Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is not a ban, it's a suspension. Suspensions suck ass and have to effect. Not only Blizzard only uses these useless suspensions for cheaters, but they also do it like once a year. Not sure why they even bother, let the bots run free (not that they aren't running already)...

And those saying "taking out the trash" should fucking stop and think about ONE occurrence when they "took the trash out" and it came back in some months later. When I take the trash out, a truck comes and takes it away and I never see it again. I'm fucking glad that my trash disposal company is not Blizzard Entertainment...

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    veteran players are getting banned for no reason and are worth like 100 casual subscribers.
    You must know something that I don't. I'm a veteran player and I can't figure out how to make my $15 a month worth more than the $1500 a month off 100 casual subscribers.

Is this why there's been lag and shit on some servers out of the blue?

Had some severe server lag in the past 2 days, comes and goes. :d

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    People will only appreciate bots when the AH economy goes to shit. More bots = more supply = cheaper AH prices
    Like saying the price of an XBox will drop if more people steal them and flog them down the pub. Lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Go go Blizzard!!! get those Cheaters...

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a lot of players who were out of town and have brothers.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Like saying the price of an XBox will drop if more people steal them and flog them down the pub. Lol.
    Hey it just might work!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

the forums we shall not mention are filled with tears, tastes fucking delicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    This is not a ban, it's a suspension. Suspensions suck ass and have to effect. Not only Blizzard only uses these useless suspensions for cheaters, but they also do it like once a year. Not sure why they even bother, let the bots run free (not that they aren't running already)...

And those saying "taking out the trash" should fucking stop and think about ONE occurrence when they "took the trash out" and it came back in some months later. When I take the trash out, a truck comes and takes it away and I never see it again. I'm fucking glad that my trash disposal company is not Blizzard Entertainment...
    Like I said above, it's the same old shit with Blizz. Pretend you're doing a huge "OMG BHAANWHAAAVE!11" -- when in reality they don't want to lose those accts. and they'll be back after their slap-on-the-wrist suspension is over.

This is pure PR spin bullshit as it always has been, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    if you then buy your XBox from that guy in the pub for 10% of the retail price, then the price for you has actually dropped?

the only difference with your example vs bots in wow is that bots don't need to go down the pub to flog their goods, they can sell them at the same store (the AH) right next to the Microsoft stand

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    but just think how much more money your trash disposal company would make if you had to pay them directly for every single trash pickup they made + the trash they took from you returned to you eventually and was added to the new trash you were accumulating
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-10-13 at 07:48 PM.

I don't know how their detection is working, but maybe they scan the RAM/harddisk, too, and when it detects some prohibited software, you get flagged regardless of whether you're really using it. There may be some false-positive, but pretty much every ban is justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    I don't know how their detection is working, but maybe they scan the RAM/harddisk, too, and when it detects some prohibited software, you get flagged regardless of whether you're really using it. There may be some false-positive, but pretty much every ban is justified.
    they are scanning for a particular piece of software (EWT) that can be used as a platform for a wide variety of wow hacks, ranging from completely harmless things like own character model editing to profession/rotation bots etc

the ban was for having the base program, irrelevant of the good/bad way in which the person was using it - there is no real room for false positives in this case, you either have EWT (and get banned) or you don't (and don't get banned)
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-10-13 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    they are scanning for a particular piece of software (EWT) that can be used as a platform for a wide variety of wow hacks, ranging from completely harmless things like own character model editing to profession/rotation bots etc

the ban was for having the base program, irrelevant of the good/bad way in which the person was using it - there is no real room for false positives in this case, you either have EWT (and get banned) or you don't (and don't get banned)
    What is EWT?

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    I'm pretty damn sure that doing that is very illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Meggle View Post
    What is EWT?
    google ewt wow

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    you might want to start reading the tos you accept every time there is a new patch

Deleted
    Not if you give them permission to do it. And you have done that, in order to log in and play. If you did not give permission, you would not be able to completely log in and play.

I'm guessing Blizzard pays their lawyers more than you pay yours.

Seriously though, this is long settled law in the US and Europe, I couldn't speak to Asia, esp China since they have some different notions about IP.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the meantime RMT/boosting is still being done. Sharing Accounts is still being done. Duping is still a thing and Jaylock still isn't permabanned here.
    Let's not use the rules too harshly else we might lose some of our beloved high end Raiders/PvP players.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Remember when it used to be permanent the first time and not 6 months?
    The first couple of years were the best, they'd go to the Customer Support Forums with their "Din'do NUFFIN!" posts, and would get dismantled by the CS reps there. "According to our records, your account was accessed from a far away, exotic location, and you're in the US." REKT. (That was back in the paid leveling years) The logic knots they'd try to foist, the threats of lawsuits, it was always epic. They've since learned they can't talk their way out of a ban. The best were the posts by little kids trying to sound adult, and threatening Blizzard if they didn't get their account back RIGHT NOW.

The best banwave was the first Rust Storm on Diablo II, it wiped out millions of Stones Of Jordan, the crying on various forums was several salty ocean's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Nah just usually means Wave 2 hasn't hit. They do these things in waves. The best part is after Wave 1 when people go "I'm clear, hahah you guys suck you got caught. Continues on botting and days later "WTF I got banned? Blizzard so dumb I'm gonna sue/petition constantly/ddos/etc"
    I don't think another wave will happen for quite a while now. That doesn't matter though, after this ban wave 2 famous (best in market) rotation bot makers went out of business.

I guess that's the whole point isn't it.

edit: I was wondering if I was the only one lagging, seems it's everybody ;d