Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    nope!
    /10char
    aw come on, you know '' We'll bang, okay?'' and you don't know who TJ Lazer is?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Early access is up on the 31st! Been forcing myself to stay away since the running silent update so I can play again after launch. Can't wait!

You're a gun slinging cybernetically enhanced one person army representing the human races interest as the latest addition to the ruling galactic government. On a routine training mission all hell breaks lose and you find yourself facing down a galaxy wide extinction event.

hint: We'll bang, okay?
    Mass Effect serie

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Tales of Berseria. Almost finished that game, probably my favourite Tales yet...

Adding one of my own:
    Your best friend is eaten by your ex-pet so you arrange a trip to Hell to pull her out. Worst Christmas ever?
    Correct! /10char

Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom,
    Boom, Boom, Boom,
    Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom,
    Boom, Boom, Boom
    ©Baldrick

And a perfect description of my attempts to get this game off the ground.

You wake up on an abandoned space ship, your memory has been wiped clean. You don't know who you are or how you got there, you look into a small lake located on the Holodeck of the ship (This turned out to be where you woke up ), after staring into the lake the character creator kicks in.

-First Person view
    -Open World game (But still located on a massive space station), that plays like the Farcry series.
    -figure out what happened to the ship, and yourself and how you arrived
    -Humans are a rare site and are often hiding
    -There are monsters/aliens on the ship everywhere, hunting humans
    -eventually you find out that you and everyone else woke up from cryo-stasis and everything that occured was in your head all along due to a form of psychosis that occurs when you wake up too quick from the sleeping pod.

Deleted
    You wake up on a cold stone table in a mortuary. You don't remember your name or your past, your body is heavily scarred and tattooed. The first sentient being you meet is a talking flying skull, who becomes your good friend.

You will find out you cannot die, and in fact, sometimes your death can provide solution to problems you encounter.

You will embark on a journey across planes and dimensions. You will meet fallen angels, riddle-loving hags, rat-girls with demon blood, or virtuous succubuss.

"What can change the nature of a man?"

Two games tie for my fav so.

Game One: Love the time mechanic and the masks. The world feels alive due to both systems.

Game Two: Enjoyed the story and the Materia system. The graphic's for its time was amazing imo.

(2nd game is easy to figure out)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Two games tie for my fav so.

Game One: Love the time mechanic and the masks. The world feels alive due to both systems.

Game Two: Enjoyed the story and the Materia system. The graphic's for its time was amazing imo.

(2nd game is easy to figure out)
    Majora's Mask and FF7?

My first time through Majora's Mask I found it okay, didn't love it as much as Ocarina of Time though... but then when I replayed MM a year or two later, I appreciated the time mechanic much more, as I had forgotten a number of things since there was another dimension to keep track of...

16 year old with techno-magic sword that lets him see the future journeys to wipe out a race of man-eating killer robots that razed his hometown and killed his girlfriend, and everyone is British

Also the world's setting is two dead giants so big the landmass they cover is the size of the Asian continent.

10+ Year Old Account
    How dare you do the stuff you do

""

*disconnects in middle of conversation *

10+ Year Old Account
    You have no memory of your past, you fight with martial arts and can use giant robots. The robots use martial arts too... and all of humanity on the planet were made as flesh parts for a super computer.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scientist unearths a robot and decides to reverse engineer it in order to produce others. The robots go haywire and so, as the original, you must do your duty as a father and murder all of your children... or at least eight of them per game.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerian Atreides View Post
    You wake up on a cold stone table in a mortuary. You don't remember your name or your past, your body is heavily scarred and tattooed. The first sentient being you meet is a talking flying skull, who becomes your good friend.
    Planescape Torment!

An adorable woodland spirit loses their parent figure and embarks upon a quest to save the forest from the vengeance of a spooky owl.

Deleted
    You travel the universe with an unenthusiastic Peter Dinklage, who later turns into some other guy, but he's cool too so we good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, one easy and one hard then.

First one goes like this - You will die, but rather than making you cry, it will teach you until you learn. It's a game that doesn't forgive, yet won't grant you a boon for doing it right. It's about constantly learning, getting better or be forever stuck in a circle of despair and shame.

The hard one is a little more like this - You will be shuned. You will be treated as though you are worthless. You will spend all your time trying to change people's mind about you, yet you will pretend not to care. You will fight for the people you love, yet you also know that you will inevitably lose them. You'll learn that peace if fragile and that conflict is abundant. Trust is hardly given and easily broken. Although you have skills to protect people, sometime you will have to use these against the very people you want to protect, for not everything is what it seems to be. Monster or not, sometime the lines are blurred.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Valerian Atreides View Post

You will find out you cannot die, and in fact, sometimes your death can provide solution to problems you encounter.

You will embark on a journey across planes and dimensions. You will meet fallen angels, riddle-loving hags, rat-girls with demon blood, or virtuous succubuss.

"What can change the nature of a man?"
    Hey, I did Planescape Torment upthread, you thief!

@ Xerra: Must be Xenogears. Only JRG I ever finished.

Norse Mythology, but in a future of cybernetics and heavy body modification.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Norse Mythology, but in a future of cybernetics and heavy body modification.
    Oh, oh! I know this one! It was that one guy's dream game that was crap and was one of the reasons the X-men Destiny Game was hot garbage!

(Not my favorite game ever, but a fun one for sure)

A sexually frustrated teenage boy needs to shoot teenage girls with his love until they're satisfied in order to survive, all because of a war between horny angels and demons.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Play as a resurrected pile of ashes and clash through hordes of nightmarish beings and ancient wyverns to collect souls and regain your humanity.