10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

real reason no killing is a rule

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Goku won't use the Super Dragon Balls to resurrect Frieza, Frieza himself said the Earth Dragon Balls will do.
    except Earth's dragon balls can't revive the same person twice, and i'd bet any amount of money you'd want the namekians would never let him use their balls to revive Frieza.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    except Earth's dragon balls can't revive the same person twice, and i'd bet any amount of money you'd want the namekians would never let him use their balls to revive Frieza.
    And Goku knew that! He was playin' Freeza!

Goku: Okay! Guess I'm gonna call the dragon and get Freezer revived!
    Freeza: Okay. Good.
    Dragon: Can't be done, did that already.
    Goku: Whoops! Looks like you're out of luck, buddy! Back to HFIL for you!
    Freeza: Noooo...!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Dende's balls can revive someone multiple times

15+ Year Old Account
    I know what you mean but it sounds so wrong :P

Actually no it can't only thing Dende did was allow for a second wish

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    Vegeta getting further character assasination by rescuing cabba and burned by Toppo in true DB fashion
    How is that character assassinatiin? Begets got far more compassionate in thee buu saga and after as he’s grown as a person after he had trunks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    How is that character assassinatiin? Begets got far more compassionate in thee buu saga and after as he’s grown as a person after he had trunks.
    his character assassination began halfway through the namek saga and has continued. completely irrelevant.

7+ Year Old Account
    his character assassination began halfway through the namek saga and has continued. completely irrelevant.
    So you just don’t understand character development then? Ok.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Actually no it can't only thing Dende did was allow for a second wish
    Not quite.
    http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_(object)
    When Dende became the Earth's guardian, he modified the burnt out Dragon Balls created by Kami, giving Shenron the power to grant three wishes (two wishes if one wish is used to revive a large amount of people). He chose simply modifying Kami's Dragon Balls over creating a new set because the time it would take to create a new set from scratch was far too long, especially given the imminent threat of Cell. In addition to this, Dende's dragon can grant one wish and then have the other wishes saved for a later time. This was shown in the Buu Saga, when one wish was made to revive all those killed by Majin Vegeta, and then Goku asked Shenron to save the following wishes. Therefore, only four or so months after Kid Buu's defeat, another wish was made to erase the Earthlings' memories of Buu. One obstacle that Dende could not overcome for the new set of balls is that, a person cannot be revived more than once. Like the Namekian Dragon Balls, the summoner must utter a set of words. In Dragon Ball Z, these words are "Eternal Dragon, by your name, I summon you forth: Shenron!" In Dragon Ball GT, right before the Shadow Dragon Saga, the words have changed to "Arise, Shenron!"

It is unclear whether Dragon Balls can revive artificial life or not. While Android 17 was revived during the Cell Games Saga, he started out as a human and was made into an android by Dr. Gero. Android 16, who was killed by Cell, was not seen again in the series even after the wish was made to revive all of Cell's victims.

Doesn't say if they can res a person a second time though.----- nvm read bolded.

Deleted
    So you just don’t understand character development then? Ok.
    we are having a conversation and because you do not like what i am saying , instead of giving your opinion you have insulted me over the internet LOL.

that says so much about you as a person. not wasting time on you. Hope you can sort yourself out in the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    we are having a conversation and because you do not like what i am saying , instead of giving your opinion you have insulted me over the internet LOL.

that says so much about you as a person. not wasting time on you. Hope you can sort yourself out in the future.
    It’s not an insult. You think they have been assassinating his character since namek either your ignorant of what character delopment is or you don’t like the deleopment so you right it off as character assasination when in reality it’s the exact opposite. Nothing in my previous post was an insult If you feel insulted it’s on you not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    I know what you mean but it sounds so wrong :P
    Atleast the balls are not inert this time.

Deleted
    It’s not an insult. You think they have been assassinating his character since namek either your ignorant of what character delopment is or you don’t like the deleopment so you right it off as character assasination when in reality it’s the exact opposite. Nothing in my previous post was an insult If you feel insulted it’s on you not me.
    that is a lot of writing to try and convince yourself you are not the problem. please stop quoting me now it is just sad listening to your denial. won't check again.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    that is a lot of writing to try and convince yourself you are not the problem. please stop quoting me now it is just sad listening to your denial. won't check again.

God I love irony.

Quote Originally Posted by genngreymane View Post
    i felt a disturbance in the ki........ As if the reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees of a million vegeta fan bois had surpassed any reeee before
    "sensu bean!"

Toyotaro really fucking hates goku

I wonder what character development @Dankdruid would consider to be good for Vegeta?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post

Toyotaro really fucking hates goku

- - - Updated - - -

My thoughts on the manga going forward

I think the manga will be better than the anime for the TOP. Only because of the fights and overall lack of characterization of most of the fighters. However I will miss some of the moments like Roshi's entire episode, Gohan v Ubini, Kale/Cualifla having a genuine friendship, Hit having a personality, etc in the manga.

I only say this because the manga is very bad at conveying any characterization. While the Botamo fight, and some of the frost fight in the Uni 6 arc were better, overall it was much weaker. The Magetta fight and Cabbe fight were forgettable. And Hit lacked any personality that we see in the anime. Yeah hes the strong silent type, but Hit literally makes jokes about screaming to power up. The fact that he can be kind of a smart ass and says cool lines is not in the manga.

As for the Future Trunks arc. There was no mystery. Goku Black was wasted, Merged Zamasu was wasted, etc. Sure it has some cool homages to Cooler and had some nice art work, but it just lacked a lot beyond looks. Hell in the anime Trunks knows hes fucked, but in the manga he like "hah oh well! "

Also many praise the manga for scaling, but honestly I think the scaling is more fucked in the manga. The manga restricted everyone in the Uni 6 tournament to be no question weaker than Goku/Vegeeta. Hell they made Hit at least a tenth the strengh of them. However in the anime, its arguable that Hit is SSB+ level as in he can fight against Goku using SSBKKx#. Which is why it makes sense for Hit to do decent against Jiren. Merged Zamasu was pure trash for scaling. Goku just needed to hold in Ki more to be just as strong as a fusion of.... a dark version of himself? Seriously that was dumb. Merged Zamasu in the anime was arguably stronger than Beerus which is why fusion was needed, and even Vegito took some hits.

But because Jiren is literally just a cocky asshole, I don't think the manga will mess that up. Although I am missing the whole JUSTICE! spam from Toppo.

This is not to trash the writer of the manga. He is working under very unusual circumstances. the manga is promotional and needs to go faster, and thus has odd pacing which does not allow for characterization, but he is playing to his strengths and advantages with his great artowrk. Since the manga is monthly, it gives him even more time to make some great art.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-10-25 at 02:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calculating power levels in Dragon Ball isn't really possible, since Toriyama hates the idea and only uses them so that villains can be surprised at how strong heroes are. I think it would best just to calculate it in how Toriyama gave out the power levels for Battle of Gods: Goku was a 7, Beerus a 9, and Whis 12. Goku is likely 8 right now, possibly pushing 9 with UI. I would put Zamasu fusion and Vegeto at 11, maybe 12. Hit is a low 8, and as Jiren is right now, 9.5, but I don't think he is able to hold that indefinitely.