Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    I love how pointing out that Islam still executes LGBT, oppresses women, and condones pedophilia, is now considered "Hate Speech"... Seriously Mods, go fuck yourselves with a 10 foot white hot steel rod. This site is an absolutely fucking joke.
    I see you had the dubious pleasure of meeting comrade Endus, the extreme left wing mod who infracts people for writing things that upset him.

I too have always wondered why feminists and LGBT activists are such supporters of immigration of people from culture which considers the former akin to livestock and thinks that death is the appropriate "treatment" for the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    If canadian women -or any western women really - go to their countries, they must wear what their culture requires. So why is it racism, fear, etc etc to expect people to follow western culture when in western countries?
    I don't know what authoritan backwater shithole you come from that is pretending to be Western but one of our supposed cultural values is freedom. Its what we constantly use as a cudgel to bash the less developed nations with, sometihng I think you were in fact doing in this post. I hope the irony isn't lost on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    English Canadians should look at themselves before speaking of intolerance in Québec.
    Meech Lake Accord says hi.

There is no reason to wear facial coverings in public unless your a mascot or something so nice i guess.

So much for religious freedom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    There is no reason to wear facial coverings in public unless your a mascot or something so nice i guess.
    There is a perfect reason: I want to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    So much for religious freedom.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a perfect reason: I want to.
    But what you want no one gives 2 fucks about it

Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    Maybe on a personal level, but laws should not curb people's freedom in such a way when no one else is being hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Because the law requires you to not wear a disguise so you can be held accountable for your actions.
    So halloween should be illegal is what you're saying? Cosplay? Mascots costumes?

Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post

And no one should care that your schizophrenia has you thinking there's a bomb under the dress of anyone who's face you can't see.

Hey that one terrorist put bombs in his shoes, ban all shoes! No covered toes!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    I see you had the dubious pleasure of meeting comrade Endus, the extreme left wing mod who infracts people for writing things that upset him.

I too have always wondered why feminists and LGBT activists are such supporters of immigration of people from culture which considers the former akin to livestock and thinks that death is the appropriate "treatment" for the latter.
    Hey you dropped your right wing baby's first victim complex card.

I'll never get why people like yourself are so determined to prove that they can be even shittier than this culture they claim to revile. Authoritarianism bad! Unless it's against people I don't like and am too scared/stupid to understand!
    Last edited by shimerra; 2017-10-20 at 01:51 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    You really have no idea what you are speaking about. no one is forcing French, and it's not a handicap. Also, French is not useless. If it is, then I know a lot of other languages that are even more useless: German, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, Russian, Greek, Yiddish, Hebrew, Swahili, Portugese, etc...
    I never said it's the most useless, never said no other languages are useless. Why would you react like I said that if I did not?

Languages have one use and one use only: communication. If the use of one language makes communication harder if not nearly impossible IN ITS OWN COUNTRY there's a fucking problem. There is no use to speak french in North America, some people are literally unable to speak to their neighbour. It forces all importations of goods and products to include a special french instructions or papers just for our province. It makes a lot of people not want to go out and visit anywhere other than the shitty Florida Quebec retirement villages or France. And even when they go there that have to speak english to border agents and they look suspicious as fuck cuz english classes suck ass in school (it's getting better but still).

Tourism was also shit for Québec for the longest time. It's only now getting better BECAUSE THEY ARE HIRING ENGLISH SPEAKING PEOPLE to better serve the rest of... CANADA mostly yeah that's right. Tourism industry can't survive on just people from France, the rest of North America was barely coming over here cuz of communication problem caused by us not speaking the language of the country.

Not to mention that for a foreigner, french is harder to learn than english, and is less useful because it doesn't give access to as much in the world. So the immigrants coming over here learn french, and then they have to learn english cuz they realize they are fucking stuck without english.

It is a handicap by definition, it's not an opinion.

Doesn’t Quebec get really cold? Are you saying you can’t wear balaclavas mows

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xether View Post
    Meech Lake Accord says hi.
    Yet, it did not pass in 2 provinces. Same result for the Charlottetown accord.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Only way to uproot religion is through education and compassion. And a few generations of consistency, peace and patience...

Still, humanity will always need something to believe in as taking our fate into our own hands is far to scary and anxiety provoking to us in our daily life.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    I never said it's the most useless, never said no other languages are useless. Why would you react like I said that if I did not?

Languages have one use and one use only: communication. If the use of one language makes communication harder if not nearly impossible IN ITS OWN COUNTRY there's a fucking problem. There is no use to speak french in North America, some people are literally unable to speak to their neighbour. It forces all importations of goods and products to include a special french instructions or papers just for our province. It makes a lot of people not want to go out and visit anywhere other than the shitty Florida Quebec retirement villages or France. And even when they go there that have to speak english to border agents and they look suspicious as fuck cuz english classes suck ass in school (it's getting better but still).

Tourism was also shit for Québec for the longest time. It's only now getting better BECAUSE THEY ARE HIRING ENGLISH SPEAKING PEOPLE to better serve the rest of... CANADA mostly yeah that's right. Tourism industry can't survive on just people from France, the rest of North America was barely coming over here cuz of communication problem caused by us not speaking the language of the country.

Not to mention that for a foreigner, french is harder to learn than english, and is less useful because it doesn't give access to as much in the world. So the immigrants coming over here learn french, and then they have to learn english cuz they realize they are fucking stuck without english.

It is a handicap by definition, it's not an opinion.
    If language is a communication tool, it is also an identity symbol. If Europe works ok with so many languages, so do North America with three (french, english, spanish).

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    I love how pointing out that Islam still executes LGBT, oppresses women, and condones pedophilia, is now considered "Hate Speech"... Seriously Mods, go fuck yourselves with a 10 foot white hot steel rod. This site is an absolutely fucking joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Environment and heritage would like a word with you. Don't take your education for granted and exclude others from gaining the same privilege for their kids as they flee from war and persecution. There's hundreds of sects within Islam just as there are for Christianity and any other religions. Broad strokes paints the whole world as a hostile place so you'll flee to your insurer and security company with all your cash up for grabs. Be smart and think for yourselves for a minute.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

If language is a communication tool, it is also an identity symbol. If Europe works ok with so many languages, so do North America with three (french, english, spanish).
    And they do so by speaking english to each other, not speaking their mother tongue to people they don't know. Because english is the tool everybody has, the other languages are niche tools that only work in fewer situations.

Europe doesn't learn every languages of all countries that are part of it, people end up speaking english as well because it's the more well known language. You won't see random Italians speaking Swedish just because they are visiting Sweden. Italians will speak english in Sweden because that's a language they both learn. Europe doesn't work because of diversity, it works because they understand they have diversity and their very niche language are useless outside of their home countries so they learn something useful. Quebec is starting to learn that but it took a while to understand that, like any other places, we are part of the world and we can't just hide in our little corner.

Sure it can be an identity symbole, and I love how other languages sound, english isn't particularly pretty, it's just useful in our time and rather easy to learn. I like being able to speak both french and english, but I had to work hard back in the day to learn english cuz classes in school were shit and we had them very late. Now it's much better and sooner in school, so it's a good step forward. Best case scenario is we stop being a stuck up province and just come to the conclusion that English is more useful than French, but that nothing stops us from learning both, and both is better than just 1.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    So halloween should be illegal is what you're saying? Cosplay? Mascots costumes?
    Imagine being so obtuse as to conflate wearing disguises in places like banks, public transport etc with THE ENTIRETY OF HALLOWEEN.

No, you ignoramus. Halloween is an EVENT. If someone in a Scream mask enters a bus or a bank they should be required to remove their mask and by LAW they are.

As i've said before, equal application of the law matters more than your feelings at the time. Nobody cares if you want to wear your furfag costume on the bus, take that shit off so we can see your face, as the law states.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can we get a version of that in the US so Antifa can't riot and cause havoc without being properly identified?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Can we get a version of that in the US so Antifa can't riot and cause havoc without being properly identified?
    See that's a pretty good use for that law.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post

And no one should care that your schizophrenia has you thinking there's a bomb under the dress of anyone who's face you can't see.

Hey that one terrorist put bombs in his shoes, ban all shoes! No covered toes!

Hey you dropped your right wing baby's first victim complex card.

I'll never get why people like yourself are so determined to prove that they can be even shittier than this culture they claim to revile. Authoritarianism bad! Unless it's against people I don't like and am too scared/stupid to understand!
    Compairing shoes with a fuckin cloth that covers all body

Impossible to argue with people like you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Imagine being so obtuse as to conflate wearing disguises in places like banks, public transport etc with THE ENTIRETY OF HALLOWEEN.

No, you ignoramus. Halloween is an EVENT. If someone in a Scream mask enters a bus or a bank they should be required to remove their mask and by LAW they are.

As i've said before, equal application of the law matters more than your feelings at the time. Nobody cares if you want to wear your furfag costume on the bus, take that shit off so we can see your face, as the law states.
    So much this

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    English Canadians should look at themselves before speaking of intolerance in Québec.
    Why not do both? There are intolerant people in Quebec and out side of it. How ever in my exerpance Quebec has more then other provinces I’ve been to other then mabye bc.