Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    One can basically stop reading at "social scientists". Those two words have no rational reason to be next to each other.
    Yeah.. trouble is with scientists like those they always seem to have clouded research pushing an agenda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Why does this have to be a 'men versus women' thing rather than a 'normal people versus society's bullshit expectations' thing.
    Since this article is specifically written as a men vs women thing. Cutting people off from friends is a red flag in any relationship regardless of partner genders.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Just going to put this right here.

I saw people bring up these two, but not this song. Kinda surprising. Maybe I missed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So men aren’t allowed to have the same style of friendships that women have had with each other for ages?

I like the part where it calls these friendships sexist, and then in the next paragraph talks about how that one guy’s girlfriend would judge him for his music tastes because they’re not “manly,” but yeah definitely his friendship that’s the problem and not his judgey sexist girlfriend.

Maybe it's time we all get inside our giant plastic bubble and stop socializing with each other.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Social scientists are not scientists

Bromances exited since forever
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Since this article is specifically written as a men vs women thing. Cutting people off from friends is a red flag in any relationship regardless of partner genders.
    It's rather hypocritical to slag the article in the OP for being divisive over gender and then use it as an excuse to be divisive over gender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I cuddled with my male dog once. Does that count?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I cuddled with my male dog once. Does that count?
    Is your dog named 'CNN Frontpage Article'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Nah... MMOC-OT.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's rather hypocritical to slag the article in the OP for being divisive over gender and then use it as an excuse to be divisive over gender.
    Did I say anything about dividing the genders? I said controlling women like men that allow themselves to lose their friends for their "romantic" relationship. I don't give a damn about gender equality and have never acted as though I did.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Nah... Call him Sh!thead

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lKv7aGku2RQ
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-10-13 at 04:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They surveyed 30 undergraduates?

Was this someone's class project?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    They surveyed 30 undergraduates?

Was this someone's class project?
    Basically, "surveyed 30 kids."

10+ Year Old Account
    You could also stop using half-assed tabloid links and directly link to the paper: https://sci-hub.io/http://journals.s...97184X17730386

If you skim through it, you will notice they are fully honest of the possible shortcomings and inaccuracies in their research (predominantly aimed at the size, distribution and source of the samples, but also their used methods). They explain and praise the social changes that make men more prone to these homosocial relationships, but as well noticed, for several men (not all), a tendency of correlation with disdain for women. Their biggest issue is that one (or a few at best) bad experience was enough for some of these men to label all of the women as being the same (generalisation). Further they suggest devaluing cross-sex relationships might not be very liberating for women and might alter the ever-present orthodox relationships.

That's really it...
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    That's really it...
    This is a thread for frustrated and impotent men to rage about how unfair women are. I think you're in the wrong place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    You could also stop using half-assed tabloid links and directly link to the paper: https://sci-hub.io/http://journals.s...97184X17730386

If you skim through it, you will notice they are fully honest of the possible shortcomings and inaccuracies in their research (predominantly aimed at the size, distribution and source of the samples, but also their used methods). They explain and praise the social changes that make men more prone to these homosocial relationships, but as well noticed, for several men (not all), a tendency of correlation with disdain for women. Their biggest issue is that one (or a few at best) bad experience was enough for some of these men to label all of the women as being the same (generalisation). Further they suggest devaluing cross-sex relationships might not be very liberating for women and might alter the ever-present orthodox relationships.

That's really it...
    The Telegraph is a half-assed tabloid?

Deleted
    It's funny, I kinda notice the same happening with women.

They tend to have tight groups of female only friends, have a career going (often a better career than the average guy) and they don't really feel the need to have a man added to all of that. Plus, when they want kids they can get them from a tube nowadays.

So I guess both men and women seem to be going solo through life if this continues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    This is a thread for frustrated and impotent men to rage about how unfair women are. I think you're in the wrong place.
    Those evil women /s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    It's funny, I kinda notice the same happening with women.

They tend to have tight groups of female only friends, have a career going (often a better career than the average guy) and they don't really feel the need to have a man added to all of that. Plus, when they want kids they can get them from a tube nowadays.

So I guess both men and women seem to be going solo through life if this continues.
    You can have a happy life if not more so with friendships... Also bromances may add drunken sex time so hey a day off Tinder too

What is the purpose of this article? It feels like it's trying to shame men into not being close friends with other men for fear of being gay.

The fuck is this garbage?