Poll: Do you agree?

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post
    IS THAT YOU AMY?

You are what you are OK.

If you are a slanderous hater, then that's what you are, since that is how reality works YO!!!

Posting hateful, small minded, and EXTREMELY idiotic garbage like this simply won't change that OK, it really will not.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    The feel of loot has nothing to do with the game. It has everything to do with yourself and your own historical experience with loot. The first time you played wow (doesn't matter at which point in the game you joined) epic loot felt epic. The first times you experience progression of your character, it's going to feel fresh. After you've played an expansion or two, that's not ever going to feel fresh again, regardless of how difficult or time consuming they make obtaining a single upgraded item.

This isn't an atypical expectation, it's a pattern followed by nearly everything in our lives. When I first got to college, I found everything to be new and exciting. Things like going to the bar or club, going out to eat, other new social experiences. If you took the me of today, and put me back into the exact same situation of 15 years ago, I would do everything differently, strictly based off the fact that those things would no longer feel so exciting or new. Your experiences dictate everything, and those experiences are different for everyone of us. This is why your opinion on wow items, will only be similar to those with similar experiences to you.
    I keep hearing this over and over here, which means that this is almost surely Blizzard's position on this.

Here is the thing though lol, it isn't true AT ALL!!!

The proof, is that the game is OBJECTIVELY much different than it was back in the day!!!

And I got news for you there Blizzard:

The game is a tiny fraction of what it once was depth and complexity wise!!!

And you know why it's like that???

IT'S LIKE THAT, SINCE YOU FUCKING MADE IT LIKE THAT OK, YOU REALLY DID LOL!!!

NICE ALMOST TOTAL LACK OF A SKILL FACTOR YO!!!

HANDOUTS MUCH THERE???

HOLY HELL MUCH???

But let's not talk about that though lol, since it's the truth, and we all know full well what an aversion this horrible community has to the truth after all....
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-10-24 at 06:37 PM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Probably because this is more than just a WoW forum. Get a life you triggered basement dweller.
    Keep telling yourself that.

Blizzard you dumbed the game down to ABSURD levels, and it did GREAT damage to the game and community, and it almost killed WoW for good in WoD.

It's like that OK, if any of you like it or not.

Simplistic and idiotic game design much there Blizzard???

No player left behind???

Handouts much???

Extremely pathetic much there YO???

Try getting skill imo y'all, since DAMN you guys are ALL so bad compared to me, you really are OK.....
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-10-24 at 06:46 PM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think WoW is a bad game, but I will say that I have more fond memories of EverQuest and Ultima Online (and to a lesser extent Shadowbane and Star Wars Galaxies) than WoW. All of those games were in some way more difficult than WoW, but I think that lead to a more immersive experience. Just my two cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I have argued it, you just dont like it.
    It is a fact that there are more conveniences in the game, and more options to interact with players otherwise behind barriers such as realms.
    It was simply more inconvenient then to do the same things than they are now, but there is less willingness to actually do so.

Community is never formed by proximity alone, but by the intent.
    And that is now what is lacking, the intent to do something for someone when it isn't rewarding to yourself.
    Your argument is self defeating. There are more options to interact yet people don't - the conveniences which you admit now exist mean that people no longer need to interact. The more the game has become playable as a single player game the less interaction takes place. Why is that surprising?

You are in fact right in one way, it is ultimately the player decision but if Blizzard's aim was to increase interaction they misread their players miserably.

As you point out, they have remove the intent to interact because they have removed the reward for doing so.
    Last edited by mmoc93b0a7f85d; 2017-10-24 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    None of the reasons OP posted but there are other valid reasons:
    1. Artifact weapon (not being able to switch weapon in MMO)
    2. AP system (endless pointless grind) - illusionary content that forces you to do chores.
    3. Random item upgrades - another illusionary content that forces you do do chores

Yeah of course you can completely ignore AP and upgrades and stop doing world quests and M+ dungeons but then you realize you are far behind the others and besides that, this game has nothing else to offer.

I stopped playing wow, switched from semi-hc raider to maximum casual because guild was doing normal, heroic, mythic each reset just because "you may get upgrade". M+ were fun but only if you have your own group, which I didn't. Even "weekly best" with pug felt like a chore.
    The features you listed is why Legion is successful, it is what keeps many playing.
    Being rewarded with more power (AP and TF) from more or less any content, keeps incentives up and gives content longevity.

It is the first expansion that actually manage to keep older raid tiers current to this extent.

Im the first to say that older systems were better, without any nostalgia or rose tinted googles.
    I don't like changes in general, but the fotm whine about AP and TF is only coming from people who dont want to play the game.

Dont you think that the game(wow) had to change over the years? I mean, would wow classic work if it came out now? The same game. I highly doubt it would be as popular as it became and still is.

As the gaming culture changes, evolve or whatever, companies like Blizzard must follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    Don't mistake me, Legion is amazing, but there are something all over that makes World of Warcraft a Weaker MMORPG then it could be.

I can see why these 3 are Convenient and Comfortable, but they Remove the MMO (Multi-Player) feeling of World of Warcraft, and Transforms it into a Single player RPG, The Beauty of this MMORPG is its people and how easy and great it is to just stop for a while and talk to people.

1 - Remove Flying, Its makes people just fly around and never meet up (Make mounts more special and give them special abilies like in GuildWars2)

2 - Remove Heirlooms, these makes Low leveling way to easy (Give Veteran players a Heirloom Potion "40% more exp" so they can level as fast as they want and not ruin the game for New players)

3 - Remove Dungeon Finder Teleport to dungeon system, it makes it Hilarious easy and don't make people even talk since everything is all ready done (In Vanilla and BC, I made many friend just by running to the dungeon or Explaining/Showing for new people the way in, As of now we have the "PREMADE GROUP Finder" that is and Excellent Tool to find groups and Talk with people and get to know other players.
    Good ideas TBH. I think if you kept premade grps but removed group finder the game would definitely have a better more social feel to it.

Legion is pretty casual friendly and a lot of what made Vanilla/TBC feel the way they did was that it was very casual unfriendly. I doubt Blizz would make changed that would hurt the casual player due to what percentage of the game they make up but I think it would make the game feel a lot more genuine.

Introduction of pay to win ruined the game for me. Before I had to farm spots for rare items, mounts, pets, flasks, feasts and so on and sell on auction house - was my favorite part of the game. Now I can just buy WoW token for only $15 and sell it on auction house for 190,000 gold - instant win. I completely lost interest in the game. I do play the game but as a casual now, login to do new content and some dailies and maybe achievements, no new content - cancel membership, wait for the new content, repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Yeah, I have a wife, 2 kids and raid twice a week.. what's your basement looking like?

Dude, you are pathetic, go away.. Noone likes people like you that just go "NO, EVERYTHING SUX CUZ I SAY SOOO! And all must think like meeee!".. . Lol u are such a loser!
    The subs speak for themselves, go back to the basement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Keep telling yourself that.
    Ok? Thanks I will.

The subs speak for themselves, go back to the basement.
    Still running a successful life... still you have zero idea about the subs and the game does generate a shitload money!

Keep going pathetic one, you almost convinced a critter with you empty BS!

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Argument proved wrong time and time again, ppl who enjoyed it still enjoy the hell out of in on private servers that provide a near identical experience. Time has little to do with it.
    I'm pretty sure when people say the game is ruined, they mean we want from 12 million Subs to half of that. As much as I'm on the legacy side, atm, there is no 6 millions people playing it.

You don't think some people just left the game because they got tired of playing the same game for 6 years, c'mon...
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Deleted
    I still play the game and enjoy it, however i do not love it like i used to and that started with the removal of small things like the candles for buffs and ammo for hunters, and with the addition of LFR and the possibility to server/faction change that kind of killed the servers community. I want more rpg elements ingame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Still running a successful life... still you have zero idea about the subs and the game does generate a shitload money!

Keep going pathetic one, you almost convinced a critter with you empty BS!
    In the basement? I don't think so. I think it's you that has zero idea about the subs, keep convincing yourself they're at 10 mil. Game does generate money yeah, because addicts can't stop buying every little mount or pet that comes out that is a blatant cashgrab by Blizzard. Very clever of them though.

Only pathetic one is you mate, trying to convince yourself you're superior in some way because you play a dead game and ridicule people that no longer play it whilst lying to yourself about being successful. Good job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    I'm pretty sure when people say the game is ruined, they mean we want from 12 million Subs to half of that. As much as I'm on the legacy side, atm, there is no 6 millions people playing it.

You don't think some people just left the game because they got tired of playing the same game for 6 years, c'mon...
    But but the game is old yes whilst the game is old and that is definitely a factor, it is not the reason that the subs massively drop from 1 quarter to the next.

If people enjoy the game then that is fair enough, but trying to say it's better than the days of Wrath and stuff.. Yeah right.

TJ or Dawon, one of you will get infraction eventually, very disrespectful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    What Ruined World of Warcraft?
    Threads like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    People who think WoW is "falling apart". I know people who would kickstart World War III just to get a cash flow as big as Blizzard gets with WoW TODAY. How many people are running monthly paid subs on their games in the order of millions? How many 10+ years old games are actively being played by millions of people?

The elyte masters of forum data analysis love to point out how many subs have been lost over the years but dont account for the fact that WoW has been able to stay relevant in an ever changing industry for more than a decade. Thats unpresedented. That alone earns this game and Blizzard an eternal entry in the annals Video Game history. But Blizzard is a dumb company thats been run by morons who ignore the golden wisdom of the forums, right?
    There is no doubt WoW's revenue is impressive and so is its timespan, nobody is disputing that. The quality of the game however is much lower and a shadow of its previous self.

Yes there are idiots that know nothing about WoW and what should be in the game, but that doesn't mean that anyone that complains about it on the forum is an idiot, the forum has the players after all which generates the income for Blizzard. There are some players that know a lot more about the game than the devs do, I mean, you've got rank 1 players in Arena suggesting stuff to them time after time on how to fix the issue of X and it's the same with PvE, but they simply don't listen because they're not at the same level as the best players and therefore don't understand some of the decisions, or in the case of Hollinka (think that's the one) he just overruled everyone because "I AM DEV I KNOW BEST RAR RAR".

It's easy to call people on the forum morons, but some ideas suggested are leagues above what Blizzard has done or implemented and would have likely made the sub number be at a higher number today.

In the basement? I don't think so. I think it's you that has zero idea about the subs, keep convincing yourself they're at 10 mil.
    No one saying that they are still at 10 mil, you are the one claiming subs are low considering that - no one knows how my subs WoW have.
    If you do, you are not showing any source to your claims so we can trust you.

Game does generate money yeah, because addicts can't stop buying every little mount or pet that comes out that is a blatant cashgrab by Blizzard. Very clever of them though.
    Good assumption there fella.
    Only pathetic one is you mate, trying to convince yourself you're superior in some way because you play a dead game and ridicule people that no longer play it whilst lying to yourself about being successful. Good job.
    And you are insulting someone because they like a game you don't like and yet still wander in Foruns dedicated to said game.

But but the game is old yes whilst the game is old and that is definitely a factor, it is not the reason that the subs massively drop from 1 quarter to the next.
    Yes, age alone is not the single factor, Blizzard did questionable things(Wod), but you need to account for the change of interest from MMOs to Mobas and FPs which, by the way, are the dominants in Online game markets on this days, there is also the fact that people age, get married, got jobs and not everyone can keep playing.
    If people enjoy the game then that is fair enough, but trying to say it's better than the days of Wrath and stuff.. Yeah right.
    Well...comparing to another franchise, Pkmn Red/Blue/Green sold more then any main game from the franchise, but you can ask any Pokémon fan and they will say without a doubt that the latest games are better, visually, mechanically and so on.

Both games live because of Fans that love the franchise and both games were born during the Right time under the perfect circustances.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-10-24 at 08:13 PM.

In the basement? I don't think so. I think it's you that has zero idea about the subs, keep convincing yourself they're at 10 mil. Game does generate money yeah, because addicts can't stop buying every little mount or pet that comes out that is a blatant cashgrab by Blizzard. Very clever of them though.

Yeah, no.. If u would have followed the discussion, you'd know by now I have wife, kids and love this awesome game that have MILLIONS of subs and is pumping out content more than you pump out empty bullshit. Can't you (who is the REAL addict here, and you hate yourself for it apparently) not get into your head that the game is actually very good, people have fun and how much you personally decided it's dead... yeah it's not... only dead here is your pathetic arguments.

Get a life little sad one, accept that people can like something you dont and dont come claiming that just because you are addicted and hate the game you play, other actually play it moderate and love it! /Cheers, wont care more about you, have a family to tend to!

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop the bickering/personal attacks, guys.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)