The pet came with two mounts at the same time, so we may be seeing the Collectors Edition pet.

That Tottle shares the same encryption key for ArmoredRaptor and SeaBraidStallion, so all those 3 I guess are some kind of Hearthstone promotion maybe ?

Wow. Gratz on that find.

4 Color Variations is interesting. It already being in the files is also interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiven View Post
    That Tottle shares the same encryption key for ArmoredRaptor and SeaBraidStallion, so all those 3 I guess are some kind of Hearthstone promotion maybe ?
    3 Expansion Sets
    3 Promotions

But why this late?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Its just pet, chill out people.
    Guess which other "joke race" also started as a pet in WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    plz blizz make it happen(probably wont tho now that we have a mini pet of one)
    Just think about it, murlocs for one faction and tortollans for the other. :v

If Tortollans are the new playable race I'm gonna be so happy! I'm already excited for that pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    If they give us a free change, I'd imagine it to be a subrace change, not a race change. And even if you could change to another race's subrace, I doubt they'd let you change faction.

On a related note, Jaylock showing up in this thread earlier made me actually wonder if we could get both races and subraces. Alleria being the first of a group of Void Elves that end up playable would make more sense to me if High Elves actually existed as the base race that Void Elves are a subrace of. Void Elves being attached to the Night Elf background would then be a placeholder since the High Elf stuff isn't in the files yet, but if Void Elves are based on Alleria, I seriously just find it odd to attach a group of High Elves to the Night Elves.

(Edit: It took me so long to post this it seems a new development has occurred! XP)
    Pretty sure it's more of a race by itself than a Night Elf sub-race. The idea is to make 2 races cross faction. Eredar and Nightbourne go Horde while Void Elves and Highmountain Tauren go Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiven View Post
    How about digital deluxe, werent we able to buy legion after it was announced
    - He who moves first always wins -

If they do sub-races, do you guys think they'll have at least 1 unique racial skill per sub? While having sub races for the new skins would be cool, it'd be even cooler if each got a new skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge12309 View Post
    How about digital deluxe, werent we able to buy legion after it was announced
    Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Alliance and Horde mount, pet for both.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tortollan pet and the 2 mounts could also be for a HS south seas/other side expansion promotion
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    WotLK II Obviously. We can make WoW great again!
    As much as I liked Wrath, short of spending a lot more time in Northrend as part of questing, we've already done its retreads over the course of the last few expansions.
    Same with the other expansions and the RTS games (the latter less so).

It's time for something either completely different, or more akin to WC3.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    If Tortollans are the new playable race I'm gonna be so happy! I'm already excited for that pet.
    I'm telling you, man, similar bodytype to pandaren, and they would even work with the same animations (excluding the face), isn't that perfect for a subrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiria View Post
    Pretty sure it's more of a race by itself than a Night Elf sub-race. The idea is to make 2 races cross faction. Eredar and Nightbourne go Horde while Void Elves and Highmountain Tauren go Alliance.
    That would be bad beyond belief. Tauren in the Alliance lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if that's the case then that pretty much guarantees that whatever expansion we get will be pretty light-hearted in theme, similar to MOP. I can't imagine Tortollans in an expansion that looks as ominous and dark like "Tides of Vengeance" (yes, I know it's fake, I'm just giving an example).

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    That would be bad beyond belief. Tauren in the Alliance lol
    Care to explain why.

Deleted
    well its a sea related pet, ALL the signs point towards the sea
    sea expansion hype

I honestly thought Tottle was just this year's meme of the thread. That's pretty cool though, I think Tortollans would fit well into WoW but not as a playable race.
    Don't kill me for saying that.

All credit for linking up Tottle to being a Tortollan goes to Mibby in IRC (you know who you are in thread, I forgot in this excitement).

Stiven gets a ton of points for getting that filename! His next target is the Seabraid Stallion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    If they do sub-races, do you guys think they'll have at least 1 unique racial skill per sub? While having sub races for the new skins would be cool, it'd be even cooler if each got a new skill.
    Tortollans: Increased swimming speed.