Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post

As if capitalism had never resulted in the deaths of millions....
    Not in brutalizing it's own citizens, no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Maybe look up the history of colonial famines.

Lol. Yeah, it has. Look at the dictatorships propped by the US in the 70s, in LA and Africa. And colonialism, and the war on drugs... and the war in iraq
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't bother, people like him doesn't like anything that disturbs their preferred narrative.

On topic: I see this thread is brimming with butt-hurt right-wingers making up excuses for why the ones in the OP pic "aren't really Antifa", or similar crap. It's sad to see that people who risk their lives to end the threat of ISIS get maligned for being "commies" instead of getting credit. But at least we know what the response should be if a similar photo with Alt-reichers should surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Fascism is neither right or left... it's a separate thing entirely than a political spectrum
    Huh? No.

Fascism is the textbook definition of "far-right". It has been defined as a far-right movement since its very inception. But fascism being defined as a "right-wing" is as old as fascist rejecting the political spectrum.

15+ Year Old Account
    ANTIFA are terrorists, and I can't wait for it to be open season on them.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

The Nazis were capitalist, they just emphasized a self sufficient national economy. The pre-war German economy under the nazis was a mixture of Nazi Voodoo Economics (paying government contracts with off the books IOU's), combined with heavy government investment in new industries, but also nationalization of strategic industries (tho this was more dependent on your support of the regime or lack of it, rather than with economics).

Some examples of major corporations that thrived under the Nazis.

Krupp.
    Siemens.
    Bayer.
    Volkswagen.
    Steyr-Daimler (they were split into different branches after the war).
    IBM (yes THAT IBM), specifically its German subsidiary Dehomag. The Nazis used IBM manufactured punch card computers for various record keeping purposes including for tracking and registering Jews. Throughout the war Dehomag continued paying revenue to IBM transferring it through Switzerland.
    Sulzer.
    Coca-Cola (specifically its German subsidiary, which continued to operate independently during the war creating the Fanta drink).

Other capitalist dictatorships that brutalized or brutalize their citizens range from half a dozen right wing Central American military dictatorships (Banana Republics) like that of Pinochet, Cuba under Batista, or Salazar's regime in Portugal, the half dozen Pre-Arab Spring Arab dictators like Mubarak.

Hell our favorite "friends" the Saudis are capitalists. As are the Israelis (they do plenty of Palestinian brutalizing, tho you probably don't count that for ideological reasons).

Arguably even China fits your description. China calls itself "Communist" as North Korean calls itself "Democratic".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    lol you guys still thinking im a communist, and coming from somebody who does not even know the antifa orgins.
    You previously described yourself as an anarcho-communist, though ‘middle class anarcho-communist larper’ would be more accurate.

OT: ISIS aren’t fascists, they are Muslim fundamentalists. You may have got confused due to Palestinian and Bosnian Muslims enthusiastically supporting Hitler in WWII, or maybe that both groups desire the eradication of Jews.

Am I the only one that gets confused due to american and european left and right being different :3

also condemning tyranical american antifa =/= condemning ones that actually fight against tyranny

10+ Year Old Account
    Colonial famines weren’t a result of capitalism though, unless you think that state backed monopolies on trade are capitalism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Colonial famines weren’t a result of capitalism though, unless you think that state backed monopolies on trade are capitalism.
    Laissez-faire (literally "do as you please" or freemarket economics) was a major contributor to famines in Ireland and India. Laissez-faire in particular thwarted sentiment against food aid.

Additionally, it is highly questionable whether "communist" food famines or repressions were anything to do with communism. The Holomodor was disproportionately a colonial instrument of repression Stalin used against Ukraine. Purges against Kulaks were simply internal civil war: there's a double-stand here, no one describes the American Civil War as brutal repression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Hahaha I can see you don't really know what fascism is and how it started and what it strived to be. Keep on going with the modern definition of fascism (everyone who disagrees with me is a fascist)
    If you bothered to read, I said it was similiar, not the same.

So because I assume Isis to be 'facist like' you assume I think everybody who disgarees with me is facists? lol? What is this even about? You got your feelings hurt that facists get compared to ISIS?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Lol. Yeah, it has. Look at the dictatorships propped by the US in the 70s, in LA and Africa. And colonialism, and the war on drugs... and the war in iraq
    And good ol' Pinochet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    ANTIFA are terrorists, and I can't wait for it to be open season on them.
    You hate people killing ISIS that much?
    You got something to hide?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Start in the 1920s, gives better context.
    TL;DR : antifa started in the 30s to oppose nazis/Mussolini.

Hate to crash the party but it's 100% fake. Not a single individual wearing body armour, 80% of them are Caucasian, every single one of em have clean boots, actually come to think of it all their gear is clean, pretty unheard of in a fucking firefight. On top of that, you can tell the magazines aren't stamped steel, also notice the good trigger discipline? I can count on one hand the number of Kurdish rebels I've seen without their fingers on the trigger xD

cute airsoft photo op tho <3

You hate people killing ISIS that much?
    You got something to hide?

- - - Updated - - -

TL;DR : antifa started in the 30s to oppose nazis/Mussolini.
    I fear witch hunters with their zealotry who can claim a innocent soul in their gaze? I am sure their victims have all committed some crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Knarg View Post
    The only folks calling antifa fascists are either useful idiots or fascists themselves.

Same as it ever was.
    Pay no attention to ignorant wannabe fascists. If they aren't crying uneducated tears about antifa they're over in another thread glorifying Nazis.

10+ Year Old Account
    This groups as much the american version of antifa as the neo nazis in america are to the actual nazi party from decades ago. they might have the same name, but they are not the same groups.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This groups as much the american version of antifa as the neo nazis in america are to the actual nazi party from decades ago. they might have the same name, but they are not the same groups.
    Antifa has never been a group, its a banner, an idea.
    Not that means any americans are in that photo, but that is irrelevant anyway, this is not about the US. Not everything is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mugthrall View Post
    Hate to crash the party but it's 100% fake. Not a single individual wearing body armour, 80% of them are Caucasian, every single one of em have clean boots, actually come to think of it all their gear is clean, pretty unheard of in a fucking firefight. On top of that, you can tell the magazines aren't stamped steel, also notice the good trigger discipline? I can count on one hand the number of Kurdish rebels I've seen without their fingers on the trigger xD

cute airsoft photo op tho <3
    If that is what you need to tell yourself to sleep at night, I won't stop you.
    And is it really so weird for europeans to go to join international brigades? Spain also had them against Franco, its not a new concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that means any americans are in that photo, but that is irrelevant anyway, this is not about the US. Not everything is.
    wrong. They have a flag and an organisation online, so they are a group or organisation, the same as the nazis have a symbol.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    And i dunno why the US people hate commies so much, yet they love their capitalist overlords with almost a sexual adoration
    Probably because:

1) Commies lead to dictatorial control by a communist overlord who removes all motivation from the people to produce, which ends up leading to the suffering and starvation of everyone. But they are suffering equally, so many people still think that's more fair.

2) Our capitalist overlords have lead to such an abundance of prosperity that even the most unequal among us, who live in poverty are still in the top 16% globally, still get 3 squares a day.

The capitalist overlords in the US may not give two flips about you or the average household, nor do they care about how much less income that average household makes, but the greed of those fat cats has helped the average income earning in the U.S. (anyone making over $50,000 household) get into the global 1%.

You are worried about how much everyone cares, while I'm worried about how well off everyone is. We have two different goals. While I would suggest we both have good intentions, I would suggest my way, which lead to the average person in the U.S. being better off than 99% of the people in the rest of the world, has a solid proven track record of working. Your way has a proven track record of leading to mass death, starvation, and collapse.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, so Antifa (or Antifaschistische Aktion) has been a group since the early 1930's. I'm not saying every member of an Antifa group are part of the same umbrella group, but all Antifa groups are the continuation of the group that was started in 1930's Germany.

And yes, Antifa groups have their own banner and ideas.