Deleted

Running WoW or D3 on 1440p 144Hz

With a gtx 1060 and i5 6600k OCed to 4.2, would I lag?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheeya View Post
    With a gtx 1060 and i5 6600k OCed to 4.2, would I lag?
    I mean, you can turn down your settings.

If you want to know if you can max everything and get 144 fps with a 1060 then no, not even close.

You won't have trouble running either of those games at 1440p. You might not sustain 144fps (certainly not in WoW) but you should stay above 60fps in most cases in WoW and max D3 most of the time as long as you leave off SSAA.

As for lag, I can't speak for your internet connection (just to be a pedant.)
    Super casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play at 1440p on a 144hz gsync powered by a 1080 ti.

I usually leave wow on max settings and I almost never come close to 144fps. Sometimes out solo in the world I can, depending on camera angle and zone, but not in raids. It's such a poorly optimized engine and more cpu intensive than gpu. Throw all the money you want at a WoW rig and you won't hold that frame rate in a large scale raid/pvp situation on max settings. =\

But yeah a 1060 with that cpu should have be able to give you 60 or so most of the time. Don't count on 120+ especially in large group content on WoW.

Maybe one day Blizzard will surprise all of us by releasing a massive patch/overhall to the engine that makes better use of modern hardware.
    The whole engine is still more or less driven by a 2004 idea of a speedy single core.