I get so fucking tilted playing Fury

"Well go arms!"

Well, here's the thing, I've tried that, and I don't like it any more than fury. To be honest, I actually really enjoy playing Fury. Sure, it's very gear and legendary dependent, but once you have those things the spec is fun to play in almost every situation. Despite this, it can feel so damn clunky at times.

Hit... meh
    hit... alright then...
    hit... oh come on, crit already you fucking wanker
    crit... well it doesn't fucking matter now does it? I'm at 100 rage already
    parry.... ASIHKGOASHOIGAHSGÅIOASGHAIÅOSPGHASGÅOAGIOAG

This obviously doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it just takes such a long time to recover from that blow. I'd go as far as to call it soulcrushing. Once you're tilted it can be hard to get back into that focused mindset. In Nighthold we had our 2-set to alleviate some of these bad-rng situations, but that is not the case for ToS or Antorus.

It's especially annoying when you consider how little damage we really do outside of our short BC-windows. I was never an opponent of Fury being based around short cooldowns, but atleast make our spec enjoyable to play outside of those windows. I remember back in WoD beta when Colossus Smash was removed that blizzard released a statement regarding this decision; they didn't want Fury's playstyle to be centered around a 6-second window of damage every 20 seconds, stating that this gameplay was too "control based" instead of "furious" and therefore different from the class fantasy they had in mind.

Well.... ok then.... does this sound familiar to any of you? You should say yes, because that's exactly what we have now. A 7-second window of damage every 30 seconds. The only difference here is that MoP fury was actually enjoyable outside of CS thanks in part to Heroic Strike (May it rest in peace) and the reduced rng that we got by stacking crit later in the expansion. (MoP Fury was far from flawless, I'm not trying to glorify it or anything, but it was personally a very beloved iteration of Fury)

I guess this became a bit of a rant, sorry about that, needed to vent I guess. What do you guys think of Legion Fury? How do you want to see it improved/revised?
    Last edited by Jakisuaki; 2017-10-20 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    "Well go arms!"

I guess this became a bit of a rant, sorry about that, needed to vent I guess. What do you guys think of Legion Fury? How do you want to see it improved/revised?
    1. Juggernaut stacks decaying one at a time, not completely falling off after X seconds.
    2. Keep most damage inside battlecry but change mechanics so you must work towards lowering BC cooldown by pressing buttons in the right order.
    Last edited by GorkAndMork; 2017-10-20 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    "Well go arms!"

Well, here's the thing, I've tried that, and I don't like it any more than fury. To be honest, I actually really enjoy playing Fury. Sure, it's very gear and legendary dependent, but once you have those things the spec is fun to play in almost every situation. Despite this, it can feel so damn clunky at times.
    Fury is the least legendary and gear dependent warrior spec. Arms is far and away more legendary dependent (pretty much need ring to round out the rotation) and gear dependent. I wear kazzlax and rethus crafted belt and still parse purple and orange. Try doing that with crap legendarys as arms. Fury is "the spec" for dps warrior if you don't have ayalas+helm/gloves for the exact opposite reason you state, its very much not reliant on legendarys to perform well.

Quote Originally Posted by GorkAndMork View Post
    1. Juggernaut stacks decaying one at a time, not completely falling off after X seconds.
    That would make Juggernaut so less cancerous... - so its never gonna happen. And especially not midd to late expansion.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Deleted
    Fury is pure joy with enough haste (I have 39% unbuffed right now). The only annoying (or should I say - infuriating) thing about the spec is juggernaut stacks. I absolutely hate losing stacks by any reasons, be it boss raidwide mechanics (Avatar) or someone failing at executing fights and forcing me from the boss (like getting 100 torment on Inquisition when the boss is low on health).

Isn't getting tilted the whole point of.....fury?

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Isn't getting tilted the whole point of.....the internet?
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Isn't getting tilted the whole point of.....fury?
    Class fantasy done right

I miss stormbolt hitting like a truck under csmash

Quote Originally Posted by Ladorian View Post
    Fury is the least legendary and gear dependent warrior spec. Arms is far and away more legendary dependent (pretty much need ring to round out the rotation) and gear dependent. I wear kazzlax and rethus crafted belt and still parse purple and orange. Try doing that with crap legendarys as arms. Fury is "the spec" for dps warrior if you don't have ayalas+helm/gloves for the exact opposite reason you state, its very much not reliant on legendarys to perform well.
    To clarify, it's legendary & haste dependent if you want to have any kind of fun with the spec. Without them it's just absolutely garbage to play, in my own opinion.

Just two issues with fury for me, rage stuck at 99 sometimes then having to waste 1-2 globals to get to 100, and BT not critting even after 2-3 FS, dont know if we will have more crit in T21

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Just two issues with fury for me, rage stuck at 99 sometimes then having to waste 1-2 globals to get to 100, and BT not critting even after 2-3 FS, dont know if we will have more crit in T21
    It doesn't get stuck, that's just the amount of rage you have at the time. Worst case you use FS, which is one global, and you'll have another AA swing by the time your next GCD is available.