Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    A better way to handle paragons imo would've been like this:

Give all WoW fans one of the most requested convenience change - makes reputations account-wide. Now add paragon rep in there. Now Increase the number of items each box can drop. There were about 6-7 different colours of the default unicorn model which do not drop from anywhere. Voila, Let the Dreamweavers paragon drop all 6-7 unicorns. Make it so that you cannot get one you already have. You reach exalted on your main. Every alt you level from then on contributes to your account's paragon reputation and for every say 10k rep you get a box with a tiny chance to get one of the mounts. Eventually you can get them all just by playing your alts. Without having to grind WQs on your main just because he has the most rep with them or is best geared. This would make the game much more alt-friendly and in fact increase the amount of time you spend playing it. because while WQs vary, you still end up doing the same ones if you focus on one zone/faction. But if you change your alt, even if you do the same quest, you are experiences a completely different gameplay, story, visual effects, etc.
    Some unicorn mounts come from PvP (Prestige ranks), so these are already used.

I would just want them to put mounts, pets etc. back to the reputation vendor, as we had before. Paragon chests should reward other things, which are not collectibles (gold, resources, AP, consumables, probably BoA shoulder enchants, random gear). And if they feel the need to put collectibles into such chests, then we should have a progressive increase of the droprate, like +10% per chest (so 10% for the 1st one, 20% for the 2nd and so on, and 100% for your 10th chest). If there would be more than one paragon mount, reset the drop rate after the first. Also remove duplicating mounts. This is beyond stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Some unicorn mounts come from PvP (Prestige ranks), so these are already used.

I would just want them to put mounts, pets etc. back to the reputation vendor, as we had before. Paragon chests should reward other things, which are not collectibles (gold, resources, AP, consumables, probably BoA shoulder enchants, random gear). And if they feel the need to put collectibles into such chests, then we should have a progressive increase of the droprate, like +10% per chest (so 10% for the 1st one, 20% for the 2nd and so on, and 100% for your 10th chest). If there would be more than one paragon mount, reset the drop rate after the first. Also remove duplicating mounts. This is beyond stupid.
    The PvP prestige unicorns are a different model that has armor on it and have 6 recolours.
    The default unicorn model without armour only has 2 recolours available to players and everything else is unobtainable as far as I know. And even if they are more, there are still some unused colour variations.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    13 Army of the Light boxes opened so far, recieved 2x Toy 1x Mount. Friend has opened ~11 or so, gotten 2 mounts.

Can probably expect to open at least 20 of these before getting all the rewards

I like your optimism, but I am at 18 and have 1 mount and 2 toys - and you can get duplicates too, which could really screw us up.
    Last edited by Shaker; 2017-10-23 at 12:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowsion View Post
    13 Army of the Light boxes opened so far, recieved 2x Toy 1x Mount. Friend has opened ~11 or so, gotten 2 mounts.

Can probably expect to open at least 20 of these before getting all the rewards
    I copied my toon to the PRT and opened over 100 and only got 2/3 of the mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    I copied my toon to the PRT and opened over 100 and only got 2/3 of the mounts.
    I got quite a few paragon boxes stored up. (+ rep tokens, which I will use on Wed if 7.3.2). I hope I get some of the new alt legendarys in the process + I hoped they upped the mount drop rates slightly, but its more dreams than reality.

Been doing WQs every day since they were introduced... always using rep buffs when available, and I've only gotten the Wild Dreamrunner mount so far... not using an addon so haven't tracked how many I've opened... a LOT though.

Got to love Blizzard's fetish with ludicrous drop rates...

Deleted
    Ive now got into a routine, of doing emissaries on all chars on the days the ones I need pop up as an emissary
    Now down to needing 4
    Night fallen, High Mountain, army of the light and argussian reach
    Determined to get all before next expansion lol

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Ive now got into a routine, of doing emissaries on all chars on the days the ones I need pop up as an emissary
    Now down to needing 4
    Why Argussian Reach though? Does something good come from there now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mymori View Post
    Why Argussian Reach though? Does something good come from there now?
    A few datamined but not confirmed, so doing it anyway

Nothing drops from the Argussian paragon box except follower garbage. I wouldn't be surprised if they patch something in with the Antorus patch though, it seems strange to be the only one with nothing. I really hope its not a mount though.

Deleted
    Now down to needing 4
    I am down to High Mountain, Kirin Tor (which I use to get extra HM tokens), Army of the Light and Argussian Reach. Opened about 6 paragon chests lately for High Mountain, still no mount. Have the faction on about 8 characters at exalted now, if not even a couple more. Hate this. :/

Deleted
    I am down to High Mountain, Kirin Tor (which I use to get extra HM tokens), Army of the Light and Argussian Reach. Opened about 6 paragon chests lately for High Mountain, still no mount. Have the faction on about 8 characters at exalted now, if not even a couple more. Hate this. :/
    Got the vengeful armoured Elekk from army of light paragon last night, think they have another three,, so will keep trying,
    Same as you though, I always do KT and funnel it into HM

Deleted
    Got the vengeful armoured Elekk from army of light paragon last night, think they have another three,, so will keep trying,
    Same as you though, I always do KT and funnel it into HM
    AFAIK there are 3 paragon mounts from the army of light, so you should have 2 more to go. I am not sure if argussian reach also has a chance to drop these.

AFAIK there are 3 paragon mounts from the army of light, so you should have 2 more to go. I am not sure if argussian reach also has a chance to drop these.
    There are no special items from the Argussian Reach box if wowhead is to be believed. No mounts, toys, pets, transmogs. Nothing... Its really silly considering that Army of light has 3 mounts (of which i've got 2 so far) and a toy.

I somehow still don't have Valarjar or Nightfallen rep box mounts despite funneling rep insignias from half a dozen alts for 6 months plus and doing just about every emissary quest on my main since xpac launch.

Deleted
    Handy to know, thanks!
    Still find it strange, argussian reach has nothing,seems more than an oversight

I still need the Highmountain and all the Army of the Light mounts, plus the Wardens toy. The really frustrating part is that I've gotten the Dreamweavers mount three times, the Suramar mount twice, and the Valarjar mount twice now.

Here's my update, since the argus stuff was added. I've opened roughly 250ish rep boxes (across all factions that drop things). I've gotten 2 mounts (Suramar carpet and one of the new Light elks) and 1 wardens toy. That's it... 250 boxes later - 2 mounts and a toy. lol at the people saying dumb shit like.. "it'll probably take 20 of these boxes to get all the mounts." Yea probably.

Well since they came out on my 3 toons I try to get all their caches done. Sure theres a couple ive missed here and there but wouldnt be that much really..

So far have gotten the valsharah and high mountain mounts and the Warden appearance toy from wardens.

Been pumping all my kirin tor tokens into stormheilm because I want the stormdrake. Also would like the carpet/hippo then can consider myself done.

Such a shit system :/ and they didnt even have the paragon caches ticking all expansion, they introduced them after you had already burned out on world quests. so fuck em

Deleted
    Got the HM Moose finally some days ago. Now, only 2 Elekks remaining and I am already fed up with Argus. I hope, they will not continue this system in the next expansion. This is so exhausting.