Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Halo 2 splitscreen LANs on original XBox were The Shit back in the day, but it's hard to find any interest in the series anymore since it won't ever come to any platforms I own (PC).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well, it sure seemed like you did disagree with me, and Halo was "hardly known"? I don't think you lived back then if that's what you think.
    Oh, I lived back then. And in 2001 it wasn't really announced much of, other than the few magazines and talks about it, died down after initial release in the US. Fired up in March 14 2002 again with the release (which at that point, Xbox was at a bullshit price) and was shortly after announced for PC, July month, if I recall.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I cared when Halo was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpXVArrf-W0

But when the concept changed during development and it turned into a standard shooter (which was admittedly great compared to other console shooters at the time!) it was hard to stay interested, since I didn't own an Xbox.

no longer at this point

Not played Halo since the 3rd one, so no.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped caring about Halo after Reach. Halo Reach was probably the most fun I had in any Halo game. Great story and great multiplayer (mostly played those survival modes and co-op story). After 343 took over it started getting stale in my opinion. I played 4, it was fun, but nothing like Reach. Haven't played 5 yet which I will eventually but i'm in no rush.

Are they making a 6th Halo? I don't even remember which Halo we're on anymore. If they are making of if it's already out I'll eventually get around to playing that Halo 6 too but it's not going to be at the top of my priority list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played the hell out of Halo 2. When Team Sniper became officially ranked, instead of the hidden rank they used for MM purposes, I achieved the "Halo" rank. Kinda sad that was probably the pinnacle of my gaming career... mmm... member berries...

Haven't played a Halo game since 2 though as the original Xbox was the last console I owned.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

I actually liked Halo 4. I bought an Xbone one just play Halo 5, went to Walmart at midnight on launch day.

Boy was i fucking dissapointed. I never cared about the multi player, after my fair share of competitive Unreal Tournament and Q3A on PC backin the days, using a gamepad for a fps seemed retarded. But i dealt with it because I got sucked into the story since Halo 1 and Halo 4 story wasn't that bad as some might say.

But fuck the story in 5 sucked. Forced to play some most of the game as some random Spartans that i didn't give 2 shits about. Fuck that game, what a letdown the story ways.

I'll prolly check Halo 6 out and hopefully it comes down to a decent conclusion for Master Chief, but i will read reviews first. If there is any hint of that shitty Osiris team in the story at all, i ain't buying it.
    Last edited by dvaz; 2017-10-20 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Stopped caring when they went to Console only..

Ehh.. halo was always a console series.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Halo ended with halo 3 when Bungie wanted it to end. Every thing that has come after not made by Bungie has been garbage and has done nothing but hurt the legacy of halo.
    Halo 3 had a shit ending. Glad someone continued it. Halo 5 though, was absolute garbage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Ehh.. halo was always a console series.
    Not only, as some said, it started as console only and then announced for PC, at H2, it was console exclusive without re-entering to the PC market.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not only, as some said, it started as console only and then announced for PC, at H2, it was console exclusive without re-entering to the PC market.
    It actually started out as a PC title, but then Microsoft made the decision to make it Xbox exclusive to promote sales for their new console. Around that time they made many changes to the concept as well, it was originally pitched as an open world style of game where you could travel anywhere you wanted on the Halo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    It actually started out as a PC title, but then Microsoft made the decision to make it Xbox exclusive to promote sales for their new console. Around that time they made many changes to the concept as well, it was originally pitched as an open world style of game where you could travel anywhere you wanted on the Halo.
    Well, Bungie actually wanted to make it an RTS for the Mac, I do believe. Microsoft bought the game (well, they bought Bungie, but they really wanted Halo) to make it the system seller for Xbox.

As much as people praise and love Bungie, it's Microsoft who saved Halo from becoming something completely forgettable.

Well, Bungie actually wanted to make it an RTS for the Mac, I do believe. Microsoft bought the game (well, they bought Bungie, but they really wanted Halo) to make it the system seller for Xbox.

As much as people praise and love Bungie, it's Microsoft who saved Halo from becoming something completely forgettable.
    Guess it has gone full circle now that Microsoft has turned it into something forgettable

Was it an RTS? I don't remember that, but you're definitely right about Mac. I know there was a strategy layer to it rather than a straight up action game though, there was talk about forming some sort of resistance and taking out supply lines to weaken the Covenant, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Halo ended with halo 3 when Bungie wanted it to end. Every thing that has come after not made by Bungie has been garbage and has done nothing but hurt the legacy of halo.
    Hey now, ODST was a fantastic game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Was it an RTS? I don't remember that, but you're definitely right about Mac.
    Well, that's what websites claim anyway, talking about "real time strategy" in a "3D space" and all that.

Here, by the way, is the 1999 Macworld announcement of Halo, before M$:

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Halo 3 was hands down the best game in the series, the multiplayer was fun, it added map customization, story was great and it had the best vehicles.

I hope they'll go back to brutes as I fucking loved those vehicles they had. The new stuff feels too futuristic even for a Halo game. And I am not a fan of the new loadouts they added with the jetpack and shit, that was never at the core of the first Halo games, those used to be powerups.

Well, that's what websites claim anyway, talking about "real time strategy" in a "3D space" and all that.

Here, by the way, is the 1999 Macworld announcement of Halo, before M$:

Yeah, I remember that movie, it blew everyone's mind. The one I linked to, as well. Ah well, I guess the point is moot now anyway, but I wonder if Halo could've actually been the "revolutationary" game they first pitched if they'd stayed the course.

When you make shooters for a shitty platform like the console and not PC you make a shitty shooter.

Halo 1 on PC was the shit though.