Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Realism in a lord of the rings game though guys.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Realism in a lord of the rings game though guys.
    well yeah, just saying if you are going by "realism" with armor then what next. Anyway, I think leather only armor is fine or some kind of padded chain would be good as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Even that is still unrealistic no matter what armor you wear due to the restricted range of motion and how long swords are
    Believe it or not, there is a way. But not for any european style
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Agreed. Talion doesn't need that weighing him down. And before you shout, 'supernatural strength!' that doesn't change the fact his range of motion would be limited. He couldn't even reach behind his back to draw his sword.
    I mean the sheath used by Talion (and Geralt in TW2-3) is unrealistic to begin with, you can't draw a longsword from your back like that, it's just physically impossible, and there's a ton of clipping just to allow such a thing to happen. Plus, cloaks for people who get into hand to hand combat? That's just asking for someone to grab it. No helmet? Bye bye at the first glancing blow to the head.

Not saying you're wrong, but there's very little that is realistic in the first place about Talion and his gear. It's all about looking and being cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I mean the sheath used by Talion (and Geralt in TW2-3) is unrealistic to begin with, you can't draw a longsword from your back like that, it's just physically impossible, and there's a ton of clipping just to allow such a thing to happen. Plus, cloaks for people who get into hand to hand combat? That's just asking for someone to grab it. No helmet? Bye bye at the first glancing blow to the head.

Not saying you're wrong, but there's very little that is realistic in the first place about Talion and his gear. It's all about looking and being cool.
    Talion is a ranger. Direct combat isn't ideal at all. Stealth is his primary means of combat, and the cloak is because he is travelling and performing recon. Sure, you can always charge in like a knight, but it isn't really Talion's character.

do i need to beat first one to understand whats going on in this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    Nope, the minimal explination in this beginning is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Nope, the minimal explination in this beginning is all you need.
    ah cool, since i hear war's just a better game overall

10+ Year Old Account
    ah cool, since i hear war's just a better game overall
    You're doing yourself a disservice! Although to be fair I couldn't play both back to back, the combat is great for like twenty hours max. I'd get the first one cheap then wait for this one to drop in price...

Deleted
    Yes tell me about realism in a fantasy game where nazgul in armor are faster than you.

Come on guys.

It's about aesthetics, you don't have to defend everything.

And armors are not leather, there is a lot of plate in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mornmagor View Post
    Yes tell me about realism in a fantasy game where nazgul in armor are faster than you.

Come on guys.

It's about aesthetics, you don't have to defend everything.

And armors are not leather, there is a lot of plate in there.
    The Nazgul are faster because they can teleport. They also attack and walk way slower than you, that's how you beat them. dodge, attack attack, dodge. The Nazgul were not rangers, they were kings. When they entered battle, they did so as tanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    The Nazgul are faster because they can teleport. They also attack and walk way slower than you, that's how you beat them. dodge, attack attack, dodge. The Nazgul were not rangers, they were kings. When they entered battle, they did so as tanks.
    You teleport as well. You run faster than the wind with your wraith abilities. You also climb walls of fortresses like its nothing with or without armor. And you dominate beasts and orcs.

In the previous game you had the power of shadow armor, basically a skin, that covered everything in your body in armor, similar to the nazgul one, with smaller shoulderguards. You were still, a ranger.

Are you really trying to bring lore to defend this now? Even Faramir was clad in gondorian plate armor when they were ordered to take back the city. Different armor for different jobs. Wear plate to sneak? Fail. Wear leather for a siege? Die.

Anyway, i think i got my answer. All the armors (which have plate btw), are missing the same parts, all the armors almost look the same with different textures.

Cutting corners seems more like it, than lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mornmagor View Post

In the previous game you had the power of shadow armor, basically a skin, that covered everything in your body in armor, similar to the nazgul one, with smaller shoulderguards. You were still, a ranger.

Are you really trying to bring lore to defend this now? Even Faramir was clad in gondorian plate armor when they were ordered to take back the city. Different armor for different jobs. Wear plate to sneak? Fail. Wear leather for a siege? Die.
    Actually... you were not Talion with that skin.
    And again... Talion isn't wearing full plate armor.

Limb protection made out of plate wasn't common in real life either and why wouldn't we bring "lore" to defend this?
    Talion wears at most munition armour and not gear crafted to fit only him.
    Which means he has to wear whatever is available, and in the lore, Gondorian troops didn't wear full plate, and most of the them not even any kind of plate whatsoever.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-10-25 at 04:47 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    On the same note, in the Return of the King, it shows Gondor's defenders at the gate of Minas Tirith wearing full plate armor tho.
    Last edited by jermo22; 2017-10-25 at 07:10 PM. Reason: clarification

Deleted
    They are not full plate either, but if you really want to go by the movie, they don't wear legplates either during the parade etc.

The game more or less portraits them as Roman-like soldiers and not as Medieval knights in Gothic Plate-Armour.

Greaves + Breastplate + Spaulders + some kind of arm/hand protection and everything else covered in either mail and/or leather.

No Sabatons, Gauntles or even elbow protection.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-10-25 at 07:48 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless my view on full plate is distorted, The knights at Minas Tirith Gate 100% have full plate. Not saying your wrong but im just saying full plate does exist, just not as common as you think. The real warriors dont wear it ie boromir, legolas, aragorn, gimli etc. They much prefer movement over protection.
    Last edited by jermo22; 2017-10-25 at 08:06 PM.

Deleted
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/oPgOO

This is basically the type of armor they wear in the game and also the type and style you can wear, some are clearly made of metal some others are probably more likely to be leather.

And yeah, that picture doesn't feature "full-plate" armor which I can only assume means a full suit of plate armor.

This is a man-at-arms full plate armor and was only common in the late-medieval-era

Sabatons and Gauntlets (on top of all the other parts) are what separate plate armor (like a single piece Cuirass/Breastplate with shoulderguards etc. with the mail hauberk and leather gloves/shoes and so on visible) from full plate armor (where pretty much 99% of your body is covered by plate and you still wear padded cloth/mail beneath it)
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-10-25 at 08:35 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. So yeah my idea of full plate was distorted. Thanks for clearing that up my dude. Back to the subject of the game.... Has anyone found or know if its possible to get the Rohirrim armor in a legendary version thats actually usable?

Finally done everything until dlc comes out, got every achievement too. 83 hours, but a good solid 20 hours was spent on building good orcs and online play.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The goty of the first one is like 5€, and I would definitely recommend playing it first - it makes you appreciate the second one even more! (plus the first one is really good as well)