Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Oh, yeah, I'm one of them and I'm proud of it. By the way, what do you think, why those private servers can exist and even grow? Because they are free. Would you pay for a limited content that you would "play out" in a few years and left nothing to do? Obviously no, when there is a similar, but free alternative. Basically the private servers biggest feature is that they are free to play.

But take that away. Personally I'm playing WoW, because it's a big undiscovered continent (in theory, imagine it as an example), unlocking/discovering it's secrets, areas over time (expansions). However picking a portion of it and making it an isle that is surrounded by the sea, preventing any possible way to expand, you run out of discoveries quickly and the small island will be well known after a time (even if it's years). It would become boring to wander around it every single day with no new activities to do.
    I choose the undiscovered continent, and when the time comes that we discover even that big continent with no more new areas to unlock or draw on the map (Blizz shutting down the servers or announce the final expansion), then I'm going to find an other big continent to discover (a new game).
    Obviously no in your case, meaning i guess you're one of those that don't donate to keep said servers running. Many do, and many are willing to even pay a sub. Still it won't happen for reasons pointed out in previous posts.

Regarding the "what vanilla version" discussion, most of the ppl that seek vanilla private servers and desire official ones are purists, pure and simple, they want the closest experience to the original, no ifs or buts, of we all know this community is prodigy in asking for random stuff afterwards, but this is true in any game.

Most definitely would play!
    I am probably going to be fine with paying full sub for it, and would spend at least a year playing the game every day.
    I've given a try on some not so-retail servers and if it weren't for some bugs and the general feeling of non-authenticity, I would've stayed there (progressed 1 to 60 and then got almost full Tier 1 set before deciding it's not the real thing and hence I can't invest so much time in it).

All the naysayers can only speak for themselves, people like me exist and will play for sure, no matter if you personally would or not.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Depends...If it's TBC...I'd be interested.
    Vanilla though...nah.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have anymore the time required to do these raids, so I voted 'no'

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Play them? Yes.

For a long time? Doubtful.

For enough to genuinely progress through content as a guild as in the days of old? No chance.

Pay extra for it? Gold is worthless so probably, yeah, while I bothered.

I see the allure of nostalgia for a few days or weeks of leveling for old time sake. I'd love that actually but once it's done, I'd stop. I'd even give BC and Wrath a quick kick too for memories.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Obviously no in your case, meaning i guess you're one of those that don't donate to keep said servers running. Many do, and many are willing to even pay a sub. Still it won't happen for reasons pointed out in previous posts.

Regarding the "what vanilla version" discussion, most of the ppl that seek vanilla private servers and desire official ones are purists, pure and simple, they want the closest experience to the original, no ifs or buts, of we all know this community is prodigy in asking for random stuff afterwards, but this is true in any game.
    Why would I pay money for something illegal? These server owners steal other ppl-s property (Blizz) and also getting money for it, disgusting to the last. More so "donating" and paying for extras to unlock can easily make these servers more expensive to play than the real ones. Pay to win, sounds familiar?

At the end, all private WoW servers are illegal and lure ppl that can't or don't want to pay for the game. There are many of them and there will always be many of them. You won't be able to get them playing the real WoW even by setting up those legacy servers, because these real servers will never be free to play and it will cost money to 100% of them to be able to access the same thing that is available to them for free. These ppl are not a hidden mass who left WoW for reasons over the years. These ppl are stingy and will never ever pay money for the game, and have never touched the real game for a second.

Why would I pay money for something illegal? These server owners steal other ppl-s property (Blizz) and also getting money for it, disgusting to the last. More so "donating" and paying for extras to unlock can easily make these servers more expensive to play than the real ones. Pay to win, sounds familiar?

At the end, all private WoW servers are illegal and lure ppl that can't or don't want to pay for the game. There are many of them and there will always be many of them. You won't be able to get them playing the real WoW even by setting up those legacy servers, because these real servers will never be free to play and it will cost money to 100% of them to be able to access the same thing that is available to them for free. These ppl are not a hidden mass who left WoW for reasons over the years. These ppl are stingy and will never ever pay money for the game, and have never touched the real game for a second.
    Why would you reap the benefits of something illegal then?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming they were free, I'd probably log on, play for a few hours, remember how god awful Vanilla's itemization and talent systems were and log off and go back to retail.
    Assuming it had an extra Fee? I wouldn't touch it with a 100ft pole.

The thing I find most Ironic about legacy servers is the same people I see saying WoW has no content and they have nothing to do in WoW literally want servers where there will be fuck all to do, or had already been done 10+ years ago.

I'd play a WoLK server. I enjoyed the game more back then and it doesn't have much to do with nostalgia.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    Most definitely would play!
    I am probably going to be fine with paying full sub for it, and would spend at least a year playing the game every day.
    I've given a try on some not so-retail servers and if it weren't for some bugs and the general feeling of non-authenticity, I would've stayed there (progressed 1 to 60 and then got almost full Tier 1 set before deciding it's not the real thing and hence I can't invest so much time in it).

All the naysayers can only speak for themselves, people like me exist and will play for sure, no matter if you personally would or not.
    No one doubts there are people like you. What the doubt is is that there is enough people like you to even make it Worthwhile for Blizzard to waste resources on when they could just put it into retail WoW instead.

Which always brings me to my main point to people wanting Legacy servers. Blizzard is a business. Business have financial departments. These department crunch numbers and use statistics to gauge product profit. If a product would not make adequate profit for work required to get it running then the Business will generally not bother.

This is exactly what happened with Legacy Realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Umm you know how many legacy threads have BEEN on this site over the past few years? They always go the same damn way. Different people have different opinions and views on how they would like Legacy (or not want/like legacy). Some people don't even WANT Vanilla. They'd rather have a more popular version such as TBC or WotLK.

The only thing that SHOULD be known is that yes some people want legacy and that is it. You can't make some blanket statement and say "They all want it this way." because that is wrong and you KNOW it.
    And the same goes for “everyone wants something else”

Just put two NPC's in game, one in IF and one in Org. They can send you into different versions of the world and you can play with whomever is in there. Timewalking Azeroth. Solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    The anti-legacy trolls popped out of the woodwork again to throw stupid "facts" about how bad legacy is/would be.
    Since two years of their stupid baseless rambling the private vanilla servers kept on growing.
    Cos they are free, freeloaders be freeloaders. Just admit you're cheap or poor or both and stop trying to force a losing business model on a good company for your own selfish reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    The anti-legacy trolls popped out of the woodwork again to throw stupid "facts" about how bad legacy is/would be.
    Since two years of their stupid baseless rambling the private vanilla servers kept on growing.
    Because there aren't Pro Legacy people who take it over the top either right? Consistently bashing the current game, presenting their opinion as fact and so on.

Oh wait......

Pro Legacy and Anti Legacy have their fair share of people who take it to the extreme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpellCleave View Post
    Just put two NPC's in game, one in IF and one in Org. They can send you into different versions of the world and you can play with whomever is in there. Timewalking Azeroth. Solved.
    Not solved at all.

Timewalking is a horrible alternative. You cannot replicate the true experience due to spell changes over time, stat changes, resistances being removed and so on.

Look at Timewalking Black Temple as a prime example or any Timewalking Dungeon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Why would you reap the benefits of something illegal then?
    What benefits are we talking about here? I only said that private WoW server owners that provide the services of the game, are acting illegally, and asking for money makes it even worse. The audience of these servers are playing free, but can be caught by the trap of free to play gaming which can easily cost more than a subscription based game at the end.

The only benefactors here are the private server owners who get money from their donators and most of these private server users will never pay a dime for the real game not even for their private gaming. Blizz will never ever get these ppl to play on their legacy servers, because it would not be free to play. Blizz is not against this and have never been (they don't care about these ppl, they wouldn't pay/play anyway). Blizz is against the service providers that illegally operate WoW servers, based on stealing of others' intellectual property (software).

That's why these legacy servers would not be profitable, they wouldn't win actual new audience (only a very few ppl), just some ppl that are already playing would move to these servers from the up to date game.

Deleted
    Hmm
    I think it will be like this on/from/after Blizzcon :
    1/ New expansion will be announced.
    2/ Everybody will be on hype train bcs : ( just my predictions about next xpac )
    a/ Azshara is back and finally we can kill her in some raid. ( after all those years of begging/asking about Azshara )
    b/ Kul Tiras finally ( asking / begging for it for all those years )
    c/ Jaina revenge on anybody ( there was no word about her since Cata ? )
    d/ Nzoth or some void stuff.

3/ The retail lovers and new expansion lovers will stomp to the ground anybody who would say a word/question about Legacy servers...
    4/ Blizz can sit and watch and tell nothing bcs retail lovers and new expansion lovers - community will do the work for them...
    5/ Legacy server lovers ( me included ) can go to their caves / pservers and try again in a year...

I am sure this is how it will proceed from Blizzcon 2017...

PS: I know there are a lot of guys who wished for Azshara and Kul Tiras for years. But do understand there are guys who are wishing for Legacy servers for years too

I was against legacy for a long time...

However, after quitting twice in Legion because of boredom and the pathfinder debacle, and no flight on that planet that I've already forgotten the name of because I only went there once before I quit...

I'm ready for there to be legacy servers. If the next expansion is anywhere near as bad and boring as Legion was, it's time.
    Keep moving forward. - Walt Disney

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I wouldn't.
    I personally don't like looking back. Vanilla wasn't that great. You just feel it was that great because of the memories (friends, the new feeling) associated with it.

Give me cookie cutter. Actually, give me already baked cookies. I'm just here to play and have fun, not grind my free time away.

But if people want Legacy servers, go for it, as long as it doesn't interfere with my gameplay, I'm fine with it.

And you know that because ....?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    And you know that because ....?
    It's called experience.