Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    That's just sad news

Also yes, switch is considered mobile but also has only one screen if in mobile mode. So either they change the UI totally or am not sure how it would be playable in that mobile mode. Also my N3DS is crying in the corner right now...
    Pokémon games worked just fine with only one screen for 3 and half (Battle Revolution) generations. Having only one screen is not a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Lol:
    I like that hair.

I hope they'll expand the character customization more in Gen 8. I want different body types.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Pokémon games worked just fine with only one screen for 3 and half (Battle Revolution) generations. Having only one screen is not a problem.
    Yeah I know. However the 2-display configuration was a good addition if you ask me and wouldn't want to get back, same as I wouldn't want the pixel graphic back either. Not saying it won't work, just that it doesn't make me happy about it.

It is barely larger than 3DS, smaller than most tablets and just bit longer and thicker than phones. How is it not portable?

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/CRMpEsi.jpg[/IM]
    Let's see. You need three different things just to play it, the tablet and the joy cons, and if you are actually away for far longer than a few hours you need to be able to recharge all three of them, which means bringing along even more objects to continuously play it. You basically need to bring another bag just to keep playing it.

Then you have the DS which you only need a cord and itself, that's what I'm getting at. Things you can stuff into any other piece of baggage without needing to haul an entire system to use.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Let's see. You need three different things just to play it, the tablet and the joy cons, and if you are actually away for far longer than a few hours you need to be able to recharge all three of them, which means bringing along even more objects to continuously play it. You basically need to bring another bag just to keep playing it.

Then you have the DS which you only need a cord and itself, that's what I'm getting at. Things you can stuff into any other piece of baggage without needing to haul an entire system to use.
    You might not have noticed, but you can attach the JoyCons into the tablet, turning it into one piece of kit. And people like to shit on Switch battery, when in reality it's not even that much worse than the 3DS. With either condole you need to take charger with you.

I like that hair.

I hope they'll expand the character customization more in Gen 8. I want different body types.
    are girls gonna get all the good hair styles again for gen 7 too?

Gen 6 male hairstyles were terrible and so was s/m while the girls got the fun creative ones that look good.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Who started playing Pokemon on his GameBoy Color in 2000' ?

Man, I was just thinking the gen 7 hairstyles for girls were really bad, though, Zito.
    I'm not impressed, like, at all, with the new one shown off. I think it looks horrible, personally. :x
    I never checked out the gen 6 hairstyles for dudes, but the girl hairstyles were mostly good.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

I'm just over here hoping they add long sleeves and jeans back. Don't care if my character is in the tropics, I'm a sweater wearing kind of guy.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

The news about USUM being the last games on the 3DS, saddened me.

There will be so many people leaving the Pokemon franchise, possibly including me, simply because they cannot afford to pay 300$/E, just to be able to again pay 50$ for the pokemon game. It's just too much money to pay for me, and I don't see how it's a good marketing move in general.

And I want a game like this. It absolutely sucks that they just won't do it on Windows or something. The whole portable theme they pretend are going for all these years, is hugely out of date and place. You just don't bring your console out with you anymore, it's not happening.

On the other hand, if they manage to eliminate hacking, because they will be moving to the Switch, and get rid of manual pokemon generation and the manipulation of save files via 3rd parties, I will do everything to get one and keep playing the franchise I love for 20 years now.
    Last edited by Well; 2017-10-22 at 08:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A new part of Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon has been revealed through an interview held by Eurogamer Portugal. Within this, it revealed that the points you earn from Mantine Surf can then be used to get items, and most notably have Move Tutors teach your Pokémon moves that they couldn't learn in Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon. This follows on from previous instances of Move Tutors being added in enhanced versions, sequels and remakes. At present it isn't clear if the points are also obtained through other methods or if the points are Battle Points.

So the surf minigame is not totaly usless
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post

There will be so many people leaving the Pokemon franchise, possibly including me, simply because they cannot afford to pay 300$/E, just to be able to again pay 50$ for the pokemon game. It's just too much money to pay for me, and I don't see how it's a good marketing move in general.

And I want a game like this. It absolutely sucks that they just won't do it on Windows or something. The whole portable theme they pretend are going for all these years, is hugely out of date and place. You just don't bring your console out with you anymore, it's not happening.

On the other hand, if they manage to eliminate hacking, because they will be moving to the Switch, and get rid of manual pokemon generation and the manipulation of save files via 3rd parties, I will do everything to get one and keep playing the franchise I love for 20 years now.
    Give it time, I wouldn't be surprised if the Switch received a price cut at some point next year and I don't believe that we will actually see Stars (or whatever its name is gonna be) be released before 2019. They may be aiming for 2018 but with the new system and gamefreak not really being the best devs on a technical level I don't quite see it happening.

Also in regards to eliminating hacking: not gonna happen. I don't see how you could do anything with the data to prevent hacked mons from being used online other than encrypting the shit out of it. However all that's gonna do is increase the time it takes for a new save editing tool to show up since no encryption is unbeatable, just a matter of time and resources. The only method I can think of to prevent this kind of cheating is to go with "always online". And that ain't happening until we move away from mobile consoles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    A new part of Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon has been revealed through an interview held by Eurogamer Portugal. Within this, it revealed that the points you earn from Mantine Surf can then be used to get items, and most notably have Move Tutors teach your Pokémon moves that they couldn't learn in Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon. This follows on from previous instances of Move Tutors being added in enhanced versions, sequels and remakes. At present it isn't clear if the points are also obtained through other methods or if the points are Battle Points.

So the surf minigame is not totaly usless
    Depending on where the beach is (it's next to a hotel that is either the one on 1st Island or the one on the second island, according to the trailer IIRC), we could get move tutors really early on!

Thank gosh we don't have to rack up BP to spend on moves for story purposes :3
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

I wonder if they will fix battle royal to not be shit

But if they did I feel like they would have advertised it by now
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some details from an interview with GF in Frankfurt (nom nom :3):

*In addition to the Ultra Wormhole travel..*
    Kazumasa Iwao: "Still with regard to the post game content, there is much more content after the main story ends. For example, Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon have 100 small events you can find navigating the map. There is really plenty of content in these versions for the players to enjoy."

*Regarding Necrozma as an evil being..*
    Kazumasa Iwao: "It's a great question! Until now, in the Pokémon series, as you said, we never depicted any Pokémon as being necessarily evil. In Necrozma's case, depending on your perspective, you may think it's evil, but in other point of view it may be not. In fact, there is a natural conflict with the characters that appear in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon."

(left purposefully ambiguous, but hinting at something is going on)

*Regarding Necrozma being the missing link between UBs and regular Pokemon..*
    Kazumasa Iwao: "We didn't give that particular role to Necrozma, but regarding the Ultra Beasts, you'll be able to visit their world. By doing that you'll learn more about them, where they live and why they exist. You'll also find out what type of relationship Ultra Beasts have with people as you progress with the story.

In one of the most recent videos we announced UB Adhesive, which comes accompanied by the Ultra Recon Squad. This Ultra Beast has a different relationship with people and you'll find out more about that on Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon's story."

*Regarding Mega Evolution and Z-Moves*
    Shigeru Ohmori: "In fact, in X & Y we created Mega Evolutions for several Pokémon, but when we were designing Pokémon Sun & Moon, it was the 20th anniversary of the series and we wanted to make something new and surprising for players. We also wanted it to be something any Pokémon could take part of. As you know, Mega Evolutions are restricted to certain Pokémon.

Eventually we came up with Z-Moves and any Pokémon can use then, leading to different strategies that vary from player to player. In the Pokémon World Championships there are players who resort to Z-Moves to complement their strategies. From our point of view, as producers, that's precisely what we were looking for, to change the battle environment and have people come up with new and unique strategies."

So, now that we have Z-Moves which all Pokemon use, there is a possibility that we will get new Mega Evolution in future versions.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2017-10-22 at 11:48 AM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Or just get on with the times? It was already long due they ditched 3DS, the system is old and underpowered.

Technology advances. No one is trying to play new games on their PS2 or WinXP PC from 2007 either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Give it time, I wouldn't be surprised if the Switch received a price cut at some point next year and I don't believe that we will actually see Stars (or whatever its name is gonna be) be released before 2019. They may be aiming for 2018 but with the new system and gamefreak not really being the best devs on a technical level I don't quite see it happening.

Also in regards to eliminating hacking: not gonna happen. I don't see how you could do anything with the data to prevent hacked mons from being used online other than encrypting the shit out of it. However all that's gonna do is increase the time it takes for a new save editing tool to show up since no encryption is unbeatable, just a matter of time and resources. The only method I can think of to prevent this kind of cheating is to go with "always online". And that ain't happening until we move away from mobile consoles.
    Yeah, I don't think that hacking can be eliminated either, unless they go full online, which is not happening for many valid reasons.

It would still be ok though if it wasn't so easily accessible. I haven't ever hacked, but I have been told, that it was piss easy to hack back in 5th gen, was made harder in 6th gen and in 7th gen you actually need other devices in addition to your 3DS to do it.

If the Switch is hard enough to generate pokemon on, that the masses are not able to hack, for the trading pokemon community to liven up again, I will be all over the Switch. Just make it so it costs a lot to be able to hack (like buying the new devices) and also make it hard on top of that, limiting the population that are willing to hack to just the poketubers that will always do it, simply for entertainment purposes.

7th gen you actually need other devices in addition to your 3DS to do it.
    HAH!

That might have been the situation on XY release when the 3DS wasn't cracked open. But right now I can edit saves and Pokémon directly on the 3DS for any 3DS Pokémon game.

HAH!

That might have been the situation on XY release when the 3DS wasn't cracked open. But right now I can edit saves and Pokémon directly on the 3DS for any 3DS Pokémon game.
    Oh, wow. You do need to have a device to make that so, though, right?