Deleted

927 ilvl - Missed a lot of content - DPS Help required

>>> Edit: If an admin wants to remove this, it's fine. I've posted on the "fix my dps" thread. Just trying hard to get some help. <<<

Hi guys,

I've been afk for a year or so, but haven't really paid much attention to wow in a few years (RL stuff) and i've just managed to pretty much wipe my guild run on KJ. Feel like rubbish for it! :/

So, I need some help. My DPS is rubbish and so is my knowledge of the bosses / raids / everything else. The knowledge of raids i can work on. But i need help with my char. Talents, spec, shot rotations, maximising dps, pots, enchants i think im ok with, there's only like 4 now (i think) and anything else you think il need to look at. ??

I've looked at and tried loads of different talent specs, my max dps was 1.25m on a world boss thing, but it averages at around 500-700k, which isn't good. 927 ilvl.

I'd like to stay MM and focus my char on raiding. I don't want to be spoon fed, but there's not much info (that i can find) for hunters returning to wow after missing so much content.

Any advice or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dragonfyr
    - EU - Kazzak - Horde -

P.s. I've said to my guild to give me 1 week to catch up, not to be amazing, but at least be better. I want to do this.
    Last edited by mmoc675f58dcbd; 2017-10-15 at 11:24 PM.

i am a casual player as well but first i would recommend azortharions guide on icy veins:

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/marksm...-pve-dps-guide

there you will find anything you need. For Raiding as MM there aren't many choices you can make, it's all pretty straight forward i think.
    A few things i can see in your armory are:

- Steady shot. Don't do that. Bad bad tauren! Alwayse lone wolf
    - you are missing enchants on your rings
    - bracers are not very good for MM but i suppose you don't have any other?
    - i would switch the legs for something else till you got the 4 pc bonus. I think even 910 legs with mastery will perform better until then

i cannot find any logs from you so i can only guess that there are issues with your rotation. Rotation is everything.

hope i haven't told any crap

edit: NVM, didn't see your edit, read it now :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theleri View Post
    i am a casual player as well but first i would recommend azortharions guide on icy veins:

NOT ALLOWED TO QUOTE URL! lol

there you will find anything you need. For Raiding as MM there aren't many choices you can make, it's all pretty straight forward i think.
    A few things i can see in your armory are:

- Steady shot. Don't do that. Bad bad tauren! Alwayse lone wolf
    - you are missing enchants on your rings
    - bracers are not very good for MM but i suppose you don't have any other?
    - i would switch the legs for something else till you got the 4 pc bonus. I think even 910 legs with mastery will perform better until then

i cannot find any logs from you so i can only guess that there are issues with your rotation. Rotation is everything.

hope i haven't told any crap

edit: NVM, didn't see your edit, read it now :P
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yea, reading up a lot on Icy-veins. Fantastic site.

in reply to your points:
    - Yea, I love my pets too much lol, but it's changed to Lone Wolf now.
    - Rings are now enchanted. (+200 Mastery, each).
    - Nope. Don't have any other ones.
    - The legs. I bought a set of the 910 ones, it proced a really bad set lol. 920, less agi stam haste vers, plus crit. Will keep trying them though.

Spent most of the day installing ELVui and learning how to use it. Looks pretty good. Things are easier to see.

As for shot rotation, yea, i think that needs a lot of work. Do you have any recommendations?

I recommend joining the hunter dicord as well. There you can get answers to questions that guides might not cover or cover in sufficient detail from pins and other players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    I recommend joining the hunter dicord as well. There you can get answers to questions that guides might not cover or cover in sufficient detail from pins and other players.
    Would you happen to have the discord address?

- - - Updated - - -

Also as an update. I've looked into shot rotations (still need to figure out a good rotation), but i've nearly doubled my dps to 1.03m. Not great but it's getting better.

Just watched a KJ HC video. Can see where i went wrong and know the fight a lot better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfyr View Post
    Would you happen to have the discord address?
    This is the one for the Trueshot Lodge: https://goo.gl/QcMRU5

There is also the Hunter's Union* here: https://goo.gl/xPZDpM

I have no idea why there are several different channels but the Trueshot Lodge is the main one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    This is the one for the Trueshot Lodge: link

There is also the Hunter's Union* here: link

I have no idea why there are several different channels but the Trueshot Lodge is the main one.
    Brilliant, thanks.

Another random question relating to this post...

What would anyone say were the best two legendaries for a MM hunter?

Thanks,
    Dragon