Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Easiest Rotation and Best DPS

Hey guys

Which class do you think has the easiest rotation and the highest DPS? I mean synergy between the two?

I tried Frost Mage at 110, and it seems super easy.

Thoughts?

Frost DK, Arms warrior, Havoc DH

DH, mage, warlock - especially affliction and two of the three hunter specs.

from what i read online, i would say BM hunter

From my experience I'd say Frost Mage, Frost DK, Retribution Paladin, Affliction WL are pretty easy with reasonable output.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Frost DK, Arms warrior, Havoc DH
    Frost DK and Havoc DH are nowhere near "best DPS", as the OP asked.

Quote Originally Posted by WurstKaeseSzenario View Post
    From my experience I'd say Frost Mage, Frost DK, Retribution Paladin, Affliction WL are pretty easy with reasonable output.
    Your experience is pretty lackluster.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't understand why people always suggest MM hunter

it's quite unusual and doesn't seem easy to me if you want to play it properly.

if you fuck something up your dps is gonna tank really hard due to it being an actual rotation and not a prio system
    cant just press buttons flash up
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-10-22 at 11:41 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Unholy DK and Havoc DH.

For Havoc it's "Hit CDs" followed by felblade, chaos strike, and blade dance whenever you can.

Unholy starts out with "Build up 6-8 Festering Wounds, Use Apocalypse, use Army of Dead, Build Wounds, Break Wounds, Build Wounds, Break Wounds."

Havoc DH Frost DK and Hunter BM

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Havoc though does crap dps so it cannot really win. And Unholy is still more complicated than Arms or Affliction, both of which do quite more dps than it does.
    They don't read the thread mate don't worry Even a short sentence is too long for them. Also the specs these people suggest as easy while probably not even playing them... I just can't.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean many of those suggested are fairly easy indeed. They also suck though.
    That's my point. OP wanted a balance of being easy to play but very strong. Havoc is easy but it's very weak. Unholy is the exact opposite of easy, while not exactly being cream of the crop either.

I mean, none of the specs is rocket science, thing is, we are comparing them all by wow standards. Some are braindead compared to some others.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    Frost DK and Havoc DH are nowhere near "best DPS", as the OP asked.
    First of all, it is you who can't read. He clearly asked for correlation between two factors: execution and result. DH may not be THE best dps spec around, but it is doing comparable damage while having insanely easy to follow rotation.

I think when it comes to dps for difficulty of play, I guess affliction wins for having very high (the highest?) dps for a relatively easy rotation. Arms would be close behind (nearly as high dps, probably as easy rotation)

A lot of people here seem to have reading comprehension issues; not much point saying a spec is so easy to play when it is also in the bottom half of the logs or worse considering that is not what the OP is asking, they are asking which spec gets the most dps per their skill level.
    yep. seems half of ppl even cant read. sadly.

I'd say Boomkin, really. They're a very very desired DPS to have in a raid these days, and there's no RNG to their rotation whatsoever.

That's my point. OP wanted a balance of being easy to play but very strong. Havoc is easy but it's very weak. Unholy is the exact opposite of easy, while not exactly being cream of the crop either.

I mean, none of the specs is rocket science, thing is, we are comparing them all by wow standards. Some are braindead compared to some others.
    maybe most ppl dont have exact pictures in mind when it comes down to what the word „relativity“ stands for

5+ Year Old Account
    Havoc though does crap dps so it cannot really win. And Unholy is still more complicated than Arms or Affliction, both of which do quite more dps than it does.
    They don't read the thread mate don't worry Even a short sentence is too long for them. Also the specs these people suggest as easy while probably not even playing them... I just can't.
    I mained a Havoc DH through EN, NH, and in TOS I swapped from DH to UHDK because that damage bonus tho. Admittedly, I was in a fairly casual guild, but even before I got my full set bonuses I was easily pulling over a million DPS ST or AoE when we started progressing into Heroic.

If you want Easy and Best you're not going to find it. My position is that Havoc is the Best of Easy. Or Easy of Best. Depending on your point of view.

It's a very forgiving spec, since you can backflip or dash out of or past Bad, and if you're firing off Felblade whenever it pops you auto-face to the boss even when the tank is moving them.

The best DPS classes are going to be played on the cutting edge, 9 times out of 10. Milking every moment of every cooldown and taking advantage of every proc and debuff to ensure you maximize your damage windows.

Next Raid Tier will shake things up a bit, I think. Since Havoc will become a completely different build focused on eyebeams. We'll see where the chips fall on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    First of all, it is you who can't read. He clearly asked for correlation between two factors: execution and result. DH may not be THE best dps spec around, but it is doing comparable damage while having insanely easy to follow rotation.
    i think your stomach feelings try to dictate you a logic here that dont exists if you make a table, and put in 1 point for every difficulty input inc and 1 point for every dps output result, then your DH isnt at the same niveau in the end, than i.e. AFF. your second sentence says what is requested here, but then you drive that soft away with a nonsense argument strange post

example given. what you say DH still have „acceptable“ output while being piss easy. in numbers:

1 point for DH needed skill (10 points max)
    6,5 points for dps output (10 points max)

now lets look at mentioned AFF:

1,5 point for AFF needed skill
    8,5 points for dps output

see the difference ?

in real you exactly said the same thing as the poster you quoted, but dont want acceppt the relations and outcoming of that or assume different skill levels and output levels for other classes in mind.

or in your words: an AFF with insanely easy rota and very good output is just better than a DH with insanely easy rota with comparable good output.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-10-22 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Don't understand why people always suggest MM hunter

it's quite unusual and doesn't seem easy to me if you want to play it properly.

if you fuck something up your dps is gonna tank really hard due to it being an actual rotation and not a prio system
    cant just press buttons flash up
    I agree - MM is not among the easiest to play well at the moment. I'm not saying it's hard, but it's a lot more complex than it has been for some time. Some specs have simple "use this spell when it's off CD" priority, while MM at the moment is about building up focus and focus their dps in the vulnerable window. I just think it's a trend that has stuck, that hunter is "easy". I switched from MM to Havoc for some time during Nighthold, and it was so much easier it was funny.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you looking compared to the best theoretical dps and what the top 0.1% of players can achieve? If so, that doesn’t work as the top dps spec doesn’t have the easiest rotation. If you are looking for a dps spec that can still top the meters in many pugs with a simple rotation, BM hunter can get away with that compared to most classes. Its also highly useful in current raiding due to its ability to soak many abilities and never needing to stop its rotation on the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I mained a Havoc DH through EN, NH, and in TOS I swapped from DH to UHDK because that damage bonus tho. Admittedly, I was in a fairly casual guild, but even before I got my full set bonuses I was easily pulling over a million DPS ST or AoE when we started progressing into Heroic.

If you want Easy and Best you're not going to find it. My position is that Havoc is the Best of Easy. Or Easy of Best. Depending on your point of view.

It's a very forgiving spec, since you can backflip or dash out of or past Bad, and if you're firing off Felblade whenever it pops you auto-face to the boss even when the tank is moving them.

The best DPS classes are going to be played on the cutting edge, 9 times out of 10. Milking every moment of every cooldown and taking advantage of every proc and debuff to ensure you maximize your damage windows.

Next Raid Tier will shake things up a bit, I think. Since Havoc will become a completely different build focused on eyebeams. We'll see where the chips fall on that one.
    imo all of you can declare your arguments with whatever you want. you ALL are saying EXACTLY the same. the points every one of you set on skill or output of some class is what differs.

some of you saying input to output relation is better on DH. some saying input to output is better on AFF. you are all saying the same. only your values on input and output differ.

get correct number relations for output is very easy. go to warcraft logs and look at the middle value of a thousands parses. when DH have a score of 80/100 and AFF 90/100 then AFF has 10% more output (simplified spoken). this is the reality. the truth. this is easy.

but to get correct numbers for input (skill) is way more complex, because you cant just meassure it. and exactly there is the magic where you all differ.

result: in reality you are discussing here „what is easier, DH or AFF ?“

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NehmTH View Post
    I agree - MM is not among the easiest to play well at the moment. I'm not saying it's hard, but it's a lot more complex than it has been for some time. Some specs have simple "use this spell when it's off CD" priority, while MM at the moment is about building up focus and focus their dps in the vulnerable window. I just think it's a trend that has stuck, that hunter is "easy". I switched from MM to Havoc for some time during Nighthold, and it was so much easier it was funny.
    i dont played hunter this xpac (in past a lot). but i can say that its a reality in wow, ever has and ever will, that 100% ALWAYS a spec is harder when you have to pool a resource instead of play whack a mole.

so, overall you can say, if a spec have NOT to pool res (when there arent side things that make the cd blinking class harder) it is in 90-100% of all cases easier to play than pooling classes.

side note: you have to be careful here. ie arms is „called“ a pooling class. but not really played very pooled. compare a rogue to a arms in terms of pooling. rogue really plans ahead, get energy while doing nothing and then burst out. arms pooling is so marginal in reality game playing that it nearly not exists. otherwise arms wouldnt be that easy compared to high output. hopefully you get what i mean.

tldr: playing brain afk whack a mole is ALWAYS easier than pool and plan ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

Both Affliction and Arms are fairly easy specs to play. Havoc is easier still but neither is by any means hard. Both do extremely high dps. Thus a slight increase in difficulty results in a significant increase in damage giving them a much better dps to difficulty ratio than Havoc has.
    as i showed above, you both only differ in „what is easier to play“ to come to your different results.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-10-22 at 01:12 PM.