Poll: What do you want to see most in the next expac?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

SUB races vs nornal races

So with all this talk about races and sub races, im curious, what do the people think, what do you the fans truly want in the next expac cuz its safe to assume were getting something relatiing races. Its too soon for a class atm. So pick and decide!

Well, the last 3 races added have been really unpopular. I think it's probably better to give additional customization to races people already like than to add more races that people won't play.

Deleted
    i like the idea of subraces as well, but if i had to choose, itd be ogre vyrkul for now

Deleted
    We have enough races for now. It's time for sub races. Those should be easier to implement than completely new races, that means we get way more new sub races that we would get new races

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    We have enough races for now. It's time for sub races. Those should be easier to implement than completely new races, that means we get way more new sub races that we would get new races
    yea i guess, but sub races are also possible regardless of expanison, while specific races, if they were ever to be introduce would have to be at their respective themed expac

7+ Year Old Account
    My primary issue with subraces is how you implement them; Are they secondary customization that can switched on the fly via the barbershop? Do you need to create a new character for them? Are they unlockable and once locked in are you stuck with them? etc. There are a lot of complications with subraces, but beyond that they seem like an extremely intelligent design decision.

That said still more interested in Naga, as they are by far my favorite Warcraft race and they offer so much more than subraces do for the narrative possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Sub races are more interesting imo.

Especially since recently added races have been so droll. I hardly ever see Goblins or Pandaren in horde groups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    My primary issue with subraces is how you implement them; Are they secondary customization that can switched on the fly via the barbershop? Do you need to create a new character for them? Are they unlockable and once locked in are you stuck with them? etc. There are a lot of complications with subraces, but beyond that they seem like an extremely intelligent design decision.

That said still more interested in Naga, as they are by far my favorite Warcraft race and they offer so much more than subraces do for the narrative possibilities.
    yea naga are dope, reptillian race. just gotta fix dem legs lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Etheral by far Subraces will not really give any new content, just more options for your race-skin. New races always increase the variety in the world and gives a new starting zone Sure, they did fuck a bit up with the pandaren, but i think they can make it better if they actually make a race for each faction, that can have a noticeable impact on the layou in each faction. When Worgen and Goblin was added in Cata, the Horde changed around the new tech made by the goblins and the Alliance suddenly had something fierce looking in its ranks.

So would love if the Ethrerals and some other race joined the playable races Subraces is a cool thing, but nothing compared to adding new playable races.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    and as far as ogre and vyrkul, ogres are basically already in the horde, just need to be activated, and vyrkul if they were to become a race would be alliance obv.
    I beleive the halloween masks are maybe foreshadowing even tho not all of them will become races, cuz atm the ones that arnt races are naga murloc ogre and vyrkul

- - - Updated - - -

these 4 races are the most probably imo, i doubt murlocs would become playable

7+ Year Old Account
    Would love to see Arakkoa, but i have a feeling it wont be happen this time, maybe in one of the next expansions. Voted for Naga, because i'm not sure about Subraces. If we just get what was leaked, it would be a bit boring and underwhelming for me and i'm still not sure what some other Races could get as a Sub-race, but maybe i will be surprised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    Would love to see Arakkoa, but i have a feeling it wont be happen this time, maybe in one of the next expansions. Voted for Naga, because i'm not sure about Subraces. If we just get what was leaked, it would be a bit boring and underwhelming for me and i'm still not sure what some other Races could get as a Sub-race, but maybe i will be surprised.
    kind of on the same boat, i think subraces could be cool but at the same time im like idk. New races however have always been hype except maybe pandaren lol

There isn't a nothing option to that is it?

I feel that subraces will be very meh... for me

Naga... it just feels very clunky play-style on my head

Ogre... same as naga

Etherial... I am so and so with it.

I don't really understand subraces. There's either the ones that are an existing race with new customization options e.g. Lightforged Draenei and Gilnean Humans, and then there are the ones that have completely different bodies e.g. Broken and Nightborne. Which of the two are we expecting?

I definitely want Ethereal first though

Deleted
    I am up for it if you level to 115-120

Finish some sort of "race quest"

Then you unlock that subrace for your char creator

Ethereals will be a new race for sure. Just not for the next expansion if the "leaks" are somewhat true. When we are going into outer space, then they'll join us. If Azeroth is the place to be in next expansion, it wouldn't make much sense.

If not their planet suddenly does get destroyed and they are crash landing into Azuremyst Isle and then joins the alliance. Whoops, been there.

Never know though, blizz has put a whole expansion out of their ass before, they can do magic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    I think they would be added to barbershop so you can change your skin etc. It'd be a -really- retarded move if they added it and then you'd have to pay for changing your toon to the new options.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Well, the last 3 races added have been really unpopular. I think it's probably better to give additional customization to races people already like than to add more races that people won't play.
    Pandaren, Worgen and Goblin? They are far from unpopular. I see more of those than I've seen Draenei.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

IMHO, we have enough races that are quite different from each other, way more than in other MMORPGs, however, WoW seriously lags behind any other MMORPG in customisation department.

Addition of customisation options and sub-races may help to fix or at least address the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    So with all this talk about races and sub races, im curious, what do the people think, what do you the fans truly want in the next expac cuz its safe to assume were getting something relatiing races. Its too soon for a class atm. So pick and decide!
    Honestly? I would be fine with Subraces or Ogre/Vrykul races.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..