5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Yeah. Way back in the day when the Draenei were not announced and blizz had only announced Blood Elves people leaked pictures of Velen and ingame screens of the Draenei starting area. The forums exploded. BLUE EREDAR WTF? ALLIANCE GETS DEMONS OMG WHAT?

God I love leak season
    I wish I played then but I only joined in the closing months of Cata so Mists was already in beta so all I've ever known 'leak' wise has been Azshara and the Void. I like the speculation and some of the expansion ideas people put forward make for a interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Oh yeah Blizz also reads this thread. Which is why, as I say like twice a day, I'm amazed they paniced and shut down the Kul'tiras and Zandalar names, but didn't scrub chrraces in 7.3.2.
    They haven't -really- had a chance yet. The only build that we've gotten since it got traction was yesterday's hotfix build and they didn't do a database update in that. For all we know they have been scrubbed.

You never know. Might turn out Blizz announces Ogres and Tortollans or something.

That's the fun of not having a valid leak, anything is possible, and everything could be a false lead.

Well except the Kul'tiras gear. That stopped being false when Blizz paniced and encrypted the name.
    Please stop saying "encrypted the name", there's no such thing.

Deleted
    Oh yeah Blizz also reads this thread. Which is why, as I say like twice a day, I'm amazed they paniced and shut down the Kul'tiras and Zandalar names, but didn't scrub chrraces in 7.3.2.
    Probably because they won't be playable races.

5+ Year Old Account
    Have there been any trademarks which we've missed/gone unannouced? Surely we are due one.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphetLord View Post
    I wish I played then but I only joined in the closing months of Cata so Mists was already in beta so all I've ever known 'leak' wise has been Azshara and the Void. I like the speculation and some of the expansion ideas people put forward make for a interesting read.
    I was just a kid back then so I didn't understand shit, lol. But I remember creating a Draenei shaman instead of going to outland because it was the first time you could play shaman on the alliance side.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuj View Post
    Probably because they won't be playable races.
    Lol, they probably just added Nightborne to Horde character select screens as an accident.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Yeah. Way back in the day when the Draenei were not announced and blizz had only announced Blood Elves people leaked pictures of Velen and ingame screens of the Draenei starting area. The forums exploded. BLUE EREDAR WTF? ALLIANCE GETS DEMONS OMG WHAT?

God I love leak season
    Not only that, there was a magazine or something that had printed the races for BC would be Blood Elf for Horde (which we knew at the time) and Draenei (for Alliance) which did not make much sense because we still only knew them as the swamp creatures in Swamp of Sorrows. The magazine shortly after decided to say that they had been wrong about their claim.
    Cosmic greetings, all, I'm the Raccoonatic Commander!
    Leowyld of Emerald Dream-US

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    They haven't -really- had a chance yet. The only build that we've gotten since it got traction was yesterday's hotfix build and they didn't do a database update in that. For all we know they have been scrubbed.
    I'm surprised they didn't do it yesterday, if our speculation is correct.

Since they obviously rushed to cover up the Kul'tiras armor, and caught Zandalar up in their haste (thus confirming it's South Seas more than Kul'tiras).

And like a week after the Worgen/Goblin masks were found Blizz added in Ogres, Naga, Murloc, and Vrykul masks to cover it up.

Odd that they'd let this sit around knowing that this information is out in the open, if it were legit.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Imho it was a scrapped race

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Lol, they probably just added Nightborne to Horde character select screens as an accident.
    That part is weird, but they could obviously be leftover experiments. Blizz loves to experiment with things internally and then sometimes forgets to remove them before builds go live.

Hell I think 50% of scenarios that are datamined end up being exactly that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leowyld View Post
    And it happened again somewhat with Mists of Pandaria. That got leaked months ahead of announcement? And Blizzard reacted by saying things like "in the past we've only used Pandaren in books, etc." Some weren't able to read between the lines and took that as an absolute denial of Pandaria happening, so we ended up with that now-amusing Told You So (i.e. Pandaren will never happen) topic on these forums (I wonder if that is still around)
    Yeah I always like it when the super loud deniers get BTFO. The people who always shout "X WILL NEVER HAPPEN OR GET ADDED TO THE GAME BECAUSE I SAY SO!" are irritating. It's one thing to be sceptical. But closing of your mind to something that you might not like or personally expected is foolish.

I also recall a healthy ammount of people screaming that Death Knights would NEVER EVER happen. And then Blizzcon happened.

Since they obviously rushed to cover up the Kul'tiras armor, and caught Zandalar up in their haste (thus confirming it's South Seas more than Kul'tiras).

And like a week after the Worgen/Goblin masks were found Blizz added in Ogres, Naga, Murloc, and Vrykul masks to cover it up.

Odd that they'd let this sit around knowing that this information is out in the open, if it were legit.
    All of the things you mentioned were during active PTR phases with regular content builds though. 7.3.2 is now live so we're not likely to get any real content builds any time soon.

Deleted
    Have there been any trademarks which we've missed/gone unannouced? Surely we are due one.
    Considering that the legion trademark did not appear i doubt we see one this time

Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    Imho it was a scrapped race
    I'm glad we had no new races from wod. Imagine how fucking garbage that would have been with players starting in an alternate timeline.

Holy shit I just realized Tandred Proudmoore was retconned out a while ago

I was thinking he'd be ruling Kul Tiras all this time

It's usually in the week leading up to blizzCon. We're still 8-9 days out. Few more days and it's likely to pop up.

Deleted

Well, removing info would essentially confirm it to be legit. It would be better to leave them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Well, removing info would essentially confirm it to be legit. It would be better to leave them in.
    People always say this, but they never remove information. They might hide the name though, which is what they did with Kul'tiras armor (and scrubbed Zandalar at the same time, which made us think they are connected)

Deleted
    Yeah i like leak season. You also have to understand that before Draenei were added we only knew of the Eredar. And back then (before they retconned it) THEY were the super evil race of the universe. So evil that they drove Sargeras mad. So people who thought Alliance was getting blue demons were freaking the fuck out. It was completely out of left field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    While true, Blizzard clearly is okay with doing that. Hence my prior examples.

Shame the patch came out this week.