Poll: What expansion price point would you buy new expansions at?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Lolnope.

I could justify pirating any future Blizzard games that interest me if they become that greedy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    oh it's jaylock.
    Why can't we upvote posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    oh it's jaylock.
    Does anyone actually know why he isn't banned?

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    You CANNOT be this dense. If you play the first year when most of the patches come out it's $50 +(12*$15) or $230. Learn to math. And go get something more meaningful in your life than trolling a forum. It's pathetic.
    The guy's profile pic is a bait meme. What did you expect?

Like someone said earlier: Why he isn't perma banned is a mystery. Although I'd guess it has something to do with the traffic he generates on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You think $50 dollars is over priced?

$50 dollars for hundreds of hours of entertainment seems like a good deal to me. Actually its a GREAT deal, which is why I really do think they could justify a price increase for their expansions going forward.
    but it used to be 40

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortus View Post
    Does anyone actually know why he isn't banned?
    Honestly, my theory is he's a friend of the mod, the site owner or someone. I have him on ignore for the most part, but every once in a while I succumb.

@Jaylock.

I don't see this happening now but I imagine in the future inflation may seriously kick in.

That would be £55-60 over here and well I've paid that digitally before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    You can't even find a physical copy of Starcraft remake.
    Do you have evidence that is no such thing if I go to gamestop? I bet you if I went to gamestop and asked them for a copy of starcraft remastered they would pull one off the shelves and hand it to me for $15 bucks.

Would you pay $400 for remastered PS1 knowing that it's the same price as PS4? I'm sure there are people who would drop that price on a classic console (cough NES Classic) but that isn't going to be good marketting for an old, static-content MMO that is expected to have a long lifespan.
    Apples and oranges.

A NEW expansion might as well be a brand new game because its brand new content and the game changes significantly. If your line of thinking was valid then we would call all Call of Duty, and Madden games just an extension of the original.

Price points don't matter as much as knowing the business model. Anything marketted well enough can sell, given that Blizzard is able to build a proper hype machine surrounding it. Again, I point at NES classics. It's the business model that will determine the long-term health of the game.
    Blizzard could very viable increase their pricing across the board and they would hardly see a dent in customer retention. Thats just how good of a company they are, and how good their games / products are.

Do you have evidence that is no such thing if I go to gamestop? I bet you if I went to gamestop and asked them for a copy of starcraft remastered they would pull one off the shelves and hand it to me for $15 bucks.
    Good luck with that. There was only one physical version for collectors, and it was only released in Korea. So next time you reply, do your research. Same said about your replies about the thread topic.

Like I said, PC games in general are moving way from physical media. If SC:R is the trendsetter, the only physical Legacy WoW you'd see is that $150 version you have listed. The demand would be so high and supply so limited it'd be like trying to get your hands on a Blizzcon ticket. Have fun E-baying that.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-10-25 at 01:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

You think $50 dollars is over priced?

$50 dollars for hundreds of hours of entertainment seems like a good deal to me. Actually its a GREAT deal, which is why I really do think they could justify a price increase for their expansions going forward.
    I don't pay 50$ for hundreds of hours of entertainment. I have to pay 15$ every month to do that. Playing for a year cost 230$ dollars.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 60€ it already costs is already on the verge of what I deem acceptable for a bona fide software upgrade.

I'm willing to pay $0 for WoW expansions.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Come back in 10ish minutes and observe the message. Read it as if it was from me. At that point, you will have the answer you want and everyone can move on. Sound like a plan?
    If that were the case you wouldn't keep responding now would you? It is called a discussion and I am discussing what you said. If you don't want what you say discussed then don't post. If you don't want to keep discussing what you said then don't respond.

It seems you can't have a basic discussion about why you wouldn't pay $80 for a game even when you paid $70 for one (repaying a gift of $70 is paying $70). A $10 difference isn't that great even for a game you still have interest in. It was already done once so why not a second time? If you can't answer then don't respond. I am looking for your answer not a made up answer I make for you. Try discussing like an adult.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You realize that eventually in the future inflation will take place?

Not now of course but games will inflate again at some point.
    Inflation is industry wide.

Unless every single game suddenly becomes $80 twenty extra dollars would bury Warcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

One developers suddenly charging an extra sum for their games isn't inflation...it's just greedy assholery.

I don't know. It seems like a pretty big increase.

/shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I don't pay 50$ for hundreds of hours of entertainment. I have to pay 15$ every month to do that. Playing for a year cost 230$ dollars.
    Its free for me, so my only expense is the expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alopex Major View Post
    I'm willing to pay $0 for WoW expansions.
    Good luck trying to play the game then buddy.

Don't lie, you'd still pay for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard decided to increase their New expansion pricing to the following amounts:

• $80 for the base expansion
    • $110 for the deluxe edition
    • $150 for the Collector's Edition

Would you still purchase the new expansions? Obviously translated into pounds and euros at the current rate if you live in Europe.

Personally, I would 100% continue to always purchase the collector's edition. At $150 you can be sure there would be some sweet exclusive statue or another physical goodie that you couldn't get anywhere else.

The Overwatch Collectors edition was $150 and it was well worth it.

I feel like with inflation lately and the world economy doing very well, Blizzard could justify a price increase in this manner. Also, sub prices have not changed since the game was released. The only change has been in Europe where the currency exchange rates effect the price of subs.
    But, they don't need to. The current prices are fine and can't really be compared to Overwatch as OW is B2P anyways. Though, I would looooooove if they brought back more goodies in the Collector's Editions.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I would by the CE as always

Considering Legion was ¨allright¨ for maximum 4 months. And we still paying 15$.
    I don't think they should increased the price for futur expansion, they should drop the price at 30$
    Let's face it, WoW is nothing new and nothing would justify a price increase on recycle shit.