Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Note the empty stuff on the right where the factions are listed.

That is the Wastes with Chaos Dwarfs and beyond that the Mountains of Mourn with Ogres.
    Not a lot of other factions left for them to add.
    I'm hoping that for Warhammer 3, the four main factions are: Chaos Dwarfs, Ogres, Cathay, and Nippon.

Unlikely to see the latter two, as they don't have official armies on the tabletop, and not a whole lot of lore on them either, but hey, I can dream. Right?

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Yeah, it could have been worse. The Old World is entirely intact, and the New World is mostly intact, most of the stuff they cut off wasn't really all that interesting anyways.

If this is how Mortal Empires looks though, I can't even begin to imagine how they're gonna fit the third map in there. I mean, fuck man, look at the size of this thing.
    Just talking from my gut here, but I have a feeling they already had problems getting this to run properly. Because why go through the work of trimming the map if you could "just" copy the existing maps together. I somehow have the feeling that the map will run pretty bad. And I honestly doubt game 3 will extend the existing map, and if it does it will probably not be by much. I know I may be overly pessimistic but the blog post where they warn from longer round times, etc just sounded like they are having problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Just talking from my gut here, but I have a feeling they already had problems getting this to run properly. Because why go through the work of trimming the map if you could "just" copy the existing maps together. I somehow have the feeling that the map will run pretty bad. And I honestly doubt game 3 will extend the existing map, and if it does it will probably not be by much. I know I may be overly pessimistic but the blog post where they warn from longer round times, etc just sounded like they are having problems.
    Well the Vortex campaign map is already not to scale.

If they just pasted them together Ulthuan would be on top of Reikland lol...

Yeah they cant mash them together because the Southlands are not under Ulthuar, its under the map from WH 1.

The combined map is actually closer to the 'real' warhammer map. You just need to move the 2 sides a lot further apart so there is a proper ocean for Ulthuan to sit in.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Official Mortal Empires campaign map.

Sadly they trimmed a big chunk of the lower southlands, as well as the lower chunks of Lustria, and a small bit of western Nagaroth. They also trimmed greatly most of the ocean separating the continents.

Otherwise, the rest is more or less intact. Specifically, the map from the first game is not trimmed, and neither was Ulthuan.

No Norsca?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    No Norsca?
    Getting added later because they were already working on ME when the faction got released and they don't want to delay the entire thing to integrate them

Deleted
    Getting added later because they were already working on ME when the faction got released and they don't want to delay the entire thing to integrate them
    Nice, so they will probably add WH:W2 Dlc races later on too.

Nice, so they will probably add WH:W2 Dlc races later on too.
    For sure, Note how no one starts in the Tomb Kings area.

Deleted
    Can't wait for them to be added. It's the race I want to play the most. ^^

Can't wait for them to be added. It's the race I want to play the most. ^^
    The ones I want added the most are the Amazons and Nippon. Small chance for either of them as they're rather minor factions in the lore (Hell, I think Kislev has more polish and lore and fluff and they were never made a faction proper, they're just a reskin of the empire) but they're the ones I want the most to see some day.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

My Last Defenders campaign is getting pretty epic. I've put the Rituals on hold to reconquer Lustria; I had to confederate Mazdamundi because he was getting absolutely rekt by the Dark Elves and Clan Pestilens. Now I have 2 armies kicking edgy elf ass while Mazdamundi extracts righteous vengeance off the vermins. Meanwhile all the major factions are at war with each other and everyone does their final ritual simultaneously so it's absolute bedlam, Intervention forces, Skaven clans and Chaos stacks are rampaging everywhere and I take advantage of the situation. None of the rival factions are likely to finish the rituals too, everyone is missing at least one city.

Luckily my power base in the Southlands is absolutely secure, with walls everywhere and allies serving as buffer states. The Lizardmen economy is also completely ridiculous, especially the technology that grants an absurd boost to mine and quarry income. I have 3 provinces that net above 5000 income/turn thanks to gold mines, and several 2/3k ones as well, plus trade. I can afford 6 armies on Very Hard, while I could barely afford 5 on Hard with the HEs.

I want to try and finish the entire thing before Mortal Empires come around. Still haven't decided who I will start with, albeit Queek is an increasingly viable option.

So Mortal Empires will drop today, who will you play as? think i go Belegar or Vlad first, also some gore

Time to restart the War of the Beard. Them pointy ears must die!

I'm hoping that for Warhammer 3, the four main factions are: Chaos Dwarfs, Ogres, Cathay, and Nippon.
    I'm guessing it will be Nurgle, Tzeench, Slaanesh, and Khorne, adding in Daemons and expanding upon Warriors of Chaos, and possibly even Beastmen. These would add in enough troops to equal 4 complete factions. Chaos Dwarves and Ogres will probably be DLC. Cathay and Nippon would be great but unlikely, just as Amazons are now unlikely due to how much Southlands were cur from Mortal Empires.

Watched a video showing the Victory Conditions. Most every faction shares a goal: taking 17 specific settlements. One of these is Lahmia. Sounds like we'll be seeing another Vampire DLC. I wonder if this will be a FreeLC released around the same time as Tomb Kings. Would be great to see Neferata and Khalida in the game.
    Last edited by Cyclone Jack; 2017-10-26 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post
    Time to dorf
    It's definitely time to dorf

The into for one of the faction leaders specifically says to the north is the land of the dead you will find no allies there. Tomb Kings are as sure a bet as one can get.

- - - Updated - - -

Unlikely to see the latter two, as they don't have official armies on the tabletop, and not a whole lot of lore on them either, but hey, I can dream. Right?
    They hinted that it will be the four Chaos Gods factions.

I'll go Queek first then I don't know. Might take Sigvald to visit Naggaroth. Once Tomb Kings drop I'm pretty sure I'll make a Alberic campaign and go purge the undead scum. Or go Tyrion and go full HE dominance, razing Naggarond and finishing the War of the Beard. So many delightful possibilities!

One thing's for sure, the blood will be most welcome. Just doesn't feel right when 3000 people/lizards/rats die and there's no blood anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I'm guessing it will be Nurgle, Tzeench, Slaanesh, and Khorne, adding in Daemons and expanding upon Warriors of Chaos, and possibly even Beastmen. These would add in enough troops to equal 4 complete factions. Chaos Dwarves and Ogres will probably be DLC. Cathay and Nippon would be great but unlikely, just as Amazons are now unlikely due to how much Southlands were cur from Mortal Empires.
    Amazons were in northern Lustria weren't they? But ya based off the likely map for the game we'll only get as far as the Mountains of Mourn for the combined map in Game 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I strongly doubt game 3 will be Chaos only. That's a marketing nightmare and means no map expansion save for the Realms of Chaos which realistically are pretty much only inhabited by Demons and mortals can't even go there. Plus, individual god armies hardly have the rosters to be solid faction. What does Khorne have, Bloodletters, Bloodcrushers, Bloodthirsters, aaand isn't that pretty much it?

Na, they need diverse factions. It's at least going to be Daemons, Chaos Dorfs, Ogres, maybe a token good guy like Kislev. Unless we also get a Cathay/Nippon map expansion which seems unlikely.