Poll: Do you enjoy the taste of beer?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Of course I do. Beer is such an amazingly complex beverage and I'm utterly blessed to have been born and raised in Belgium where getting exposed to a large variety of excellent beers is something that happens naturally.

I don't hate it, but it tastes like liquid bread.
    I prefer a sweet taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

I like beer, dont like stronger stuff or wines.
    Proper beer, not the american stuff.

Yes, especially IPA.

I find most beer to be too bland. Like trying to drink a slurry of sour oats. At least it's tolerable with pretzels.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Belgian beer is the only one that I actually like. But anyway I only drink with others, never alone.

Never liked beer. Would never order it myself or even drink it with friends.

Whisky, vodka, or rum: meh, not a fan, but I'll drink them. (mileage may vary)

Mead and cider: Actually do like and would actively order.

In general I don't care for alcohol, and because finding mead/cider is on the rare side of things, I usually end up drinking whisky/vodka/rum with friends. Beer though? None of the beer I've had has tasted any good, and it's too filling with how much you get. If I'm in a situation of getting drunk with friends, I'd drink liqueur.
    Last edited by Zookz25; 2017-10-24 at 12:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one I've liked so far is Blue Moon Belgian White. Deux Equis Amber and Redd's Apple Ale was alright.

Deleted
    Belgium here,most of you guys don't know what beer is. Keep drinking your catpiss.
    Btw even important issent the same, example Stella Artois shipped to the US gets sweetened etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    The only one I've liked so far is Blue Moon Belgian White. Deux Equis Amber and Redd's Apple Ale was alright.
    Wtf is blue moon Belgian white?
    You get my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Of course I do. Beer is such an amazingly complex beverage and I'm utterly blessed to have been born and raised in Belgium where getting exposed to a large variety of excellent beers is something that happens naturally.
    High five!
    Last edited by mmoc5dbd52a5f1; 2017-10-24 at 01:38 AM.

you have to find one that taste good to you.

i have yet to find a good craft beer. most taste disgusting, barely drinkable.
    and out of the hundreds of name brands i only like a few, but the ones i do like i could drink them by the jug.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    Not as surprising as one might think. There are two main varieties/families of coffee beans -- Arabica and Robusta.
    While Arabica beans have an acidic, sweet (relatively) and fruity taste, Robusta has a deeper earthy/bitter (but also cocoa-y and chocolatey) flavour. Usually blends of the two are common.

From what you said I'd guess that you like the flavour of Arabica more .
    so I literally just went to check the bean types on my fave bags of coffee and you are right! all of my faves are arabica - both flavored and unflavored. I never really realized, I just knew that certain coffees I adore, while other kinds don't taste good to me O_O

and now I'm genuinely curious. how would you and science explain my undying love for dark chocolate? I don't like milk or white, and most american brands taste varying degrees of too sweet and often also too waxy (dove dark is probably the only one I find enjoyable. still a bit too sweet, but at least I can actualy taste the cocoa) . my fave at the moment is https://www.amazon.com/Moser-Roth-Ch...dp/B01MSY21OL/ 85% version is a little too dark, but 70% is just right.

all that talk of dark beers having chocolaty flavor and there's me, chocolate addict.. not liking them? O_O I know that taste is genetic, I'm just confused as to how these seemingly conflicting tastes can coexist in the same person

Mallcop couldn't wait out his ban to post more shitty consumer surveys huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    It always baffles me when someone calls dark chocolate bitter. I'm also a huge fan of dark chocolate but don't find it bitter at all, and don't like those beers people are calling 'chocolatey'.

Taste buds are weird.

Beer needs to be cold to be tasty

I don't have a problem with the taste its just that after a few sips I feel like throwing up, I don't know why. I've tried all kinds of beer to see if there is one I can drink and not feel like throwing up, the closest I've come is Red's Apple Ale. I usually drink wine or liquor since they don't give me the same problem.

Dislike all beers that I've had, but I've never had a dark beer, like a stout, but I'm guessing it sucks since nobody I know has ever had one in my presence. I don't like wine or champagne/sparkling wine either. I can shoot hard alcohol no problem, but I can't even bring myself to drink a few sips of beer from beer pong.

I hate beer, I don't drink enough for it to effect me with its tastes and when I do drink i prefer better tasting beverages call it "girly" but I'd rather get drunk on something that tastes good than drinking warm piss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone (most?) people drink beer for the purpose of getting drunk. I hate getting drunk; I'm about as far from an alcoholic as one can get short of teetotaling, and I quite enjoy certain beers.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    It always baffles me when someone calls dark chocolate bitter. I'm also a huge fan of dark chocolate but don't find it bitter at all, and don't like those beers people are calling 'chocolatey'.
    I like dark chocolate (it is really the only chocolate I like) but I do feel it is bitter, at least in aftertaste. I mean, part of what defines it as dark chocolate is it doesn't have the milk and is less sweet. I think you can get sweetened dark chocolate but that's not the standard.

But I absolutely loathe chocolate beers, even though they are almost always stouts and porters which are otherwise my favourite types of beer.

Loathe loathe loathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    sall that talk of dark beers having chocolaty flavor and there's me, chocolate addict.. not liking them? O_O I know that taste is genetic, I'm just confused as to how these seemingly conflicting tastes can coexist in the same person
    For me it's two things:

(a) It's too sweet for my tastes. For this same reason, I don't like bourbon stouts or other sweeter tasting beers like fruit beers.
    (b) I don't like the conflicting smell and taste. Chocolate beers often smell very chocolatey. No matter how much I like stouts, if I smell a chocolate cake and then my mouth tastes a beer, my brain is going to get pissy at me. It's the same kind of reason why it's startling when you accidentally sip the wrong drink.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2017-10-24 at 04:30 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

No. I've tried, some are ok though. But "ok" is "passable", I hardly ever finish a beer and stopped ordering them for that reason.

I can drink most wines, but I can't drink cider anymore--used to be able to, but now most are too sweet.

But I can drink moscato...? My taste buds are weird.

I don't like the taste of alcohol in general, I don't think I've tried beer specifically though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Don’t like alcohol in general. Or fizzy drinks like coke.

Makes people sideye me whenever I order something at a pub or restaurant.
    I have this problem - though I'm fine with fizzy drinks. Don't like orange juice or coffee though. Basically I'm ruled out of all the standard adult beverages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.