Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Are you aware that the Lightforged use an entirely separate model from the ordinary Draenei? That there were neither male nor female models for the Lightforged until recently? That some new data was added for two models to share the same skeleton or some shit? It's a lot easier for Blizzard to make a new model when it shares a skeleton and animation set with a preexisting race.

The current Nightborne model has no character customization options. However, they only have to add armor geosets and character customization options, and they're good to go. That's nowhere near as difficult as you might think.

With Forest Trolls and Zandalar, the current models are a little out of date anyways. Zandalar don't have player armor geosets, so they'd have to be remade. Forest Troll models are old. Same goes for Ice Trolls. If they're borrowing basic animations from races that already exist, the hard work is already done. It wouldn't be too difficult for them to cook up some female models to go along with the males, especially if Trolls will be relevant next expansion.

They've already shown they're willing to go that far with the Lightforged.
    Uh, no. The Lightforged are literally draenei with a new body texture and eyeglow. The horns and beards are separate facial options, which is the only thing that is really different. I'll give you that they had to spend time modeling and texturing those, but they can probably justify it with them being relevant in Argus as well as after Argus.

Now Nightborne NPC models? These aren't lacking that much. They have some hairstyles, mostly complete meshes (female models are missing modeled breasts because armor usually covers them anyway, so having those modeled would be a waste of polys - hell, they might even have an earlier version of the Nightborne model that is entirely intact), so they could probably be made into playable models.

Zandalari males could be, too. There is a bare base mesh under it. However, there is no female variant. This would mean that either they have to heavily alter the female troll mesh to fit with the Zandalari, or they have to create them from scratch.

You do also have a point that the fact that the skeletons and animation sets for them already exist is a good thing, as that's the most work, but don't underestimate modeling a new humanoid character and a bunch of hair/face styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post

Lots of wasted effort.

See above.
    Are you feeling it now Mr. Krabs?

Quote Originally Posted by metalgg View Post
    Be quiet and just give us riddles. Not the fake one. The famemonster chinese forum one. Logo stuff was never right before. Though I think it would be related to Kul tiras by gold's novel whatever.
    The only leak that was true was chinese forum riddle stuff. Give that to us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    >New Scripting Language

Literally not happening.
    Agree with you on this, but it would be a pretty sweet addition. Personally, I think it would cause more problems than solve but I like the idea of an "add-on IDE" sanctioned by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by FluxAureo View Post
    Doesnt make sense that we lose our artifacts in 7.3.2. If anything we would lose them at 8.0, to enter the new expansion areas or in a prepatch quest (and get passive/active abilities as replacement)
    This.

We won't lose our weapons in Legion, it doesn't make any sense.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    IIRC there were questions and comments from thread OP. Don't have them?
    I was in the thread. He only added more riddles to the same information.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Are you feeling it now Mr. Krabs?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiria View Post
    I really doubt that. Feels out of place and just lazy design.
    If you expect subraces to be anything but cosmetic choices, be prepared to be disappointed.

Blood Elves aren't a Night Elf sub-race and got pretty different racials. Why would Void Elves end up with the exact same racials as their distant ancestors as a customization option under Night Elves?
    Do not confuse gameplay with lore. Developers often make choices based on gameplay, then provide lore to back it up. In the case of the void elves, I bet that their voidy powers will allow them to simulate abilities akin to night elves' (and probably, in-lore, they'll have abilities that we player characters do not have).

Remember when Forsaken could drown, despite in-lore they didn't need to breathe? Forsaken should also have a lot of immunities and inhuman strength, if gameplay followed lore. (In WoW Beta, they did have a lot of immunities, which made them very overpowered, except against paladins, who could massacre them with their anti-undead powers)
    Worgen, also, should be terrifyingly resilient and fast, but in-game are not different from other races.

Do not confuse gameplay and lore.

These powers don't even come from the void, which makes it even weirder.
    They are not the same powers and do not have same origin. They just behave alike and will have the same in-game effects. Night elves Shadowmeld because of Elune's blessing. Void elves, most likely, will cloak themselves in shadows. Different powers, same effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Okay, my favorite shitposters. I'll be off to manage my band. Gonna copyright our songs and sign a few contracts. By the time I get back I want a whole bunch of datamining and leaking here. On page 1500 or later.

The game is on.
    There's lots of things I cannot do. But shitposting is not one of them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm actually starting to warm up to the idea of Void Elves. That is, if they are appropriately voidy (like Alleria's void form), and it's not just renamed High Elves or High Elves with a temporary void form racial.

One thing, though. It might get a bit heated if we have Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves as a part of the same faction. I mean, I'm far from complaining, but I doubt those two groups will be good buddies.
    Void elf is likely a code name for something tbh. Blizz ain't gonna call a race void elf just soubds crap and isn't trademarkable

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The void is literally the power of the void lords seeping into our part of the universe. I'm not saying it can't be used for good, but it is an inherently evil force considering the masters of it want to cease the existence of everything.

Vereesa and her Silver Covenant (The main faction of High Elves) expressed hatred towards blood elves because of how they were trying to survive.

Lor'themar kicked the other high elf factions out because they were causing trouble, trying to rile people up in the streets after their entire race had almost being wiped from existence. Basically trying to prevent a civil war. It was necessary at the time and he later apologized and offered them aid.

EDIT: Anyway lets can this discussion, it's the wrong thread for it.
    Void is just a force of nature, like gravity or electromagnetism. In WoW universe it is the other half of what generated the universe we live in. The Void Lords are beings of void, they're the ones you could call evil, but there's no such thing as a inhenrently evil void.

Vereesa and the Silver Covenant expresses hatred towards them due to everything that happened. They care very little about the fel usage itself.

I think you're trying too hard to blame the High Elves for everything. The "trouble" was saying that they didn't want to join the Horde because, much like Humans, they've put up with a load of crap caused by the Horde, not mentioning that they would be going against the Alliance, their former allies. He was afraid of a civil war exactly because of his choices, he was forcing people to use fel, he was exiling and mind controlling those who refused to use fel and didn't want to join the Horde. And he only decided to offer help after everything he intented was cemented in the new Blood Elf society. Theron shouldn't be seen as some kind man trying to help. You don't kick people out of their homeland or brainwash them, right in the middle of a magic addiction crisis, then later on, when it's convenient, shows up and offer help.

If there's one thing that would motivate High Elves to embrace the void, becoming Void Elves, is pretty much a permanent emancipation from both the Sunwell and the Blood Elf society. They won't have to rely on their good will or depend of that source of magic specifically. Void is literally everywhere. If they can feed off of it, it would be the freedom they need to completely cut any relations with Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    Agree with you on this, but it would be a pretty sweet addition. Personally, I think it would cause more problems than solve but I like the idea of an "add-on IDE" sanctioned by Blizzard.
    OP of this leak also mentioned new UI from Blizzard. In order it to work new scripting language may be required.

The point is - WoW UI and its scripting language weren't updated since Vanilla release (2004). Sooner or later Blizzard will be forced to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    Void elf is likely a code name for something tbh. Blizz ain't gonna call a race void elf just soubds crap and isn't trademarkable
    c'thun'dorei. :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Uh, no. The Lightforged are literally draenei with a new body texture and eyeglow. The horns and beards are separate facial options, which is the only thing that is really different. I'll give you that they had to spend time modeling and texturing those, but they can probably justify it with them being relevant in Argus as well as after Argus.
    No. I'm saying the Lightforged model is literally a separate model file from the standard Draenei one, not just additional skins and customization.

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    While I have no opinion on Void Elf being real or not...
    How are people stuck on the name being crappy as Void Elf, when we have High Elf, Blood Elf, Night Elf, Forest Troll, Ice Troll, Sand Troll, Jungle Troll, Sand Gnome, Leper Gnome, Mecha-Gnome, Iron Dwarf, Frost Dwarf, Fel Orc, etc? They're all literally an affinity/element + race. It's not some completely unheard of off-the-wall naming mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    No. I'm saying the Lightforged model is literally a separate model file from the standard Draenei one, not just additional skins and customization.
    Yeah, but that doesn't mean much. Afaik, so are the Highmountain Tauren - or at least the ones used for the subrace idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This.

We won't lose our weapons in Legion, it doesn't make any sense.
    Agreed - the Legion systems are too heavily tied into the Artifacts. It wouldn't make sense to go "And now you've lost your powers - but at least Azeroth is safe!" and then next week have to go raid Antorus again with your friends and have the same power in the weapon.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Was the Shadowfall leak ever proven to be fake?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Deleted
    Eh more I think about it the more shit dosent line up with void elves and light forged Dreani as anything outher than npc's and a name for alleria in files.

Gonna say it, my opinion is back with we won't see sub races next expac

Quote Originally Posted by Osiria View Post
    If there's one thing that would motivate High Elves to embrace the void, becoming Void Elves, is pretty much a permanent emancipation from both the Sunwell and the Blood Elf society. They won't have to rely on their good will or depend of that source of magic specifically. Void is literally everywhere. If they can feed off of it, it would be the freedom they need to completely cut any relations with Blood Elves.
    This is an interesting concept.

The problem with tapping into Void is that, while the energy itself isn't good or evil, you are putting yourself in risk of corruption and insanity. An strong-willed and trained individual tapping into such powermay be safe, but an entire race? It's dangerous to say the least.

I'll wait to see their actual implementation and story before passing judgement. Maybe becoming void-touched is not a choice, but something forced upon them. Or maybe they found a way to do it safely. I'm eagerly waiting for 7.3.5 PTR (probably only after Blizzcon) to see how that story will unfold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Agreed - the Legion systems are too heavily tied into the Artifacts. It wouldn't make sense to go "And now you've lost your powers - but at least Azeroth is safe!" and then next week have to go raid Antorus again with your friends and have the same power in the weapon.
    We can lose AW powers lore wise in Legion and technically in pre patch.

I don't think this expac is going to be as focused as people seem to think. We'll prolly have something similar to how legion went down with the multiple big story lines happening at once. Like the Emerald Nightmare being a zone and a raid.