for rogues, infinite amount of mobility, spammable damage with no cd/no cost/cast time, all the 1 button autoaoe abilities like outbreak for dks, and many many more other examples

again you can argue that some pruning was necessary.. but pruning like 20 abilities from each class pretty much? there is no way in hell after 12 years you should have less abilities than you once had.. and thats only abilities.. like i said they also got rid of alot of other stuff that was making the game way more enjoyable and entertaining.. like dot snapshotting for example

i think at this point just reverting pruning would help, but wouldnt completely fix broken class/game design, so many more things should also be added back or removed(like why the fuck mana doesnt matter almost at all if you're not a healer? and sometimes even if you're a healer)
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2017-10-14 at 04:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Not at all.

Crafting was much more involved, time/resource consuming and purposeful, but you did not have to specialize a character for crafting at the expense of doing other stuff well (beyond gold cost). End game crafting items were good, but even within Vanilla were overshadowed fairly quickly. The high end drops were scattered and only an isolated few items useful for a few specific people.

Professions were handled better in Vanilla than they have been since (one of the very few things that applies to) but that system is not really equivalent to what I was proposing.
    Have you tried ffxiv yet? High end crafters devote an insane amount of time to perfecting it and some rarely do pve content

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    A system that also rewards persistence and commitment, instead of strictly relying on RNG.

Example;

For mounts off raids or dungeons, either raise the chance by 1% each week upon failure of mount being dropped... or have a fragment of the mount where upon collecting, say, 50 fragments (i.e. 50 weeks) will give you the mount.
    Ironically you are basically describing ffxiv token system for mounts and i believe they have a similar one for high end weapons(not an EX raider so not 100% sure but fairly certain they added a token mechanic wjere after 10 kills you will have enough to buy one weapon from the boss) great for alts too if you het your weapon.

Mounts are 99 if curious btw
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2017-10-14 at 05:05 AM.