The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post

So I was looking for stuff on the modelviewer and noticed that the void weapons got changed visually. Both the sword and the shield got a starry visual, the sword lost the outline and the shield's outline changed from pinkish to blueish.
    Not much of anything, but it shows they are still working on it, so it's not something they dumped.
    HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

Honestly that gear is WAY too good looking to be some level 5 white gear.

PLEASE don't let that be level 5 white gear that I can never transmog.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I don't think the starry elements are an Ethereal thing, i think they're a void thing. Don't know about the classes but I think it's possible they're starting weapons of sorts? maybe.
    Yeah stars have never really been an ethereal thing.

TBH they're more a titan thing if anyone's "thing."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

9 days, 12 Hours, 27 minutes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    Man, "Mayples" really fucking lost it.

This whole thing started when I explained to him that he couldn't just handwave or debunk the ToV logo using his mad photoshop skillz. His whole post came across as a humblebrag.

I told him that you can't just apply photoshop filters to pictures to magically figure out if they have been doctored - especially pictures within digital photos.

He then proceeded to make his own leak (for some fucking reason) and someone posted that false leak here. Then it spread like a disease.

THEN, Mayples tweeted that what he had made is fake - but he failed to mention that the original ToV logo had nothing to do with him, and people started assuming he had also created that logo.

Today he posts another humblebrag. He finally admits he didn't make the original but then complicates it again by claiming he knows it isn't real:
    "I did not make the original logo, but the logo is fake :/ Sorry."

Yeah it's probably fake, but don't make that assumption as though you're some sort of sage regarding the image. It's a goddamn digital photo. Anything goes at this point.
    I had a look at Mayples' tweet where he shows "how easy it is to fake a logo". His logo is absolutely awful and doesn't do anything to do show that faking a logo is easy. If anything, he shows that it isn't as simple as a lot of people seem to think. There's a lot of details in the original logo, none of which comes through in Mayples' logo.

We still don't have any evidence to suggest the ToV logo is real, but Mayples certainly hasn't done anything to disprove it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool of Locus Walker and Alleria found a new home for the last of the High Elves? Maybe they do that time-warping trickery and the void elves have been away 'training' for a thousand years?
    Please no.

Blizz needs to bury that along with the "only one Legion for all possible timelines" stupidity.

that gear looks nightborne to me.

it's got void shit on it though, but the curvature and the glowy magic along the edges just looks like all the nightborne shit.

Quote Originally Posted by maxiixam View Post
    Has this been brought up at all, I don't follow along day and night.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...yw&sh=5b9babd0
    I hope we can finally put Tides of Vengeance to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    I had a look at Mayples' tweet where he shows "how easy it is to fake a logo". His logo is absolutely awful and doesn't do anything to do show that faking a logo is easy. If anything, he shows that it isn't as simple as a lot of people seem to think. There's a lot of details in the original logo, none of which comes through in Mayples' logo.

We still don't have any evidence to suggest the ToV logo is real, but Mayples certainly hasn't done anything to disprove it.
    He has?

And he explained that his logo was rushed and that he could have achieved the same quality if he'd put more time into faking it.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-10-25 at 05:40 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that gear looks nightborne to me.

it's got void shit on it though, but the curvature and the glowy magic along the edges just looks like all the nightborne shit.
    Nah, it looks straight Night Elven to me.

Nightborne gear tends to be brighter blues and bluer purples. This is pretty clearly purple and gold. Also maybe it's just me but the "eyebrows" on the shield look like the eyebrows on the owls Night Elves use.

I feel like Void Elves will absolutely be getting a "zone" of some sort to make up for the other 3 subraces having their own locales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post

The purple of it matches the Ethereal purple. Plus maybe they updated the ethereal model because they're going to be a huge part of a new zone. Like say a starting zone.

- - - Updated - - -

I know where it would be too. That little zone in northern Lordaeron that's been unused forever.
    Oh, no, not the etheral thing.

The "time flows differently in the nether" garbage. Blizz needs to just stop meddling in time travel and general relativity. They aren't Einstein and honestly it just makes their stories feel cheaper and more ass-pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I feel like Void Elves will absolutely be getting a "zone" of some sort to make up for the other 3 subraces having their own locales.
    I hope so. That alone would go a long way toward giving them a sense of "belonging" in the world. Moreso than them walking in from a void portal randomly one day.

Plus their starting zone could be used to explain WHY they decided to give themselves over to the Void. You know, maybe an invasion? Of some shambling corpses? Maybe back in, say, the Third War? Or maybe more recently during a certain Cataclysm?

I know where it would be too. That little zone in northern Lordaeron that's been unused forever.
    "Stratholme"? Because that's the only "unused" zone in Lordaeron I know (and we discussed this some months ago, it's really just Stratholme if you glitch yourself into it).

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Nah, it looks straight Night Elven to me.

Nightborne gear tends to be brighter blues and bluer purples. This is pretty clearly purple and gold. Also maybe it's just me but the "eyebrows" on the shield look like the eyebrows on the owls Night Elves use.
    yeah, i know it's whatever these void elves are. but the design itself looks nightborne. the color scheme is off of course. nightborne are silver.

Are there any Lightforged weapons missing from the "arsenal" achievement you get that could be used for starter Lightforged Draenei?

If there are different classes for sub races here are my guesses on the differences:

Horde:

Mah’gar/uncorrupted Orc: lose Warlock, gain Druid.
    Zandalari Troll: lose Warlock, gain Paladin.
    Highmountain Tauren: lose Death Knight, gain Warlock
    Nightborne: lose Death Knight, Demon Hunter, gain Druid. (Don’t think it’s that hard to conceive gaining Druidic culture with the Arcan’dor)
    Pandaren And Forsaken no sub race. Don’t think they’d add a 3rd elf in undead Forsaken even though it could fit.

Alliance:

Dark Iron Dwarf: don’t think they can change anything here since all they could gain is Druid and, lol. Could remove stuff (Paladin in particular) but don’t think they’d remove without adding.
    Vrykul: lose Rogue, gain Shaman.
    Void Elf: lose Paladin*, Druid. Gain Warlock.
    Lightforged Draenei: lose Death Knight. Gain Rogue (they’ve been doing hit and run vs Legion forever)
    Pandaren And Gnome no sub race.

*I think Nelfs get Paladins as a new class and I don’t think Void Elf’s will get it.

Gameplay is not the same as Lore. They can easily just make that little spit of land into a starter zone. It's always been a part of the High Elves lands.
    We're talking about this, right? Or do you mean another unused zone I don't know?

How do we know that it's part of the High Elves land when it's just Stratholme in game? Haven't really played the B11 zones for 6, 7 or 8 years now.

Are there any Lightforged weapons missing from the "arsenal" achievement you get that could be used for starter Lightforged Draenei?
    Idk if “missing” is the right word but one of the ranger Lightforged has a silver recolor bow of one of the WoD pvp bows

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    If there are different classes for sub races here are my guesses on the differences:

Horde:

Mah’gar/uncorrupted Orc: lose Warlock, gain Druid.
    Zandalari Troll: lose Warlock, gain Paladin.
    Highmountain Tauren: lose Death Knight, gain Warlock
    Nightborne: lose Death Knight, Demon Hunter, gain Druid. (Don’t think it’s that hard to conceive gaining Druidic culture with the Arcan’dor)
    Pandaren And Forsaken no sub race. Don’t think they’d add a 3rd elf in undead Forsaken even though it could fit.

Alliance:

Dark Iron Dwarf: don’t think they can change anything here since all they could gain is Druid and, lol. Could remove stuff (Paladin in particular) but don’t think they’d remove without adding.
    Vrykul: lose Rogue, gain Shaman.
    Void Elf: lose Paladin*, Druid. Gain Warlock.
    Lightforged Draenei: lose Death Knight. Gain Rogue (they’ve been doing hit and run vs Legion forever)
    Pandaren And Gnome no sub race.

*I think Nelfs get Paladins as a new class and I don’t think Void Elf’s will get it.
    I dunno, I feel like if Sub-races that that populous then odds are most of them are just cosmetic changes in character creation (Mag'har and Dark Iron skins being the obvious ones) and then having special race-class combos seems silly.

Though I will say I bet we get new Race-Class combos in 8.0.

I think that all those lightforged weapons we got for transmog are all the lightforged weapons there are but I'm going to check.

About the Tottle pet having 4 different colors: don't rep vendors have pets in different colors? Could be a rep gated thing.

Quote Originally Posted by nightyniteEU View Post
    About the Tottle pet having 4 different colors: don't rep vendors have pets in different colors? Could. Be a rep gated thing.
    And which rep would that be gated behind?
    Crimea is Ukraine!