Got a very weird survey from my nintendo. Seemed like it really wanted answers suggesting arms sold switches to people who dont play videogames.

Battery life spans where a mistake! My poor GBA SP still holds plenty charge after 15 years, and apparently we're worried about easily replaceable controller batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I’ve gotten three XO controller bundles with the play and charge kit included for $50 each at different times. $20 cheaper than the Switch Pro controller and way better controllers in general. Plus I can use them for both my XO and PC.
    You can use a Switch Pro Controller far easier with your PC than you can a Xbone controller if you have Bluetooth.

Xbone doesn't use bluetooth, so it requires an extra $24 purchase to use it on the PC. Also, it doesn't have a cord to connect with to the PC.

PS4 meanwhile, can just plug right into the PC or connect via bluetooth.

Yet again, I really feel like you haven't done much research on this, considering your claims of the Switch controller being so bad have all been debunked except the subjective "I don't like it"

...was there really no sale section on Switch until now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Except said product also has a wired cord you can use to continue to use it past the battery life span.
    To be fair if you are talking about the PS4 controller you have to buy the cord. The one that comes with the system has a cord but each $60 one (Original black no clue about fancy colored ones) it does not come with a charger cord at all.

That shit annoyed the fuck out of me when I had to get a new controller.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...was there really no sale section on Switch until now?
    Correct...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Got a very weird survey from my nintendo. Seemed like it really wanted answers suggesting arms sold switches to people who dont play videogames.
    Ummmmm.......

That's odd even for Nintendo.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

fire emblem warriors tends to irritate the crap out of me.

The launch trailer for the switch version uses 3ds footage (like why) mixed with the switch footage AND the song is lost in thoughts all alone which is sung by... asura.... WHOS NOT IN THE GAME
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    To be fair if you are talking about the PS4 controller you have to buy the cord. The one that comes with the system has a cord but each $60 one (Original black no clue about fancy colored ones) it does not come with a charger cord at all.

That shit annoyed the fuck out of me when I had to get a new controller.
    Ummmmm.......

That's odd even for Nintendo.
    Didn't know that actually. I wouldn't hold it against them though, that USB cord is extremely common if you had any Android phones or just you know, general usage USB cords. Still sucks a bit, but I guess people would be swamped in USB cords otherwise.

And they're trying to find out who exactly is buying Arms clearly, because they're not sure why anyone is.

Didn't know that actually. I wouldn't hold it against them though, that USB cord is extremely common if you had any Android phones or just you know, general usage USB cords. Still sucks a bit, but I guess people would be swamped in USB cords otherwise.

And they're trying to find out who exactly is buying Arms clearly, because they're not sure why anyone is.
    The bolded made me laugh thanks.

I kinda do hold it against them because the controller is $60, It cost them like 5 cents to make a cord. That shit annoyed the hell out of me but like you said people likely have one.

I got a 15 foot one at wal-mart for like $7 on sell once. My original cord I got with my original ps4 is on its last leg (the part that goes in the controller is slowly falling apart).

Then again I learned the US is like the only country where if you got a handheld device like the 3DS you got a charger. Many others don't and you have to buy that extra.

(had to buy it extra here if u got a "New" 3DS XL).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can use a Switch Pro Controller far easier with your PC than you can a Xbone controller if you have Bluetooth.
    A lack of native Xinput is a knock against it that is worth mentioning, though.

That aside, I love the heck out of my pro controller. Feels better in my hands than the 360 controllers I'd grown accustomed to using for a decade.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201710/17143998.html

6 pages of Xenoblade 2 info in this week's issue of Famitsu releasing this Thursday.

The bolded made me laugh thanks.

I kinda do hold it against them because the controller is $60, It cost them like 5 cents to make a cord. That shit annoyed the hell out of me but like you said people likely have one.

I got a 15 foot one at wal-mart for like $7 on sell once. My original cord I got with my original ps4 is on its last leg (the part that goes in the controller is slowly falling apart).

Then again I learned the US is like the only country where if you got a handheld device like the 3DS you got a charger. Many others don't and you have to buy that extra.

(had to buy it extra here if u got a "New" 3DS XL).
    I need to start to add some edge to my posts in terms of Nintendo, otherwise apparently people think I'm just blindly defending everything

And yeah, I had the same issue with the New 3DS, I'm not quite sure where it came from but I happened to have an extra charger anyway when trading in my old 3DS, so that worked out. But it did suck to not pack the charger in with it, I still do not understand that decision, and I just remember their explanation being laughable. So instead, I'll just pretend they said "Please understand" in regards to that. Didn't they actually say though something about "People tend to already have chargers anyway"? I thought Reggie came out and said something close.

But fair, I just know I already have too many USB cords laying around from various sources, and it feels like a waste to throw them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    A lack of native Xinput is a knock against it that is worth mentioning, though.

That aside, I love the heck out of my pro controller. Feels better in my hands than the 360 controllers I'd grown accustomed to using for a decade.
    I'm not well versed on Xinput honestly and how much it affects inputs and usage and what not honestly. I'll outright admit that.

I just know I've only had one issue with my PS4 controller, and none with my steam one. Transistor wouldn't register the control stick of the PS4 for some reason, despite it working with every other game.

I need to start to add some edge to my posts in terms of Nintendo, otherwise apparently people think I'm just blindly defending everything
    Oh I didn't think you was defending anything, I was just adding my 2 cents

Oh I didn't think you was defending anything, I was just adding my 2 cents
    I know! Just my roundabout way of saying "you're welcome" I guess hah.

I was proud of my SD card comments, but those went without comments.

I know! Just my roundabout way of saying "you're welcome" I guess hah.

I was proud of my SD card comments, but those went without comments.
    LOL..

Nintendo Tax is needing to buy a SD card now with each game.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone think we will see any switch game announcement at Blizzcon? Diablo, hearthstone, and Overwatch would all be great for it. Maybe less so Overwatch, but I feel like the first 2 definitely should make the jump imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Anyone think we will see any switch game announcement at Blizzcon? Diablo, hearthstone, and Overwatch would all be great for it. Maybe less so Overwatch, but I feel like the first 2 definitely should make the jump imo.
    I don't see ether Hearthstone or Overwatch coming to The Switch but maybe Diablo. I doubt any come to the system tho but if one does its Diablo.

Diablo would be a good fit for the system.

7+ Year Old Account

I'm not well versed on Xinput honestly and how much it affects inputs and usage and what not honestly. I'll outright admit that.

I just know I've only had one issue with my PS4 controller, and none with my steam one. Transistor wouldn't register the control stick of the PS4 for some reason, despite it working with every other game.
    Without getting super technical, the Nintendo Pro controller uses DirectInput instead of Xinput. Xinput is the newer standard that is used by the 360 controller and pretty much every similar controller meant to be PC compatible since the Windows XP days, which means the Pro controller is less-than-ideal for modern PC games, as it either needs to have a workaround to enable Xinput or be used with games that offer legacy support.

Edit: All of that is to say that the Pro controller can still be used on PC, it's just not a simple plug 'n' play option for every game.
    Last edited by Sheevah; 2017-10-17 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    Without getting super technical, the Nintendo Pro controller uses DirectInput instead of Xinput. Xinput is the newer standard that is used by the 360 controller and pretty much every similar controller meant to be PC compatible since the Windows XP days, which means the Pro controller is less-than-ideal for modern PC games, as it either needs to have a workaround to enable Xinput or be used with games that offer legacy support.

Edit: All of that is to say that the Pro controller can still be used on PC, it's just not a simple plug 'n' play option for every game.
    I feel like you're stuck in last gen.

Most PC games now support both, because the DS4 has become a very dominant option for PC gaming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I feel like you're stuck in last gen.

Most PC games now support both, because the DS4 has become a very dominant option for PC gaming.
    It finally coming back around (which is a *very* good thing) has nothing to do with my knock against the pro controller for not natively supporting Xinput. There's still a pretty big time period where games have been released that require a workaround like XBOX360CE to be used with games.

It's not as if it's a deal breaker for most people, but it's certainly something to consider if someone is entertaining the idea of using Switch controllers on their PC. It's not as simple as just connecting it via Bluetooth and being good to go for whatever games you want.

Edit: Also... IIRC, you can't charge it via USB and use the controller on the PC at the same time, which is another minor gripe.

Edit 2: On something more related the actual Switch, instead of using peripherals on a platform they aren't intended for:

I really love that Amazon Prime gets a discount on pre-orders. I'm probably gonna binge out hardcore when my copy of Odyssey arrives.
    Last edited by Sheevah; 2017-10-17 at 09:23 PM.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/nint...medium=twitter

Report: Anonymous sources have come forward saying Nintendo of America is clamping down on review copies after the leaking of the 3DS Mario and Luigi remake a couple of weeks before launch.

This might be why we haven't gotten any reviews for Fire Emblem Warriors yet.