Exclamation Haste diminishing returns for Unholy?

So I really like haste for my Unholy. Right now I have 31% haste, 78% mastery, 18% crit and it just feels really good. My question is, at what point does haste start to DR if there a DR for it.

I'm sure you are already aware, but you will simply have to sim it to be sure. Strictly speaking of DA ST, you will see haste/mastery swap places when simming as you upgrade gear and accumulate more of both. For M+, mastery typically wins outright.

you should definitely swap pieces around for more mastery
    rank 1 dk
    find me on vindicatum.com

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FinestHour View Post
    you should definitely swap pieces around for more mastery
    Hi

Couldn't help noticing you are a WORLD RANK 1 UH DK.
    My mastery is 97.5 but haste is shit. 13%... my spells hit hard but down time is killing me. Sim all day says stick with master. Would you personally lower it a bit and go with rune regen and haste?? Heroic neck from host is 17xx mastery and when I put on a haste neck, I drop to 84 mastery.... that's quite a dip but haste goes up to 19.
    Any advice would be loved. Thanks in advance sir.

Percocetz on stormrage US

Deleted
    I'd be very interested in your views on this too

And probably other readers too.

Haste "cap" for DA is 25.14% haste. rest above that is just overkill.
    This amount will generate a certain amount of extra attacks from DA and having extra attacks from her can generate TONS of extra damage (the last hit deals way more damage then the first etc.)
    This is the only amount you should aim for. Rest should go into Mastery.
    The other two stats are just secondary to these. You will more or less automatically get enough crit by just off-gear.

so yea after hitting 25.14% haste value will drop alot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post
    This amount will generate a certain amount of extra attacks from DA and having extra attacks from her can generate TONS of extra damage (the last hit deals way more damage then the first etc.)
    The other two stats are just secondary to these. You will more or less automatically get enough crit by just off-gear.

Yup. Been playing with this for a few days now. Even 25.13 is only 12 attacks with perfect DC spam and no lust. 25.14 is 13 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    So I really like haste for my Unholy. Right now I have 31% haste, 78% mastery, 18% crit and it just feels really good. My question is, at what point does haste start to DR if there a DR for it.
    There is another attack point with haste being 32.70-33.97%, so technically if he gets a bit more he will hit a natural 14'th hit and get 18 hits during lust solidly. There is no, and never was, a haste "cap" for DA nor would you ever hit an amount of overkill unless you float between two points between attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Yup. Been playing with this for a few days now. Even 25.13 is only 12 attacks with perfect DC spam and no lust. 25.14 is 13 attacks.
    25.14% haste is the mark needed for 17 hits, with lust, on the 20.9s duration. 24.40% haste is the mark for 13 hits. She can however, derp around a bit no matter what you haste is, and not do an attack as such.