Poll: Thalyssra or Alleria - who do you want?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Thanks for explaining why half breeds in fantasy are awful.
    What? It's not like they don't give things up too. Half elves aren't immortal like Elves are.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    If she was truly loyal, she wouldn't need to sneak... with an old "friend" and "mentor"...
    That's because she's afraid of Xe'ra, who shoved her in a cell the last time she tried to void it up.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

7+ Year Old Account
    Too many dang Elves. Looking on it, there really aren't that many non-elf centric characters. Besides Moira, Jaina, and Tess. You know what? Screw it! I wanna see more of Malya and Baine in action together. They're my ship and I am going down with them!

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    What? It's not like they don't give things up too. Half elves aren't immortal like Elves are.
    actually... I don't think elves in WoW are immortal in the current lore. They WERE and tried to find ways to extend their lives... but only succeed in having stupid long life now and dealing with corruption.

After the old world tree was destroyed the elves lost their immortality. Teldrassil wasn't blessed so it doesn't work like Nordrassil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    actually... I don't think elves in WoW are immortal in the current lore. They WERE and tried to find ways to extend their lives... but only succeed in having stupid long life now and dealing with corruption.

After the old world tree was destroyed the elves lost their immortality. Teldrassil wasn't blessed so it doesn't work like Nordrassil.
    That was a general fantasy statement. Af far as WoW is concerned, the Night Elves are no longer immortal... But the Nightborne seem to be, and the Blood/High Elves may very well be again now that the Sunwell has been restored and then some.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Elves aren't immortal anyway.

Half-breeds tend to be super special snowflakes in the story who get the best of both worlds and/or they have a super angsty cringe worthy story of not being accepted.

Alleria is fine, but I'll go with Thalyssra. She's more likable and overall a better character.

Also - since Tyrande doesn't like Nightborne very much - Horde. Nightborne like Silgryn seem to favor blood elves more anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    I'm sorry but I went Alleria, simply because of the fact that I have no clue who Thalyssra might be.
    If you like story and lore (and AP - lots and lots of AP) do the Suramar campaign. It's worth it.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-10-18 at 05:38 AM.

Grand Magistrix Elisande - Alliance

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hands down Thalyssra and I'm alliance. Probably would reroll Horde if they will get the night born elves.
    Thalyssra is one hot spicy chick, Alleria is a generic Windrunner bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elves aren't immortal anyway.

Half-breeds tend to be super special snowflakes in the story who get the best of both worlds and/or they have a super angsty cringe worthy story of not being accepted.
    So you hate the realistic outcomes of a story that has a small basis of racism? That you are literally perpetuating with an abnormal amount of hatred? A half breed is either going to be seen as a symbol of hope between two peoples or an abomination that is hated by both. There is no real middle ground in that narrative, if you hate it then tough shit.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    So you hate the realistic outcomes of a story that has a small basis of racism? That you are literally perpetuating with an abnormal amount of hatred? A half breed is either going to be seen as a symbol of hope between two peoples or an abomination that is hated by both. There is no real middle ground in that narrative, if you hate it then tough shit.
    Realistic outcome would be most people not giving a shit about the special snowflake character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Realistic outcome would be most people not giving a shit about the special snowflake character.
    Which, guess what? Is what fucking happened to Arator until legion. No one gave a shit about him save for a few people who knew about his background. But SOME PEOPLE, need to fucking make a huge fuss because his daddy was 'one of dem filthy hummuns.

Fucking get over yourself, you dont like the human/elf narrative that only 3 people have, tough shit.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

7+ Year Old Account
    Thalyssra is 100 times more interesting than "female elven archer that fell in love with goody-2-shoe human knight with awesome goody-2-shoe powers"

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    I'm sorry but I went Alleria, simply because of the fact that I have no clue who Thalyssra might be.
    Thalyssra is literally the first and most important character you meet in suramar, how on earth can you miss someone like that?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The Horde needs Horde-styled additions, not more elves, otherwise they can just rename it to the Alliance of Kalimdor. If anymore elves go Alliance, the game won't be balanced.

That being said, the Alliance should only get more elves if the Horde gets something badass, but Hordish in return, something that won't catter to elven fans because the Horde got enough of those already.
    True, I'm with you on this, both nightborne and high elves should be alliance if they show up as full races, the only exception is if we get sub-races, in which case since every race is getting some it won't break the bank that the night elf sub-race (nightborne) is playable on the horde, and the blood elf sub-race (high elf) on the alliance. It doesn't mean the horde will get Thalyssra though or the alliance Alleria - especially if blizzard makes the Suramar nightborne mostly transition to night elves so the night elves keep their city and their arcane heirtage in one faction, and make group of exiles who were denied the arcan'dor the ones to join the horde and keep the pre-8.0 nightborne appearance.

Further, Alleria seems to be a new badass neutral character who is going to conitnue in the vein of Khadgar, Tuarlyon etc, former alliance heroes in the pre WC3 alliance/horde system, but now very much neutral and doing world class things. I don't relaly view Alleria as allaince, because the current alliance and the current horde are greatly different from when she was on Azeroth.. you cna't hate good orcs who have fought and killed the corrupted orcs you hated, and also who have fought since to defend your land.

I don't know how htey will play this, but my vote went Alleria, cos she's just bad ass, I really like Thalyssra, but i'm not quite as hot on night elves/nightborne - and i want Quel'thalas to be whole again. I don't care if high elves and blood elves remain two distinctive groups - whether just politcally affliated or actually get some slight physical differences - or if they all become blood elves or all become high elves. It would be cool to see them united again - even if you do get small groups like the Silver Covenant or the San'layn, or even some wretched sub-group opposed to them

Deleted
    sylvanas kappa

Deleted
    Tell this to the real world out there. People with mixed heritage constantly get special treatment, very often in a negative way. I know what I am talking about, I am a "half-breed" myself. You either mimic to be a member of one heritage, or suffer the consequences. With "normal" people, you will probably get around quite okay, but meet one racist, and your day is ruined. So, in this regard, fantasy literature is quite realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    True, I'm with you on this, both nightborne and high elves should be alliance if they show up as full races, the only exception is if we get sub-races, in which case since every race is getting some it won't break the bank that the night elf sub-race (nightborne) is playable on the horde, and the blood elf sub-race (high elf) on the alliance. It doesn't mean the horde will get Thalyssra though or the alliance Alleria - especially if blizzard makes the Suramar nightborne mostly transition to night elves so the night elves keep their city and their arcane heirtage in one faction, and make group of exiles who were denied the arcan'dor the ones to join the horde and keep the pre-8.0 nightborne appearance.

Further, Alleria seems to be a new badass neutral character who is going to conitnue in the vein of Khadgar, Tuarlyon etc, former alliance heroes in the pre WC3 alliance/horde system, but now very much neutral and doing world class things. I don't relaly view Alleria as allaince, because the current alliance and the current horde are greatly different from when she was on Azeroth.. you cna't hate good orcs who have fought and killed the corrupted orcs you hated, and also who have fought since to defend your land.

I don't know how htey will play this, but my vote went Alleria, cos she's just bad ass, I really like Thalyssra, but i'm not quite as hot on night elves/nightborne - and i want Quel'thalas to be whole again. I don't care if high elves and blood elves remain two distinctive groups - whether just politcally affliated or actually get some slight physical differences - or if they all become blood elves or all become high elves. It would be cool to see them united again - even if you do get small groups like the Silver Covenant or the San'layn, or even some wretched sub-group opposed to them
    The Nightborne do have more in common with the Blood Elves though.

Thalyssra is way better than some filthy human loving high elf whore.
    so between a xenophobe and a hero you pick the xenophobe. you must be a die hard hordie scum. always delighted to see what bs you guys spew
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

I appreciate this thread. Thalyssra never really gets talked about. Her character and voice actress are really good and really bring the Suramar storyline together. I feel like she is underrated. Maybe it's because Suramar is self-contained and she'll never be relevant again but for 7.0 to 7.1.5 she was great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am measuring it with my angle to legs metric and Alleria wins there, so Alleria.