Before the Storm

Taking place after the climactic events of Shadows of Argus, World of Warcraft: Before the Storm tells the story of what awaits the heroes of the Horde and the Alliance in the wake of their struggle against the demonic Burning Legion.

Pre-orders for the next World of Warcraft novel by Christie Golden are open both as a hardcover and Digital eBook. The book ships on May 15, 2018.

https://www.amazon.com/Before-Storm-...5a2bb56c6dec2b

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, the title is curious but the question is if we are to see it as a storm of force, or storm of nature.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hmm, the title is curious but the question is if we are to see it as a storm of force, or storm of nature.
    Or a literal storm... like Azshara and her Naga using Neptulon's Trident to screw over Azeroth with tidal waves and thunderstorms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Taking place after the climactic events of Shadows of Argus, World of Warcraft: Before the Storm tells the story of what awaits the heroes of the Horde and the Alliance in the wake of their struggle against the demonic Burning Legion.

Pre-orders for the next World of Warcraft novel by Christie Golden are open both as a hardcover and Digital eBook. The book ships on May 15, 2018.

https://www.amazon.com/Before-Storm-...5a2bb56c6dec2b
    We will all be ported into the Nexus.

- - - Updated - - -

I assume it's just half of the proverb "the calm before the storm"... meaning that it's quiet now, but something is coming. So I'd go with storm of force. So it just as well could be related to any kind of threat, even a faction war.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    So basically, the prelude to 8.0 - coolio.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Or a literal storm... like Azshara and her Naga using Neptulon's Trident to screw over Azeroth with tidal waves and thunderstorms.
    That is what I meant with nature. As to answer below as well, as @Anduin Menethil added the other half.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I assume it's just half of the proverb "the calm before the storm"... meaning that it's quiet now, but something is coming. So I'd go with storm of force. So it just as well could be related to any kind of threat, even a faction war.
    Storm of force could be that of the faction war starting up again, or us being at the barricades vs. the Voidlords/Old gods.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...88708119379968

No answers untill Blizzcon.
    She liked my "Will there be some great female characters" tweet though.

Deleted

Storm of force could be that of the faction war starting up again, or us being at the barricades vs. the Voidlords/Old gods.
    Yeah it could also refer to a Void Storm.

7+ Year Old Account
    30$ kindle ebook? hopefully placeholder...
    Edit: or maybe geographical settings are screwed up, because WoWhead's screenshot is at 14,99
    Last edited by Mahmeya; 2017-10-22 at 08:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was posted in the 8.0 thread, the title is blue which can he a hint of water. If it was void stuff it would be purple. Although the cover isn't final the title formatting could be.

Cataclysm 2.0/World revamp basically confirmed at this point then

There was also an original image called "Lightning Crashing" on the cover, which points to Jaina or Wrathion (who both have some of the Thunder King's power).

I'm willing to bet Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Thulvaso View Post
    This was posted in the 8.0 thread, the title is blue which can he a hint of water. If it was void stuff it would be purple. Although the cover isn't final the title formatting could be.

That's just an edited wrath of the lich king logo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Yeah it could also refer to a Void Storm.
    Indeed but would still be under storm of force, but I am not disagreeing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    Cataclysm 2.0/World revamp basically confirmed at this point then
    yeah no thats not what happens.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    SOUTH SEAS IS HERE BOIZ.
    marking this for blizzcon.

I wonder if this implies that the next expansion will have the word storm in it?

This is the best 'leak' we have had.

Before Cataclysm we got The Shattering so this pretty much preludes what the expansion will be.

WoW cool more DLC lore that's not included in the fucking game!

I just love being asked to pay 15-25$ CAD if I want to know first hand what the fuck is happening in the game I pay full expansion price for and 18$/month fees!

Fuck Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...88708119379968

No answers untill Blizzcon.
    She liked my "Will there be some great female characters" tweet though.
    Who the fuck cares as long as it's good?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    WoW cool more DLC lore that's not included in the fucking game!

I just love being asked to pay 15-25$ CAD if I want to know first hand what the fuck is happening in the game I pay full expansion price for and 18$/month fees!

Fuck Yeah!
    There will be a decent TLDR on wowpedia within a week from release, if you don't want to pay for the book...