Poll: Would you like leveling from 1 to Max to be more Fun and interesting?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

New Low and Max level TALENT system!

This could be one way how to make 1 to max level fun again, as of now the Talent system is kinda boooooring since you only get 1 talent each 15 levels.

How about this (NOW dont rage on me, read everything before you comment) blizzard makes the Vanilla Skill talent tree come back, that way from 1 to 60 you get to choose 1 new talent point each level (Making it more interesting).

but after level 60 (lets say you have to do a short quest or something like that) you would get the New'er talent system back, Exactly as it is now in 2017.

This way of Hybrid talent system would be great to keep people engaged and to feel like you get stronger each level.

But at level 60 you would get "all of the talents in that specific tree, that way, blizzard would not have to "balance a level 1-60 talent tree and a max level talent tree".

Let me know what you think,

Regards,
    Woflrick

Because 1-60 takes, like, a day?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like your idea but I think it would mess it up a bit for some. As well, would be more process than needed if it is going to be minimal use anyways. Don't think Blizzard wants to build out the old talent system just to have it go offline at 60.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I'd rather see them make one good talent system that works for both levelling and end-game, rather than introduce and keep two sub-par systems... and I can't imagine how jarring it must be to ding to level sixty and just see your whole talent tree fly out of the window.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you get a talent tree for 1-60, that is just completly filled out by the time you hit lvl 60? If that is the case, Blizz would have to split up the classes into 60 different pieces and let you gather the class yourself, which is something that could be cool, but it would also open up for you playing an incomplete class for the large majority of the 1-60 leveling experience.

If they remade the entire build up of the classes around the new 1-60 talents, it could work, but then it would require somebody actually making new stuff for leveling and Blizzard don't really do that anymore.

Edit: I also think, that if Blizzard would actually begin to fidge around with the talent system, they should just make a big new system, which works for both leveling and end-game. While Blizzard might dislike big talent trees and system, i really enjoy them and i would love to see a 110 point talent system in the game. Maybe it would be filled out in the end, but something like this would create an actual reward for every single level you get.
    Last edited by Flurryfang; 2017-10-13 at 08:03 AM.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Just give an additional talent at level 1, and let us change talents wherever we want, with maybe a cooldown or something. That way you can level up and maybe change your talents for a difficult foe, and the level 1 talent gives a bit more something to try at low levels, mostly aimed for newer players.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe for Veterans like us, but I am one of those that low to level slow and read every quest and talk to people.

New players would want to get to know more about World of Warcraft in a more challenging and interesting environment, as of now leveling feels like a Marathon where you just are suppose to steamroll threw everything.

I have had many friend that stoped playing Legion since low leveling is very unfriendly to new players (I might add, my friend has gone over to Vanilla servers... since at least there the Low leveling feels like and Adventure by it self).

Just to Correct my self, Vanilla Leveling was not perfect, but alt least leveling was made so that you where suppose to Explore the world and have fun doing it.

You can level 1-60 within like... a few hours??
    What is the point investing Blizzard's time in something that irrelevant?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    Maybe for Veterans like us, but I am one of those that low to level slow and read every quest and talk to people.

New players would want to get to know more about World of Warcraft in a more challenging and interesting environment, as of now leveling feels like a Marathon where you just are suppose to steamroll threw everything.

I have had many friend that stoped playing Legion since low leveling is very unfriendly to new players (I might add, my friend has gone over to Vanilla servers... since at least there the Low leveling feels like and Adventure by it self).

Just to Correct my self, Vanilla Leveling was not perfect, but alt least leveling was made so that you where suppose to Explore the world and have fun doing it.
    Even for a new player, leveling can go too fast. Without looms, you're still out leveled a zone before done with it.

As said, like your idea but it would be more process than need, and would be gone just as fast.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    This could be one way how to make 1 to max level fun again, as of now the Talent system is kinda boooooring since you only get 1 talent each 15 levels.

How about this (NOW dont rage on me, read everything before you comment) blizzard makes the Vanilla Skill talent tree come back, that way from 1 to 60 you get to choose 1 new talent point each level (Making it more interesting).

but after level 60 (lets say you have to do a short quest or something like that) you would get the New'er talent system back, Exactly as it is now in 2017.

This way of Hybrid talent system would be great to keep people engaged and to feel like you get stronger each level.

But at level 60 you would get "all of the talents in that specific tree, that way, blizzard would not have to "balance a level 1-60 talent tree and a max level talent tree".

Let me know what you think,

Regards,
    Woflrick
    There would be people that would protest that you remove their vanilla style talents.

There would be people that would want to be backwards: 2017 talents to level and then a Vanilla tree for max level and hybridation.

Otherwise, your concern about low level balance should come if low levels are relevant like they were back in WotLK, TBC, Vanilla, where you would spend months playing. But, right now, as the game has progressed, they would rather give you a free 110 that fixing old content.

The change to low-level balance that we should be looking for is not in their power level, but in their relevance in gameplay against end-game content. That could be done, for example, if they revamp Azeroth to hold all levels, including max level, and every quest chain, everything you do on this new Azeroth, even if low level, would contribute to the end-game content.

For example, say you have a main at max level and you just created a new alt. Both had to do the same quests in the new Azeroth, just that the alt will do them to level up and get to max level asap, and the max leveler because it will unlock some world quests, reputation, storylines...

So, even if you're low-level, what you do is catching up, but also advancing you end-game experience, so leveling, once again, is worth doing, taking account on how the game has changed in more than 10 years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Even for a new player, leveling can go too fast. Without looms, you're still out leveled a zone before done with it.

As said, like your idea but it would be more process than need, and would be gone just as fast.
    That is why I really hope Blizzard makes the Level scaling system from Legion go all the way from 1 to max level ^^

Nothing says engaging like getting a 0.5% damage increase on your filler spell.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    But that just encourages more clicking during leveling.

This is what would happen actually:

1. You get to level 60 with some of your selected talents
    2. You do short quest and get new system and all your choices before level 60s are gone and turned into cookie-cutter build
    3. Conclusion: Number 1 is not necessary.
    If number 1 made getting to level 60 engageing, it would not be wasted at all. That is like saying, that every new spell you got through the leveling process did not matter, since you would get them all at lvl 100.

They already did this with some succes in WoD, where you got a moddification to one of your spells every 2 levels. While it werent hugely succesful, it did give you something to look forward to.

The same could be with this leveling content aswell. It might not matter when it comes to max lvl, but it will make getting to max lvl more fun.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

That would be totally inconsistent and a confusing experience for the player. You can't establish complete systems and then simply completely abandon them mid-game, what for? Also, it would inevitable cause discontentas I'm sure many people would end up with the feeling that they got a bunch of stuff taken away from them the moment they hit 60.

5+ Year Old Account
    sounds like a bunch of new balancing problems..

hmm unless it could work in benefit actually. balance lower levels around this different set of talents = smoother experience.

But if its a toss up between low lvl talents vs new endgame content, id just prefer the end game content.

Just make the talent trees like Path of Exile

Ooooh i can already hear the cries of a million angry players.

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    Just make the talent trees like Path of Exile

Ooooh i can already hear the cries of a million angry players.
    Because it's boring and unnecessarily complex? Like adding 50 10 Strength nodes surely makes the game so much more enjoyable - especially in a game where you don't have stat requirements and where you 100% always follow the one best build. Yea, let's just throw a 500-nodes talent tree at everyone to hide the fact that 95% of it is irrelevant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    You ignore the part that during leveling (for most classes) every 2nd level you get a spell or a talent. I am talking about why they removed old talent system in first place.

I mean, this is how the logic goes.

1. Everyone is using same build as the other player because that's the best talent build
    2. Bilzzard "hides" old talent system and allows only few talents to be used because, that's how it was with old talent system.

So this is a vivid example how community/players are doing in massive amounts one thing and Blizzard adjust system accordingly. Crying out for old talent trees - just because and saying that leveling until 60 can be engaging is a joke and nostalgic.
    I understand why they removed the old talent system quite well, it had its problems, but totally removing it without replacing it with something else in the leveling experience was a horrible decision. Right now, several classes have these huge gaps in their leveling, where they get absolutely nothing from leveling up for 10-15 lvls. And even when they get a talent, it might be a talent, that have no showable impact on your playstyle or engagement with the game.

The old talent system atleast required you to stop for a moment or 2 every lvl and put in a point. Sure that point might not matter, but it gave you something to look forward to and that would further down lead to talents, that actually changed a bit in how you play. The leveling experience from 1-100 is right now starving for actual rewards and that feeling of wanting to get just one more lvl is not really that. It does not feel like 100 lvls atm, it feels like 6 really fucking long lvls and then finally 10 new lvls when it comes to Legion content.

I could see them taking the passive increases baked into specs back and making them talent "options" that we end up having all of by lvl 120 in order to give a stronger feeling of progression

Kinda OT, but some level 100 talents really ought to be a level 15 talent... such as Shadow Priest's Legacy of the Void. Levelling without it would suck!