Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Very well made! Some of the things strike me as OP, but that's just PTR balancing. I'd totally roll one.

Really like the thought you put into this. Especially using the gun with the necromancer for a spec, spreading out its usefulness. I like the idea of a death caster spreading bullets like a gunslinger.

...I actually want that for my mage now. QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Fight4Fun View Post
    god tier concept
    Quote Originally Posted by Steth View Post
    This is so far my favorite necromancer concept I've seen so far. Especially as a mail class. I also love the concept of a dark healer. Considering that they seem to be uncommon, and to be honest I personally haven't seen a dark healer in action in games yet, which is why I am quite drawn to it.

Good job. Being a fan of anything undead-themed, I'll gladly love to see a Necromancer, and I am pretty impressed with this twist on them. I can imagine coming back to Northrend or a scourge themed expansion, and a new generation of necromancers being introduced like this.

Doubt we'll see Necromancers being anything other than cloth if they ever get introduced as a class in WoW, but this is still my favorite necromancer concept by far.
    Quote Originally Posted by ex0LL View Post
    I want to truly compliment with you for the hard work you put in this class concept.
    It's an amazing job, Blizzard should at least read such playerbase's ideas imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveh View Post
    11/10 would play.
    Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    god damn this looks like it was a lot of work.

the 'dread' and 'faithless' classes sound super fun and cool. Just the words 'blood infusion' 'lingering spirit' and 'antidote' is something i wanna see in a dark healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    holy shit man this is amazing. id main this in a heartbeat. i loved mecros in DAoC and this feels like a next level version of them. id do this again in an instant.
    Thanks for all the compliments!

I'm currently working on talents. I was able to fly through Faithless's talents (probably because I main a healer in game). Dread is almost finished, but I haven't started Undeath's yet, but it's probably the one I'm most looking forward to.

7+ Year Old Account
    I approve this Message! Amazing work my friend, lets hope blizzard make this come true.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

It's really cool, I almost believe it's true

5+ Year Old Account
    It's one of the better suggestions on how to make Necromancers work in WoW.

One thing I'd love to see? A DoT that eats big chunks of health a bit more slowly than most DoT effects (Same damage in the same time period, but presented as being bigger individual hits).

Deleted
    Very cool concept

BUT

Mail on Necro would just be waaaaay too out of the way... By just immagineing Necros would be able to mog some of the hunter/ shaman set lookalikes seems to be completly wrong to me

And you have way way too many spells for each spec
    Last edited by mmoc098c331c43; 2017-10-20 at 03:14 PM.

I like the concept, thou i would honesly have one of the speccs to be a tank specc, like a ranged tank or something, not sure how that would be implemented thou. the undear necro sounds alot like the demo warlock, i dont mind that, if it only could summons sceletons, i still feel like the dps specc needs a constant minion thou. but yeah change one of the speccs to a range tank specc and let the undead necro specc have a sceleton minion where u can put it as a tank,dps or a healer for ur self when ur out in the world

Deleted
    I'd play it.

Update: I went ahead and did some MAJOR editing for each spec. Unnecessary bloat within the general spells and specialization spells have been removed. The Undeath spec has been slightly redesigned. It still plays the same, but the whole concept of destroyed forms and mortal health is gone. I found that way too complicated. I also committed Dread to a full on gun spec instead of the idea of having your main weapon hidden and only a visual gun.

How did I miss this thread?

Nice work. I really like what you came up with and would play this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the plague gun and witch/plague doctor feel. Definitely something this game has been missing. They removed that from troll priests and shamans.

Definitely more unique and fleshed-out than the redundant Necro concepts I've seen as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Update: I went ahead and did some MAJOR editing for each spec. Unnecessary bloat within the general spells and specialization spells have been removed. The Undeath spec has been slightly redesigned. It still plays the same, but the whole concept of destroyed forms and mortal health is gone. I found that way too complicated. I also committed Dread to a full on gun spec instead of the idea of having your main weapon hidden and only a visual gun.

Very interesting concept.

A couple of things though, to point out for the Faithless spec.

1) Too many spells according to Blizzard's current design, and too many aoe-spells.

2) Need some clarification on Innoculation. . .are these attacks against the players or is it a type of leech?

3) Antidote - you can't dispel all of those debuffs on one ability. Current formula is magic + 1-2 others. Blizzard very deliberately designed it so that no healer can currently dispel everything at once for balance reasons.

4) Embalming fluids would have to be on a 3 min cd timer, with probably a 4-5 second duration. . . and a cap of probably 200% of the target's current health in damage healed.

5) It may not seem like it, but Parasitic Phantom is god-like overpowered, even at very low amounts of health returned, and it goes against healer design balance. (Instant cast every 10 seconds that heals everyone in the raid? OMG, sign me up!) From the way that it is set up, you can cast another one immediately after one detonates, so effectively, a heal that hits everyone in the raid every 10 seconds. Not only that, but it's an instant cast, so you can immediately go back to healing after you click it, thus increasing the healer's effective HPS by a significant margin.

I'm trying to think of a way to salvage the spell, and I'm not sure I can in a way you would like. The one way I can think of it is capping the targets at 3-5, and making it more of a smart heal. But Blizzard won't go for that either because you don't select any of the intended heal recipients, and Blizz hates smart heals. The best way might be making one of your other abilities "mark targets", and having Parasitic Phantom only heal those "marked" targets. For heals, just keep in mind that Blizzard wants player decision-making to come into play.

I really do like the ideas you present (which is the only reason I posted anything at all). I had my own ideas for a necro healing spec but they were a bit different -- I had pictured a necro with a pair of bone hounds (two different types, pick any combination of the two), and some spells were directly cast on players, and others were cast on the bone hounds, which affected players. But this is another really cool way of envisioning a necro healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Very cool concept

BUT

Mail on Necro would just be waaaaay too out of the way... By just immagineing Necros would be able to mog some of the hunter/ shaman set lookalikes seems to be completly wrong to me

And you have way way too many spells for each spec
    Lore wise, I think the idea becomes more palpable when you consider Ner'zhul was a shaman who dabbled in necromantic magic. And in a literal sense, as I explained in the one part under "additional notes" - it makes sense when you remember that mail is supposed to be joined bits of metal/bone. Necromancer tier sets would make heavy use of bones, metal, and chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Elena81 View Post
    I like the concept, thou i would honesly have one of the speccs to be a tank specc, like a ranged tank or something, not sure how that would be implemented thou. the undear necro sounds alot like the demo warlock, i dont mind that, if it only could summons sceletons, i still feel like the dps specc needs a constant minion thou. but yeah change one of the speccs to a range tank specc and let the undead necro specc have a sceleton minion where u can put it as a tank,dps or a healer for ur self when ur out in the world
    Each of the three specs does have constant minions with the Skeletal Army. Within that army you have a Skeletal Warrior who could perhaps have taunt/tank like abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelwing View Post
    How did I miss this thread?

Nice work. I really like what you came up with and would play this.
    I don't know, it's been around since September. Thank you though!

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I love the plague gun and witch/plague doctor feel. Definitely something this game has been missing. They removed that from troll priests and shamans.

Definitely more unique and fleshed-out than the redundant Necro concepts I've seen as of late.
    Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Very interesting concept.
    I implemented some of your balance suggestions for Faithless, thank you!

A couple of things though, to point out for the Faithless spec.

1) Too many spells according to Blizzard's current design, and too many aoe-spells.
    The spec definitely has a strong healing cleave niche for which I aimed for..As for too many spells (you should had seen how many they had before, especially Undeath!) but compared to my Resto sham and excluding talents, Resto has 24 active spells vs Faith's 27. I doubt 3 extra abilities is a big deal and I'm not aware how many abilities every class has. There may be some with even more than 27.

2) Need some clarification on Innoculation. . .are these attacks against the players or is it a type of leech?
    These are attacks directed against the players. I tried clarifying that by adding "the next 3 harmful attacks directed at the ally" to the spell description.
    3) Antidote - you can't dispel all of those debuffs on one ability. Current formula is magic + 1-2 others. Blizzard very deliberately designed it so that no healer can currently dispel everything at once for balance reasons.
    Well then they forgot to give Paladins that memo since they can remove Disease, Magic, and Poison with their Cleanse spell. With that said, being able to remove all four with Antidote was intended.

4) Embalming fluids would have to be on a 3 min cd timer, with probably a 4-5 second duration. . . and a cap of probably 200% of the target's current health in damage healed.

5) It may not seem like it, but Parasitic Phantom is god-like overpowered, even at very low amounts of health returned, and it goes against healer design balance. (Instant cast every 10 seconds that heals everyone in the raid? OMG, sign me up!) From the way that it is set up, you can cast another one immediately after one detonates, so effectively, a heal that hits everyone in the raid every 10 seconds. Not only that, but it's an instant cast, so you can immediately go back to healing after you click it, thus increasing the healer's effective HPS by a significant margin.

Fixed. Thank you!

I really do like the ideas you present (which is the only reason I posted anything at all). I had my own ideas for a necro healing spec but they were a bit different -- I had pictured a necro with a pair of bone hounds (two different types, pick any combination of the two), and some spells were directly cast on players, and others were cast on the bone hounds, which affected players. But this is another really cool way of envisioning a necro healer.
    Yeah, I definitely wanted Faithless do have access to undead hounds somewhere and decided the talents was the best place. Thank you again for all your input!
    Last edited by Amunrasonther; 2017-11-27 at 03:53 AM.

Really good concept, I agree with some people though it is too much like DK in a lot of ways. All the plague abilities should probably be made into poisons which would solve that thematic issue, and yes I know rogues have poisons but theirs are all applied via their melee weapons. It has a lot of potential though!
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

The whole concept around faithless and the class in general look pretty nice! Thumbs up for the work and i would probably play it if it were to make it on live server!

I really like this concept, and would play this class right now!

Dread could also sprout (with magic) various types of fungi that detonate and release plague spores. It would be an AoE attack.

There could be spores that slow enemies in the vicinity, spores that deal DoTs, etc.

If you look at Eastern Plaguelands, or some of the bosses and areas in Naxxramas, you'll notice a significant deadly fungi/spore theme in the Scourge.

7+ Year Old Account
    Truly a well-thought out class description. Superb work, my friend.

Necromancers should also be able to equip polearms since, to my knowledge, almost all scythes in-game are polearms, and scythes are a really big part of the whole grim reaper/death fantasy and theme.

I also noticed that dread can't turn into a lich. One possible alternative is that instead of being a lich, they can consume a chemical concoction that turns them into a monstrosity of sorts. Think Professor Putricide from ICC. This would be a big cooldown and provide some sort of buff.