The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    IMO, the elite WQs (be it kill a rare or complete an objective in an elite area), professions WQs, puzzle WQs (like Kirin Tor, but need to be seen rarely) work well. The ones that are just refurbished quests, not so much. I think next expansion need to tone down WQs and bring back some MoP-style dailies in a hub you choose.
    Blizz took the lazy route with most WQs. I agree that the elite ones, profession ones, Kirin Tor ones all worked. Heck, some of the upscaled quests work, too.

But some WQs, and Highmountain was a MAJOR source of this flavor, were just time wasters with no real content to them.

Also the "Kill 20 Harpies" flavor that showed up in Highmountain and Val'sharah could have been cut in half and nothing would have been lost.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    IMO, the elite WQs (be it kill a rare or complete an objective in an elite area), professions WQs, puzzle WQs (like Kirin Tor, but need to be seen rarely) work well. The ones that are just refurbished quests, not so much. I think next expansion need to tone down WQs and bring back some MoP-style dailies in a hub you choose.
    But MoP style dailies are the same. They're all up(for each hub), with slight variances, same quest types, but you just have to pick them up first. I really don't want to go back to that. I did most/all daily content in MoP and Legion, and I'd take Legion over MoP dailies anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    11th expansion: World of Warcraft: Crisis of Infinite Azeroths
    new hero class: speedster, who all sacrifice themselves and are deleted for a couple expansions at the end, then come back 20 years later?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    You still have the Garrisons for WoD content....it's all useless but it's still there. I imagine that unless they push Artifacts and Class Halls forward that it'll be the same thing - just content you have available to you but you ignore it.
    Sure, existing classes will have them. If a new class is introduced, and it starts at 1 instead of being a Hero Class who starts at 110, they'll just get a Skip Weapon go through Legion 100-110 leveling content.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    What?

No.

Class halls mean no class will start at level 1 again. Too much effort to give them an artifact and order hall.
    You don't have to create a new class hall. After Legion, replace Artifact quests with some random turn-in shit that rewards green/blue weapons and call it a day. Problem solved.

A potential new class starting at lower levels won't lose much without a Class Hall. No need to overthink it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    You don't have to create a new class hall. After Legion, replace Artifact quests with some random turn-in shit that rewards green/blue weapons and call it a day. Problem solved.

A potential new class starting at lower levels won't lose much without a Class Hall. No need to overthink it.
    Lest I'm mistaken don't they lose Pathfinder?

Obviously Blizz could just make Pathfinder baseline in 9.0. But the fact WoD Pathfinder is still an achievement is pretty telling.

This. Replace AP rewards with weapons/gear, new class meets in Dalaran/some minor location, easy peasy. They didn't go back and add tier for classes, they don't need to do the same in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously Blizz could just make Pathfinder baseline in 9.0. But the fact WoD Pathfinder is still an achievement is pretty telling.
    Remove whatever is tied to the Artifact from Pathfinder achiev, done.

Remove that particular requirement from the meta achievement. Solved.

Or roll a character that has an Order Hall.

10+ Year Old Account
    How come this thread is moving so hecking fast the last couple of days?

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Beta update happend, sparked some interest and i'm guessing the look at the Wound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta servers were dusted off, confirming 8.0 exists and this isn't some WoW 2 shenanigans.

And then things just kinda snowballed. Something about Ka'resh which Marle debunked, then ROTL started going around for no reason, then we took another look at the armor and realized we may have underestimated how important Kul'tiras is to the expansion, then I may have accidentally found the WC2 Kul'tiras map on the armor's texture...

Been a whirlwind 24 hours.

8.0 beta push, 7.3.2 on downloader, videos of the wound, talking about South Sea locations, Kul'tiras shenanigans etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Remove that particular requirement from the meta achievement. Solved.

Or roll a character that has an Order Hall.
    About your signature for Pandaren, thought popped up on this.

Possible during the Zandalari war with Pandaren, a faction of Pandaren went to Zandalar/taken prisoner there. By now, could have some slight differences/developed different culture(like Broken)/markings(like Wildhammer).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    But Garrisons, Artifacts and Order Halls got the cut, although heavily centered features.
    Not cut, but reused it or improvet.. by adapting it to the new expansion.

Garrison wasnt "cut" from WoD to Legion, but changed: the core idea was mutated into Order Halls, while "buildings" idea from WoD zones, was moved in Broken shore.

Eventually, if we got some sort of "south sea" expansion or a patch content even the shipyard "idea" from WoD could be re-used in someway... and so for the Artifact Power, we probably will have another source to farm to improve our characters: titan blood, Light or void energy for a new Crucible system? Who know, but for sure we see again M+, WQ and scaling zones.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Beta servers were dusted off, confirming 8.0 exists and this isn't some WoW 2 shenanigans.

And then things just kinda snowballed. Something about Ka'resh which Marle debunked, then ROTL started going around for no reason, then we took another look at the armor and realized we may have underestimated how important Kul'tiras is to the expansion, then I may have accidentally found the WC2 Kul'tiras map on the armor's texture...

Been a whirlwind 24 hours.
    God don't use WOW 2, That shit is never happening. or shouldn't even be an IDEA. Expansions are FAR better then a whole new MMO engine on the same setting.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    8.0 beta push, 7.3.2 on downloader, videos of the wound, talking about South Sea locations, Kul'tiras shenanigans etc.

- - - Updated - - -

About your signature for Pandaren, thought popped up on this.

Possible during the Zandalari war with Pandaren, a faction of Pandaren went to Zandalar/taken prisoner there. By now, could have some slight differences/developed different culture(like Broken)/markings(like Wildhammer).
    Polarbaren subrace.
    Grizzlybaren subrace.
    And a peculiar, largely hairless subrace that mostly just looks like a fat human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Not cut, but reused it or improvet.. by adapting it to the new expansion.

Garrison wasnt "cut" from WoD to Legion, but changed: the core idea was mutated into Order Halls, while "buildings" idea from WoD zones, was moved in Broken shore.

Eventually, if we got some sort of "south sea" expansion or a patch content even the shipyard "idea" from WoD could be re-used in someway... and so for the Artifact Power, we probably will have another source to farm to improve our characters: titan blood, Light or void energy for a new Crucible system? Who know, but for sure we see again M+, WQ and scaling zones.
    If they don't give us player boats, I guarantee they give us another shipyard.

Hopefully with greater depth and less obvious resource sinking than the Shipyard had.

Imagine if you, instead of building ships and getting a pre-determined equipment and crew you instead got ships as the plot progressed and you choose the exact crew members and equipment.

Honestly I just hope Blizz gets rid of the "Knights of the Round Table" element from Order Halls. I liked recruiting a rag tag group of 20 nobodies that fit my desired aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    But MoP style dailies are the same. They're all up(for each hub), with slight variances, same quest types, but you just have to pick them up first. I really don't want to go back to that. I did most/all daily content in MoP and Legion, and I'd take Legion over MoP dailies anyday.
    I should've specified better.

I meant 5.1 dailies, in which you raise a rep and unlock story, then by the Exalted you get a final chapter and can put an end that grind.
    Also, unlike WQs, which are all over the map, you would choose a hub (and only one per day), and all quests are fairly close to each other, and many can be completed together. Less travel time all over the zone just to complete 4 scattered WQs. Plus, at some point you fulfill that rep and can just ignore those same old quests from a particular hub from then on.

Blizz took the lazy route with most WQs. I agree that the elite ones, profession ones, Kirin Tor ones all worked. Heck, some of the upscaled quests work, too.

But some WQs, and Highmountain was a MAJOR source of this flavor, were just time wasters with no real content to them.

Also the "Kill 20 Harpies" flavor that showed up in Highmountain and Val'sharah could have been cut in half and nothing would have been lost.
    I agree.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-10-19 at 08:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    Debunked a while ago by Shaggy Bird. There was no data pushed live in the beta update.

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    The fake login screen of this year