Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    It's a completely different kind of game, just because you don't like it doesn't make it not a game Going by your experience you went into nono zones right at the beginning and tried the most boring this you can do (mine) and because you couldn't be the absolute best at it straight out the gate, you had a bad time. All good, keep playing WoW!
    I don't think you even read my post, but you are kind of right. I didn't give up because I couldn't be the best, I gave up because I didn't want to. The best way to play Eve is to not play at all and just scam people, and CCP supports this kind of toxic behavior.

Any game like this is going to end up with a shitty community (the post directly below my previous one mentions this, from a player who put years into the game), and even if you try and avoid them, theres nothing stopping them from coming into your quiet little alliance and fucking things up "for teh luls", because that's the kind of people that are attracted to this game. Usually a good community can make up for shitty game play, but Eve lacks that as well.

Deleted
    1) You don't mature out of a game. That is just an idea certain people like to think of when they want to feel superior to others.
    2) EVE is boring as fuck

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    How has this thread made it to six pages?

Anyway, no thanks. Eve is for people who want to bullshit while they're working.

Deleted
    The only way I've "matured" out of WoW, is I'm quickly running out of time to devote to it. I don't see EVE being something that requires less of a time devotion, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I don't think you even read my post, but you are kind of right. I didn't give up because I couldn't be the best, I gave up because I didn't want to. The best way to play Eve is to not play at all and just scam people, and CCP supports this kind of toxic behavior.

Any game like this is going to end up with a shitty community (the post directly below my previous one mentions this, from a player who put years into the game), and even if you try and avoid them, theres nothing stopping them from coming into your quiet little alliance and fucking things up "for teh luls", because that's the kind of people that are attracted to this game. Usually a good community can make up for shitty game play, but Eve lacks that as well.
    Actually I'd say the majority of the community are very good and friendly, it's the bad ones that make the headlines and stick out. My first time I was ganked, the dude realised I was a newbie and said it was a lesson. What an arsehole right? Except he gave me advice on how to avoid getting in the same situation again, guided me to a safe system, and then gave me money to replace my ship. A few hours later I was exploring anomolies and ran into a fellow explorer, and in a system she could of attacked me with no penalty, but instead she taught me tips and tricks and eventually invited me into her Alliance.

Oh and the scams in game? You have to be handicapped to fall for them, or not pay attention.

Deleted
    PvP with lightsabers? I hate PvP.

Do you have any decent RPG game that is NOT PVP and works on Mac? Nope. So nothing viable for me. WoW is still best game I can play.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Eve had the gameplay of Everspace or Elite: Dangerous. Maybe I'd have kept playing.

You aren't going to convert many here honestly, although the game and design philosophy seem fantastic. The hard truth is a large majority of the people on MMO-C are the people who whined Blizzard down from difficult yet personally rewarding content or anything that takes effort. You show them a spreadsheet and they're going to curl up into a ball and obsessively repeat "We want flying" over and over again.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I'd say the majority of the community are very good and friendly, it's the bad ones that make the headlines and stick out. My first time I was ganked, the dude realised I was a newbie and said it was a lesson. What an arsehole right? Except he gave me advice on how to avoid getting in the same situation again, guided me to a safe system, and then gave me money to replace my ship. A few hours later I was exploring anomolies and ran into a fellow explorer, and in a system she could of attacked me with no penalty, but instead she taught me tips and tricks and eventually invited me into her Alliance.

Oh and the scams in game? You have to be handicapped to fall for them, or not pay attention.
    Yes, they are obvious to veterans who know the trade system inside and out. Some new guy who is still overwhelmed by the games UI is not going to spot some or even most of these scams. Hell i played for almost five years and i was still impressed by the cleverness of some of them. In general though, yes anything taking place in local chat in one of the trade hubs, especially Jita, should be considered a scam.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, I'm sure the guy who scammed people out of trillions of ISK did it by making tiny amounts here and there from people who barely understand the game, and not by taking billions at a time from high end corporations. When the game developers support toxicity, those are the players that are going to heavily effect the game. If CCP didn't allow scamming, I would probably have kept playing. There's a reason Eve has always had a tiny player base, and a dwindling one at that according to their server info page. Going downhill since 2014, hopefully they keep a server running just to keep the player base away from the rest of us.

7+ Year Old Account
    I played EVE for 7 years, and at 2013 I switched to other more appealing micromanagement games.
    EVE is not for people that enjoy MMORPG games, you need to do micro and macro management, and that's controlling large amounts of information and applying it correctly. Many people dont want to do that, they want the correct answers given to them fast.
    EVE and WoW are completely different, except that its a constant world multiplayer experience. If EVE online wants new players, they need to make it appealing for them, which is something it's never done.

I think your posts are quite condescending, like that new guy who just open the door to something he's exited about, and desperately trying to get others to see it in the same way.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2017-10-18 at 01:51 PM.

Deleted
    The games cater to different audiences to an extent.
    Some, like myself, found things to love about both.

I like the relaxing atmosphere of WoW now that I have a family and work normal hours.
    EvE was immersive to the point of mental disorder, when I played (3 - 4 years) I was IN and it wasn't letting go.
    Unless I had 10 hours to play EvE per day, it wouldn't be satisfying to play like it used to be.

WoW is far easier to stay on top of with minimal effort, has many more strata of skill level that you can settle into... want raiding in mythic? fine go do it. Want to log in play AH and farm? Do that.
    EvE is all against all craziness and I loved that.
    Watching the (Thulsa Doom) BoB titan explode in FAT was an epic experience I doubt could ever be matched by downing WoW bosses and the experience of running a corp with their very survival and enjoyment in nullsec being on your shoulders is again very unique compared to the social responsibilities of GMs in WoW.

EvE has unrivalled depth... it's certainly not more 'mature' ... barrens/trade chat vs. local chat is an interesting comparison.

I think the closest comparison for the two games is one of longevity:

Both games are the quintessential example of their respective genre and as such.. noone can ever see them being replaced or superceeded because whatever comes after is never going to be loved in the same way regardless of whether it's superior in design or delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure the guy who scammed people out of trillions of ISK did it by making tiny amounts here and there from people who barely understand the game, and not by taking billions at a time from high end corporations. When the game developers support toxicity, those are the players that are going to heavily effect the game. If CCP didn't allow scamming, I would probably have kept playing. There's a reason Eve has always had a tiny player base, and a dwindling one at that according to their server info page. Going downhill since 2014, hopefully they keep a server running just to keep the player base away from the rest of us.
    By your logic WoW is dying too, player numbers have steadily been going down since what? WotLK? It's the nature of MMO's, they peak and then steadily decline. Scamming is absolutely 100% not anything to do with the reason of player count, but stagnation that all MMO's go through and gameplay decisions made by devs that players don't agree with. You seem to make a big point about scamming, but it's such a minor part of the game and 99% of it in ONE system. It's not toxic behaviour if the game is designed to support it. It might be something you personally don't like about, but you'd be the first I know who wouldn't play because you can without punishment. To each his own.

Tried it awhile back and and it became so tedious I could not do it anymore. And that is coming from someone who has played WoW for 11 years so I know repetitive and tedious. And by no means is it more mature both games have a healthy toxic player base in their chat and guild/corporations.
    Last edited by mhdoe; 2017-10-18 at 02:01 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, really mature title you have there

It kind of undermines your message.

Microsoft Excel: the game!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Yeah, really mature title you have there

It kind of undermines your message.
    oh i got a typo in there. i am sorry. unfortunately i cannot correct it. you and others still clicked though. the outrage about the word "mature" is really astounding. as if i hit a nerve here or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraal View Post
    Microsoft Excel: the game!
    I really don't get this meme. I have done both industry and became extraordinarily rich station trading without using a spreadsheet, but I guess you saw it posted by others who have never played the game so it must be true. Pretty sure it was a meme created by actual players because certain types of players loved their spreadsheets but you can do just about any activity, and do it well without ever using one.

Deleted
    I squeezed every singe drop of juice EVE had for me over the years.

Thx,no,thx.

I would rather wait for Star Citizen (alpha 3.0 I think) and dont get me wrong... I was a Settler of Ganareth. So anyone who can understand this will instantly know (based on the situation and date) than I dont get hype with anything that is not a release.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    oh i got a typo in there. i am sorry. unfortunately i cannot correct it. you and others still clicked though. the outrage about the word "mature" is really astounding. as if i hit a nerve here or something.
    Lol, it's not the typo. It's the not-so-subtle ad hominem in suggesting that WoW players are immature. Anyhow you didn't hit a nerve, you just made me chuckle at the irony.