Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    This could actually make a good basis for a shadolands expac with Sylvanas as the main protagonist. Since most don't complain after she raises them. We venture in the shadowlands (and even deeper, into the WC hell Arthas mentioned) and experience the terrors the dead see, shedding us more light on Helya/Sylvanas. Could also allow them to re-use the souls of old bosses and just fully deform them into some creatures of death
    I think using the inherent rage people feel when raised to make them kill their friends kinda of makes many resent her.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    #1 Kay always links the debunked fake one #2 Bird confirmed that picture as fake

- - - Updated - - -

because we dont get a new profession.
    Parrot just said that one is real in IRC
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Playable Nightborne have been mostly debunked dozens of pages ago by Simca.
    Source pls

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Source pls
    It was an exaggeration. They are saying it mostly because of the fact that they are like a mob model... Can't wear armor and such.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I think using the inherent rage people feel when raised to make them kill their friends kinda of makes many resent her.
    That's... really not reflected by the game at all...

Voss is terrified of being undead because of her horrendously racist upbringing. Marshal Redpath turns to fight against the Forsaken in a suicidal attack on a superior force after being surprised he wasn't mind-controlled into servitude on being resurrected. Valdred Moray is mostly confused about how his hands are from a different corpse but he's chill about being dead and decides to go help Sylvanas and the Forsaken.

The game shows us that the Valkyr raising (The only kind of Raising that can happen since the Scourge was defeated) explicitly doesn't make you rage out or become mind-controlled or suddenly devote yourself to Sylvanas. You're free-willed individuals with their own intent. When those people in Silverpine rise up and join the Forsaken, they've chosen to do it. 'Cause Sylvanas will gladly let you just walk away, like Voss did. She just doesn't want you condemned to eternal nothingness.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    The data page shown was said to be photoshopped by Parrot. But yes, he said he might be wrong about it not being true, but he also said they would have had to have obtained it elsewhere, since it was not sent to the clients we have.

Essentially someone working with Blizz's systems would have to have gotten that info from one of their computers or something.
    After further review, the 8.0.0 RotL WDBX Editor screenshot is photoshopped in my opinion. I also talked with the guy that makes WDBX editor and he agrees that there's some dodgy stuff going on in the window title/bottom version. However, RotL itself hasn't been disproven/fake. If you don't count OP fabricating "evidence", it has as much proof as any other "leak" that we've seen over the past weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    After further review, the 8.0.0 RotL WDBX Editor screenshot is photoshopped in my opinion. I also talked with the guy that makes WDBX editor and he agrees that there's some dodgy stuff going on in the window title/bottom version. However, RotL itself hasn't been disproven/fake. If you don't count OP fabricating "evidence", it has as much proof as any other "leak" that we've seen over the past weeks.
    Yep, pretty much my thoughts on the matter. You are much better at saying it though! Haha

But on that note, while the RotL database is photoshopped and likely fake, the following database is real, as I believe you've said.

https://i.imgur.com/lhItso3.jpg

Yep, pretty much my thoughts on the matter. You are much better at saying it though! Haha

But on that note, while the RotL database is photoshopped and likely fake, the following database is real, as I believe you've said.
    Yeah, as I just mentioned on IRC:

<@Alram> honestly if you ever suspect a db pic is fake
    <@Alram> you can easily check yourself
    <@Alram> you can extract chrraces.db2 yourself and then opening it in wdbx editor which you can get @ https://github.com/WowDevTools/WDBXEditor/releases
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2017-10-22 at 01:05 AM. Reason: lets not link to my own site in public, poor poor traffic

Hero Birb saves another day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dadoru View Post
    Its fun that no one is talking about new professions in leak. No one care about professions?
    What profession leak?

Quote Originally Posted by TubbiestPack View Post
    What profession leak?
    I think they may be saying no one is including a new profession in any of their fake leaks... Or even discussing the possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    We're shown, clearly, that Forsaken have free will. They're not enslaved by the Banshee Queen. In the Player Starting area and even in the initial text. The argument that they're forcibly making them "Loyal" members is invalid, the canon shows it isn't true.

The RAS might not be gone, but the members of it who broke from it and tried to rebel and intended to commit genocide are all dead... weird how the whole group isn't blamed for the actions of a reviled and destroyed portion of its constituency...
    Shit the Orcs pulled in Icecrown? I seem to recall both sides having reasons to fight, there... Do you have a specific thing you're referring to?
    Why would Sylvanas be dead? What war crimes did she commit that are reasons to kill her, exactly? The use of Biological weapons/chemical weapons is awful stuff, absolutely, but if you're facing extinction 'cause Garrosh is pulling the same shit Garithos pulled it's time to let the Naga help...

You're right that the Horde didn't oppose him, initially. He used an iron fist to crush dissent by literally killing anyone who disagreed with him and cowed people into obedience. In fact when he -suspected- Vol'jin might turn on him, he sent assassins to end that threat. But I'll remind you that before the Night Elves got near the gates, the Darkspear Revolution was in full force.

Alliance apologists are disgusting. Slaughtering innocents across multiple continents is fine if you're "Just trying to wipe out an entire species out of racist fear uwu"

'Cause it's not like the Alliance are sweet babies with candy rattles. Slavery, Genocide, Slaughter of Innocents that look different, culture wars among their own people, encroachment on the territory of ancient peoples with the intent to kill them and take their lands, the aforementioned war crimes and deep seated racism for which there is no response by the political forces in power...
    You should play through Silverpine again. The entire reason the people of Fenris join the Worgen is because Sylvanas has been turning everyone who is killed in Silverpine into a soldier. Just because a few recruits on the homestead are given a choice doesn't change the fact that anyone killed in combat isn't.

Do you have a source for those members being dead? Many of the people involved in the plague's construction are still alive, including, again, the Horde heroes--as well as Faranell, the current leader of the Society, who was one of the most instrumental people in its creation.

Garrosh lead the Horde offensive in Northrend, it's the reason why Thrall thought he was a good candidate for Warchief. After the Alliance and Horde entered Icecrown and began advancing through the secondary gates towards the Citadel, the Horde (Orc) forces hung back, hid and waited for the Alliance to engage the scourge--and then they attacked the Alliance from behind, trapping them between the Horde and Scourge and getting not only the Alliance killed but many of themselves in the process. All for the sake of glorious battle and killing. The Commanding Officer for the Horde, upon hearing of this, considers it a mark of pride and an example of what it means to be Horde. The Orcs were pulling this kind of crap under Garrosh even when he was just leading the military forces.

Sylvanas is the one who authorized the plague, and it's development for use against the living as well as the scourge. She is the one who O.K'd slaughtering farmers in three different zones, the one who MADE A PACT WITH A CORRUPTED WATCHER AND PUT THE ENTIRE WAR AGAINST THE LEGION IN DANGER FOR PERSONAL GAIN. That last one alone is immediate grounds for her needing to be put in the ground. Had Greymane not fucked up her plan, she could have very well gotten the entire world destroyed. She is Elisande but worse, because Elisande made her decisions under threat of Destruction and Sylvanas and the Forsaken are not even remotely close to that.

Yeah, man. Garrosh used an iron fist to crush dissent and kill anyone who opposed him. Suspected Vol'jin? The troll outright said, TO HIS FACE that he was going to shoot him in the back the second he got a chance.

Remind yourself of the Darkspear Revolution. Because they did absolutely nothing. The whole point of the collaborative was that they were supposed to take all those resources they'd been getting from the barrens and use them to take the docks so that the combined forces could land. They did absolutely nothing. The combined forces themselves took the docks and then found the Darkspear Revolution running headfirst into mechascorp to die over and over and over. And when the Scorpion was dead, the Horde realized they had no siege equipment with which to destroy the gates. I.e. the Horde were literally. Literally completely useless in Siege and failed to do the one job they had despite all of the resources sent their way.

People who just finished trying to commit actual genocide are innocents? Nice try, but "It's out of racist fear!" doesn't really have the same ring when the thing you are killing came to your world for the explicit purpose of killing everyone on the planet and taking it for their own. Orcs are bloodthirsty savages by nature. You can try and throw the blame at the Legion and Demon's blood all you like, but they were easily convinced to slaughter Draenei long before they touched a drop, and they glady jumped at the chance for more destructive power. Nor was it demon's blood that led them to follow Garrosh, or turn on the Alliance in Icecrown or to continually try to push into Night Elven lands, even under Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    That's... really not reflected by the game at all...

Voss is terrified of being undead because of her horrendously racist upbringing. Marshal Redpath turns to fight against the Forsaken in a suicidal attack on a superior force after being surprised he wasn't mind-controlled into servitude on being resurrected. Valdred Moray is mostly confused about how his hands are from a different corpse but he's chill about being dead and decides to go help Sylvanas and the Forsaken.

The game shows us that the Valkyr raising (The only kind of Raising that can happen since the Scourge was defeated) explicitly doesn't make you rage out or become mind-controlled or suddenly devote yourself to Sylvanas. You're free-willed individuals with their own intent. When those people in Silverpine rise up and join the Forsaken, they've chosen to do it. 'Cause Sylvanas will gladly let you just walk away, like Voss did. She just doesn't want you condemned to eternal nothingness.
    Seriously. Bother to do Silverpine. It is made very painfully clear that most of the people being ressed are just immediately enslaved.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-10-21 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You should play through Silverpine again. The entire reason the people of Fenris join the Worgen is because Sylvanas has been turning everyone who is killed in Silverpine into a soldier. Just because a few recruits on the homestead are given a choice doesn't change the fact that anyone killed in combat isn't.

Do you have a source for those members being dead? Many of the people involved in the plague's construction are still alive, including, again, the Horde heroes--as well as Faranell, the current leader of the Society, who was one of the most instrumental people in its creation.

Garrosh lead the Horde offensive in Northrend, it's the reason why Thrall thought he was a good candidate for Warchief. After the Alliance and Horde entered Icecrown and began advancing through the secondary gates towards the Citadel, the Horde (Orc) forces hung back, hid and waited for the Alliance to engage the scourge--and then they attacked the Alliance from behind, trapping them between the Horde and Scourge and getting not only the Alliance killed but many of themselves in the process. All for the sake of glorious battle and killing. The Commanding Officer for the Horde, upon hearing of this, considers it a mark of pride and an example of what it means to be Horde. The Orcs were pulling this kind of crap under Garrosh even when he was just leading the military forces.

Sylvanas is the one who authorized the plague, and it's development for use against the living as well as the scourge. She is the one who O.K'd slaughtering farmers in three different zones, the one who MADE A PACT WITH A CORRUPTED WATCHER AND PUT THE ENTIRE WAR AGAINST THE LEGION IN DANGER FOR PERSONAL GAIN. That last one alone is immediate grounds for her needing to be put in the ground. Had Greymane not fucked up her plan, she could have very well gotten the entire world destroyed. She is Elisande but worse, because Elisande made her decisions under threat of Destruction and Sylvanas and the Forsaken are not even remotely close to that.

Yeah, man. Garrosh used an iron fist to crush dissent and kill anyone who opposed him. Suspected Vol'jin? The troll outright said, TO HIS FACE that he was going to shoot him in the back the second he got a chance.

Remind yourself of the Darkspear Revolution. Because they did absolutely nothing. The whole point of the collaborative was that they were supposed to take all those resources they'd been getting from the barrens and use them to take the docks so that the combined forces could land. They did absolutely nothing. The combined forces themselves took the docks and then found the Darkspear Revolution running headfirst into mechascorp to die over and over and over. And when the Scorpion was dead, the Horde realized they had no siege equipment with which to destroy the gates. I.e. the Horde were literally. Literally completely useless in Siege and failed to do the one job they had despite all of the resources sent their way.

People who just finished trying to commit actual genocide are innocents? Nice try, but "It's out of racist fear!" doesn't really have the same ring when the thing you are killing came to your world for the explicit purpose of killing everyone on the planet and taking it for their own. Orcs are bloodthirsty savages by nature. You can try and throw the blame at the Legion and Demon's blood all you like, but they were easily convinced to slaughter Draenei long before they touched a drop, and they glady jumped at the chance for more destructive power. Nor was it demon's blood that led them to follow Garrosh, or turn on the Alliance in Icecrown or to continually try to push into Night Elven lands, even under Thrall.
    Good lord! You need to take a break from the game.

Regarding this race database file:

I need to point out that some non-playable races have entries in the datafiles since at least WoD introduced mercenary mode. In that patch, they made transformation items also change your race. Before it, if you were an orc using "Orb of the Sin'dorei", you'd be listed as "orc" in your tooltip. Since that patch, the orc would appear as a "blood elf" in the tooltip (try it yourself in the game, transform and mouse over your portrait, check the tooltip that appears).

Since then, if you use an item to transform into a Naga, Vrykul, Taunka, Broken and some other non-playable races, your tooltip changes to show you as "naga", "vrykul" and so on. THis does not work on all NPC races. For instance, it does not work on ogre transformations.

Notice how Naga, Broken, Taunka and Vrykul are all there. Interesting that it also includes Forest Trolls, Tuskarr and Ice Trolls, but I don't know any powers that allow you to turn into them (well, there's the Elixir in Northrend!Dalaran sewers that has a chance of turning you into a tuskarr. I'll check it out when I get time).

The interesting part is that Gilnean human, Nightborne, Void Elf, Highmountain Tauren and Lighforged are different in the sense that they share some ID numbers with other races, while the NPC races cited above all are listed as "0". I think Gilnean Human may just be Worgen human form, not a real race, but the other 4 could be indication of planned sub-races.

Yet another evidence that nightborne may be blood elf sub-race! But I'm worried about "Void Elves". Be careful there, Blizz...

Anyway, this is not a file from expansion, and things will most likely change in 8.0. As far as we know, these entries may have no importance.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-10-21 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Good lord! You need to take a break from the game.
    Either that or continue playing just as much... Hard to say.

I enjoy Hitei being around at this point. They seem to heavily project what is essentially the same personal bias I have for Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Regarding this race database file:

I need to point out that some non-playable races have entries in the datafiles since at least WoD introduced mercenary mode. In that patch, they made transformation items also change your race. Before it, if you were an orc using "Orb of the Sin'dorei", you'd be listed as "orc" in your tooltip. Since that patch, the orc would appear as a "blood elf" in the tooltip (try it yourself in the game, transform and mouse over your portrait, check the tooltip that appears).

Since then, if you use an item to transform into a Naga, Vrykul, Taunka, Broken and some other non-playable races, your tooltip changes to show you as "naga", "vrykul" and so on. THis does not work on all NPC races. For instance, it does not work on ogre transformations.

I guess that is the info that we are seeing in that database image. Notice how Naga, Broken, Taunka and Vrykul are all there. Interesting that it also includes Forest Trolls, Tuskarr and Ice Trolls, but I don't know any powers that allow you to turn into them (well, there's the Elixir in Northrend!Dalaran sewers that has a chance of turning you into a tuskarr. I'll check it out when I get time).

The interesting part is that Gilnean human, Nightborne, Void Elf, Highmountain Tauren and Lighforged are different in the sense that they share some ID numbers with other races, while the NPC races cited above all are listed as "0". I think Gilnean Human may just be Worgen human form, not a real race, but the other 4 could be indication of planned sub-races.

Yet another evidence that nightborne may be blood elf sub-race! But I'm worried about "Void Elves". Be careful there, Blizz...

Anyway, this is not a file from expansion, and things will most likely change in 8.0. As far as we know, these entries may have no importance.
    I believe we are more pointing out that the database's customization settings for the newer races reflect the playable races... Such as Highmountain Tauren having similar customization data to normal Tauren, while Nightborne data is like Belf, Lightforged reflect draenei, and voidelf reflect Nelt.
    Last edited by Ghargatuloth; 2017-10-21 at 01:55 PM.

I enjoy Hitei being around at this point. They seem to heavily project what is essentially the same personal bias I have for Sylvanas.
    I enjoy his commentary, but it's hard to justify someone being that worked up over a fictional story.

I enjoy his commentary, but it's hard to justify someone being that worked up over a fictional story.
    I hate Sylvanas more than you could possibly imagine, I hate the Forsaken more than virtually anything in this game bar MAYBE the DRAENEI...

But I do not often speak of my personal bias, unpopular opinion and all that.

I just type a lot. It's the result of discipline.

I like Sylvanas well enough as a character. But to argue she is anything other than villainous scum is ridiculous. We've killed a lot of people who have done a lot less than what she has.

another week with absolutely 0 news lmao

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    another week with absolutely 0 news lmao
    Some decent speculation though!