Page 98 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Must be why 18 of the first 20 guilds to down it used one, and all 10 of the first did. Some even making their blood switch over for the fight.

But please, feel free to drop even more brilliance on us. Next you're going to say roar makes no difference on mythic KJ right?. Or how about GG it allowing you to cut the darkness phase down to mere seconds it also makes no difference right?

Well at least now we know who not to listen to. You spend more time complaining about how your spec is bad then realizing the actual issues with it.
    Yet, still not even remotely "required".

Are you really trying to compare Gorefiend/Roar on KJ to Provoke on Avatar? Ha.

I'm quite aware of the issues with the spec. If you spent half as much time playing the spec as you do trolling MMOC with your daily shit posting, you might develop an inkling of competency towards the spec. Unfortunately you don't which is why you've never been, nor will you ever be, someone to listen to.

Still waiting on Tech to post any logs or credentials towards all the shit he says. My guess is that there is a good reason for that.

Quote Originally Posted by MookieRah View Post
    Still waiting on Tech to post any logs or credentials towards all the shit he says. My guess is that there is a good reason for that.
    Well, we have been waiting for this since legion release date. He's also been banned from the forums alot of times too. maybe he's just a trollin bot.
    People actually spend time with Math, theorycraft and testing stuff and come here to discuss. Tech just get crazy ideas apparently based on tooltips and an hyperactive imagination and try to make it into an undeniable truth.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

I’m less upset with his theories and more annoyed by the fact that he is constantly talking down to others earnestly trying to learn and improve like they are colossal idiots. Of course nothing justifies that behavior, but at least I might understand him if he was literally one of the top vengeance players, but I’m pretty sure he is hot garbage, otherwise he would have posted something by now.

Will i see a huge difference between gearing haste to 20% versus mastery for M+? I do a mixture of both raiding and high keys (13-17) and don't have enough gear yet to justify making two gear sets for each.

Quote Originally Posted by mashanu View Post
    Will i see a huge difference between gearing haste to 20% versus mastery for M+? I do a mixture of both raiding and high keys (13-17) and don't have enough gear yet to justify making two gear sets for each.
    No you won't.

Just want to tank all the DHs here, all this info is much appreciated

Deleted
    First of all - thank you @Munkky for the guide. It made me reconsider my lego options for tanking recently. I am completely non-raiding, so I focus on m+ gaming, where I ran LeechRing + Boots and liked it. My self-healing was great for my liking, however spread across different self-heal sources.

I had the the ClassTalentRing but consiered it only for havoc (as I only have 2 Havoc legos so far). Then I got Archi's trinket and started to use it together with ImmolationBoots. Still liked it, especially the shield from trinket in big AOE pulls (teeming time ...). I started to wonder tho, that using Archi's in times when I also use Spikes on a regular basis seems counterproductive (to pop the shield for dmg). Reading your guide I decided to use your suggested combo - ClassTalentRing with ImmolationBoots, which made me loose all the leech and absorb but gain the sweet multi-target-dmg-reduction OnPull (so before I have some pain for spikes at all).

Your guide worked as another eye-opener for me - being fresh to DH, comming over from monk. I knew everything about the monk builds and playstyles. Now I need to learn about DH and your guide helped me with just that. Maybe I will fall back to Archi's + LeechRing as the combo fits my play-style better (jump into pack, pop trinket, pop spikes + keep spikes up as much as possible + use FBrand+SoulCarver as an "OhFk!Tool") or keep playing with my new-found way of using FBrand on thrash-pulls instead of Archi's. I don't know yet - experiments ahead of me. Still credit is due, mate!

Thank you again!

I've got a question for all the other vengeance demon hunters out there!
    I've got my tier 20 and i'm running with the 2 set bonus (4 set bonus i'm not using). But all my tier items are ilvl 915 and for example i've got a titanforged head ilvl 930. Ilvl 935 cloak ilvl 940 chest 940 gloves 950 shoulders and i'm using the legendary pants.
    See where i'm going? Should I just go for the higher ilvl items or should I dump 2 higher ilvl items for 2 915 tier pieces?

@Tsharna

Ofcourse! I'm glad you gained something out of this.
    @Dondar01
    It depends on the two pieces you would be swapping in. 2pc is worth ~5% Damage Reduction, which is more than you would gain from a few ilvl. You should be fine to drop the helm/cloak if possible. There isn't an easy answer to this. If you gain close to 5% DR from the ilvls then take it, otherwise 2pc is better.

I ran into a similar situation recently where I had dramatically better TF stuff from M+, that it turned out to be more survivability to drop the set, only recently picked it back up with 930/935 pieces. Just really a matter of having to math it out a bit on your own.

Also that hotfix from is pretty nice. Even if that's the full tuning for Antorus, that's an enormous survivability boost. I believe I'm actually at 10m without stam trinkets now (+ food/flask) which is hilarious.

When do we get the new trinket list *wink wink*

Quote Originally Posted by Lynkeus View Post
    When do we get the new trinket list *wink wink*
    What new trinket list? The one for the new raid? That will be released prior to the new raid as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    What new trinket list? The one for the new raid? That will be released prior to the new raid as always.
    Yep, that was the one I was referring.

Anybody looked into the math on the new legendary ring?

What is the reasoning behind Runemaster's Pauldrons being top for M+ now? Weren't the considered the worst leg previously?

Quote Originally Posted by Psykhe View Post
    What is the reasoning behind Runemaster's Pauldrons being top for M+ now? Weren't the considered the worst leg previously?
    The wowhead guild (where I'm assuming you saw the new rankings), very clearly states that it is because of 4p T21.

I have read that too. But that is the reason, not the reasoning.
    What I want to understand is the logic behind the decision putting them on the top.

4p t21 reduces the cooldown of meta each time we parry. So we can do meta more often (although I doubt using it on cooldown is a good idea?). So we can use the bonus from the pauldrons more often.
    I get that.

But previously the bonus from the Pauldrons was considered "not really useful" (and still is in their description).
    I do not see how "using something not that useful more often" is enough to boost that leg from worst to best.

Shoulders are still shit.

No VDH worth a shit will be caught dead wearing them in M+, even with 4pc there are much better options for both survival and dps. There is never a situation where you "need more cc" unless you're soloing the place, or have a shit group.

Just because you get a new thing, and it has synergy with and old bad thing doesn't magically make the old bad thing good when said synergy is mostly a gigantic waste.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-12-01 at 05:02 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Shoulders are still shit.

No VDH worth a shit will be caught dead wearing them in M+, even with 4pc there are much better options for both survival and dps. There is never a situation where you "need more cc" unless you're soloing the place, or have a shit group.

Just because you get a new thing, and it has synergy with and old bad thing doesn't magically make the old bad thing good when said synergy is mostly a gigantic waste.
    The point of shoulders isn't that you wear them all the time - you equip them for specific pulls you're going to meta on that have lots of group killer casts (some packs in Halls of Valor and Arcway come to mind).

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    Anybody looked into the math on the new legendary ring?
    It's like ~4% on single target in the best case (3 shadowbind/torment the weak relics) - which makes it better than anything but AHR if you have that setup. If you had, say, 3 master of shadows relics then it's only 1.5% or so, so it's pretty heavily dependent on T2 for specific valuation.
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2017-12-01 at 06:33 PM.