Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Locks are RIDICULOUSLY tanky. In raids, there's no end to the mechanics we can just outright ignore or mitigate to incredible degrees. Outdoors, we come with a pocket tank and are our own personal healer, meaning we are nigh-on invincible against anything PvE can throw at us.
    I just gonna assume you dont raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    <snipped>
    Enjoy your ban
    Last edited by Woz; 2017-10-19 at 12:05 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Enjoy your ban
    Banned from MMO-Cancer... Oh how will I survive?

lol what. I play demo, i can pull 20-30 mobs and i'll never die. Nor my pet will die (i use felguard with the aggro on).

You cannot die as a warlock no matter which spec.

If you're having trouble on Argus, then it just means you suck hard.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, if you're dying on Argus with at least 880 ilvl and you're playing responsibly it's just because you're doing something wrong. If you're dying at all and you're above 915 you're just shit.

Without a word of a lie you can aggro as much as humanly possible on Argus as either Destro or Aff and finish the fight at full HP.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    , when they have hands down the best mobility toggle/ability in the game.
    Lol no. Let's not start making things up.

Also, let's not try and pretend warlocks don't have the worst mobility in the game - it's just fine because of our tankiness.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    Lol no. Let's not start making things up.

Also, let's not try and pretend warlocks don't have the worst mobility in the game - it's just fine because of our tankiness.
    Pot & Kettle - The Return.

Warlock mobility isn't "the worst in the game"; neither is it the best. What it is, is decent, reliable, and excellent once proactive/predictable movement is required. The tankiness is a different story, though of course tangentially related to mobility (if you don't have to move because you can take hits, that's pseudo-mobility in a way).

I'm a bit surprised people hate on Burning Rush so much. A toggleable, no-cooldown movement ability and yet people call it "the worst in the game"? Is it because of the damage? When does that actually matter, though? Do you routinely find yourself in situations where you have to run more than 5 seconds at a time? Could that be fixed in some other way, maybe? Or is it because it's a talent?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Rush is outright amazing in raids, exactly because it's no CD movement boost. Problem is it conflicts with survivability talents, that sucks.

But it's no understatement to say that it's the best mobility skill there is squarely because it has no CD and whatever duration you desire while HP loss in raid setting is not a problem.

Players have the assumption that certain classes/speccs have no or very bad mobility. When in fact, they have some, decent mobility. The feeling that occurs is because, some other speccs/classes have a ridiculous amount of mobility options in comparison. That leads to the whole thinking: "My class is bad/has bad mobility" etc.

Blizzards just needs to reduce the stupid mobility of some classes to get them back on a normal level. When they buff other speccs/classes we get back to situations when rogues could outrun you by foot while you are on a mount... that was the most broken shit ever.

Deleted
    I think that it could be great if warlocks could switch places with their demons instead.

But then, probably, other class would whine that warlocks are OP

Quote Originally Posted by Demoros View Post
    well the only thing i'd really like for locks, other than better tier bonus for t21 and baseline burning rush (or demonic skin), is some (stronger if we already have) passive pet healing skill that heals our pet for some % of our damage, i'm bored to hell to have to stop dealing damage to heal my retard pet because of the dumb mind used to make its logic fighting style if that's not possible an instant pet summon ability could do that!
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=108366

Deleted
    Can't believe you are all falling for it. Please just look at his post history.. come on.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    Burning rush is a joke where it is, you give up too much survivability for a movement increase.

Warlocks just need an out of combat speed increase to help with running back, dungeons etc. Other than that, I much prefer our current tankiness over anything else. Feels much more warlocky than previous expansions. (Assuming you're affliction).
    Pro Tip: Use fighter chow with burning rush for out of combat move speed. It heals up the damage so you can burning rush almost infinitely. It's amazing for areas where you can't mount up and still want to travel fast.

Deleted
    Destro main the entire expansion and this is fairly mindboggling to read. Warlock prepared movement and baseline survivability is among the strongest in the game for a DPS class, I literally can not die on my lock and can facetank any and all Argus elites because of how ridiculously strong soul leech absorb shields are.

In raids you figure out where your portals and gateways are supposed to go and then it's plain abuse time ahead.

With your defensive cooldown(s, if you have that talented) used actively with strong burst damage/havoc to knock out mobs you're practically an immortal.

I actually died on Argus as an Aff lock, one or maybe more of the casters in that corner of the wastes near the ship have a stacking debuff that makes them hit really hard, but they had also killed my Blood DK with Pyrdaz one time... I just forgot that they were nasty and instead of playing just randomly smashed buttons like everywhere else on Argus.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    My lock on Outland EU Riversong is destruct spec. I can pretty much solo all the rare's
    PVP is a total farce though. Its at the stage I just stand there and let them do it quicker.
    haven't really played affliction since 2008, but I'm seriously thinking about changing spec to see if that helps
    on the PVP front.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Locks are supposed to be immobile but tanky, so the lack of mobility isn't so much the issue as opposed to the lack of tankyness this xpac to make up for it.
    And thats funny becuase mages have much better defensives and even immunities.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Tanky? They die in two hits if voidwalker can't aggro everything or dies.
    You sound really inexperienced with warlock, or you have terrible gear and are biting off more than you can chew. Actually, you just sound bad and this is a L2P issue, warlocks are super tanky and you have to be bad to die, even without gear. Warlocks also have great mobility, you just have to think about it and set it up.

Read up on the guides and practice playing your warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    You sound really inexperienced with warlock, or you have terrible gear and are biting off more than you can chew. Actually, you just sound bad and this is a L2P issue, warlocks are super tanky and you have to be bad to die, even without gear. Warlocks also have great mobility, you just have to think about it and set it up.

Read up on the guides and practice playing your warlock.
    I stand corrected, warlocks die in two hits if they don't pick Demon Skin. Very nice that they put the only speed increase locks have on the same row as the very thing that makes warlocks "tanky".

No they don't lol, you really are very bad at warlock and should read up on it and practice. You get a passive shield from your dmg output that is incredible. Nothing wrong with being bad at it, it's nbd, and the positive is that your experience will only get better as you learn to play it.