Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is an unintended outcome in this thread. Those who don't get it, and don't understand how certain actions they deem acceptable are unacceptable to others, have shown that they could be part of the reason this movement began in the first place.

Not all of you, but there are some of those in disagreement with the movement have displayed sure signs of sexual harassment.

Btw, today's hashtag is #IDidIt or #IHave. The victims spoke out, but today it is encouraged that if you were the one to harass, sexually abuse, or assault, you use one of these hash tags.

The reason is, as great it is that the victims came forward, it is also, if not more important for those who have committed these acts to come forward and take responsibility for their actions.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

This thread literally proves why the trend is a thing. Your gender doesn't matter here. Both men and women alike have experienced traumatic events. What's wrong with empowering those who have felt diminished? If this thing was about soldiers with PTSD, or kids who were bullied, I reckon most of you wouldn't push those weak ass arguments. I don't use twitter or instagram so I don't really participate in hashtags but I could definitely get behind this one. Keeping the sexual harassment conversation open, especially at home, is important so that in the future people are more comfortable coming forward with their struggles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by suave View Post
    This thread literally proves why the trend is a thing. Your gender doesn't matter here. Both men and women alike have experienced traumatic events. What's wrong with empowering those who have felt diminished? If this thing was about soldiers with PTSD, or kids who were bullied, I reckon most of you wouldn't push those weak ass arguments. I don't use twitter or instagram so I don't really participate in hashtags but I could definitely get behind this one. Keeping the sexual harassment conversation open, especially at home, is important so that in the future people are more comfortable coming forward with their struggles.
    Believe it or not, they would. Bullying threads are usually pretty split between empathetic folks, and those who feel kids should have thicker skin and not worry about the bullies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    There is an unintended outcome in this thread. Those who don't get it, and don't understand how certain actions they deem acceptable are unacceptable to others, have shown that they could be part of the reason this movement began in the first place.

Not all of you, but there are some of those in disagreement with the movement have displayed sure signs of sexual harassment.

Btw, today's hashtag is #IDidIt or #IHave. The victims spoke out, but today it is encouraged that if you were the one to harass, sexually abuse, or assault, you use one of these hash tags.

The reason is, as great it is that the victims came forward, it is also, if not more important for those who have committed these acts to come forward and take responsibility for their actions.
    How many women are coming forward and using the hashtag?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    How many women are coming forward and using the hashtag?
    Not sure. It is 9am, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know how many would be willing to admit that they have done anything wrong. Partly because they don't see it as wrong, and partly because they would be too ashamed to admit it.

I have 1 friend so far who has come forward. And I personally put up a post asking if I have ever made anyone feel uncomfortable or unsafe. But I don't think i'll see more than that on my FB feed today.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    No, he's probably speaking for the girls who aren't raped who feel they are raped looking back because guys tend to be more agressive because DNA.

- - - Updated - - -

You already made the argument for him. He just made it clear how much of a hypocrit you are and you'd do anything which would make it seems that he was not right. But you failed horribly.
    Males in any species are generally the aggressor. Unless you are a praying mantis that is, then you'd stay away from every female in existence because the females behead the males after they mate. We should be thankful that kind of thing doesn't happen in human nature. Still though I'd love to know of a species where the females are the aggressors in pursuing a mate. There certainly aren't many, if there are.

Not sure. It is 9am, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know how many would be willing to admit that they have done anything wrong. Partly because they don't see it as wrong, and partly because they would be too ashamed to admit it.

I have 1 friend so far who has come forward. And I personally put up a post asking if I have ever made anyone feel uncomfortable or unsafe. But I don't think i'll see more than that on my FB feed today.
    I know I have but didn't find out until later which just harkens back to my point of, how can another person know what is "unwanted" if you do not inform them?

Nobody is a mind reader
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I know I have but didn't find out until later which just harkens back to my point of, how can another person know what is "unwanted" if you do not inform them?

Nobody is a mind reader
    Can't disagree. But if you did learn what you did wasn't right, then you are wiser now.

That is why I posted this yesterday on my FB page.

"With the Me Too movement, I have thought, "I wonder if I have ever made someone feel harassed, or skeeved out or anything at all that breached their intimate boundaries."

I've always taken pride in respecting people in such a way, but I was young and dumb at a time like many others. I hope I never did anything that disrespected anyone's boundaries.

If I have, I would really want to know. Id rather have my eyes opened than to walk around with them closed."

Aah yes, the "me too" movement, where men who do it are being harassed for using it to get attention. Because men can't be sexually abused.

God I love such movements.. "We're all inclusive, except you, we don't like your kind"

Can't disagree. But if you did learn what you did wasn't right, then you are wiser now.

That is why I posted this yesterday on my FB page.

"With the Me Too movement, I have thought, "I wonder if I have ever made someone feel harassed, or skeeved out or anything at all that breached their intimate boundaries."

I've always taken pride in respecting people in such a way, but I was young and dumb at a time like many others. I hope I never did anything that disrespected anyone's boundaries.

If I have, I would really want to know. Id rather have my eyes opened than to walk around with them closed."
    I learned hand on waist is always wrong, especially if it's a woman sitting on your lap.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    So rape is generally o.k. because DNA. Got it.
    Come on, that's a bit of a stretch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Aah yes, the "me too" movement, where men who do it are being harassed for using it to get attention. Because men can't be sexually abused.

God I love such movements.. "We're all inclusive, except you, we don't like your kind"
    It's a bit case by case. Some women I know are applauding men for contributing, some are insulted. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's just a reflection of our sexual dimorphism, girls are different from boys.

Boys are aggressive and would welcome sexual overtures. Men have a hard time understanding why women aren't flattered. Women aren't as aggressive and they don't welcome sexual overtures. It's been this way forever.

It's in the DNA.

Yes I'm speaking in generalities.
    Not sure why you're getting so much shit about this post. Truth hurts the weak I guess.

Lol DNA could "explain" a lot of unacceptable behavior ... but what the hell does that have to do with this MeToo hashtag? People feeling like they shouldn't or can't come forward and talk about an uncomfortable/traumatic experience isn't good for their own health, regardless of whether you think sexual harrasment/abuse is avoidable or justifiable. This movement is geared towards encouraging/positively reinforcing those people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    I think I might have to ask that question from you if you thought that was the kind of situation that's being discussed here. It's not exactly the same thing. Anyway, we're not talking about the same things here, so move along.
    We were talking about how kissing someone without their consent is sexual abuse. Nobody asks for permission of a kiss. The ones who ask for permission won't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    Not sure why you're getting so much shit about this post. Truth hurts the weak I guess.

Well if you see behavior that is mimic by all humans all over the globe in many different cultures odds are it's in the DNA.

People in Zambia, people in Mexico, people in Canada, males pursue females.

Remember the #MeToo tag is about Harvey Weinstein. He solicited women and groped them, far as we know he didn't rape any. I don't approve of the groping and I don't approve of a man being aggressive to a woman who he has power over.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Well if you see behavior that is mimic by all humans all over the globe in many different cultures odds are it's in the DNA.

People in Zambia, people in Mexico, people in Canada, males pursue females.

Remember the #MeToo tag is about Harvey Weinstein. He solicited women and groped them, far as we know he didn't rape any. I don't approve of the groping and I don't approve of a man being aggressive to a woman who he has power over.
    I like how the very first people say that you think rape is ok.

Pointing out genetic patterns? Better respond with [Sexist/rapist/racist/fascist/etc].

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by suave View Post
    Lol DNA could "explain" a lot of unacceptable behavior ... but what the hell does that have to do with this MeToo hashtag? People feeling like they shouldn't or can't come forward and talk about an uncomfortable/traumatic experience isn't good for their own health, regardless of whether you think sexual harrasment/abuse is avoidable or justifiable. This movement is geared towards encouraging/positively reinforcing those people.
    The DNA explanation is because it explains the cause of MeToo. Men are sex-seeking animals. Rape is obviously wrong, but its fallout from our genetic past

if you are surprised that hollywood/entertainment industry is fucking sleazy as all hell then you have been very fucking naive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    No, it's wrong if a position of power is used as coercion. If a powerful director has the ability to hold your career and future over your head unless you choose to perform sexual acts upon him, it's little different than if a doctor said that he'd only save the life of someone's husband if she had sex with him. And I think most people can understand why that would be a horrifying thing to allow.

There is nothing wrong with a freely formed agreement for mutual gain, but once there are penalties attached to NOT doing it, it's abuse.
    i believe what they mean is that, of course the guy offering the path of, sex, to promote them is not good. BUT, if the other party agrees to the bad option then after claiming promotions and what not claims rape or assault is not completely clean either. The thing is, they are not completely wrong in calling the choosing party bad either, because try this scenario: Person A: "Hey if you do this thing, ill give u this other thing" Person B: "Sure looks illegal, but ok i guess" Person C: "Person B what you did was immoral and incorrect" Person B: "Well they MADE me do it!"

I think there are a lot of grey areas, in this problem, due to a fairly linear scenario stated above. Hopefully before the judgement storm hits people look into the details of what actually happened before forming opinions.

What a day it is, that the sexual assault guy who is totally incorrect, can have some way to also show that his/her victims are not totally clean either. Sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    I like how the very first people say that you think rape is ok.

Pointing out genetic patterns? Better respond with [Sexist/rapist/racist/fascist/etc].

- - - Updated - - -

The DNA explanation is because it explains the cause of MeToo. Men are sex-seeking animals. Rape is obviously wrong, but its fallout from our genetic past
    I see what u mean, but it adds a bit of a slippery slope. The phrase "men are sex seeking animals" adds something like a "but" to a statement. I dunno if you are a game of thrones fan or not, but there is a quote that is pretty accurate in there. "Father always said, whatever a man says before BUT, is bullshit". People who commit crimes like this shouldnt be allowed but statements. "he/she raped this person, but look this one day he gave to charity". Once accurately found guilty, in my opinion, it should be just a straightforward, "He/she raped this person, they are shit heads and corrosive to society, no it doesnt matter what ever they did. Only a certain kind of person rapes another person".

We are very quickly getting bogged down by half measures. Like those guys in london who gang raped that girl. They deserve only one path of punishment, nothing else no buts.

If you interpret sexual harassment in the most liberal sense then I'd be surprised if we weren't nearing 100% on the sexual abuse scale among both genders.