Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

And here comes the Tax Increases and Cuts to programs!! Oh and YUGE deficits!

You know from the party that said they were not going to raise taxes or cut things like Medicare.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...story,amp.html

allowing for a $1.5-trillion deficit increase- Guess Deficits are a good thing now?

in 48 days since increasing the debt ceiling, its already up 443 billion......20,443,455,421,241.51. At that rate is 3.37 trillion a year x 3.3 more years = 11.1 trillion dollars. Tack on another 1.5 trillion debt a year in this budget and you are looking at 15.1 trillion dollars in Trumps first term. Guess he is trying to break all Obama's records (even going to the all time record of nonwar time Reagan 186% increase in debt)

The largely party-line vote was 216-212, with 20 Republicans joining all Democrats to oppose.

Many Republicans in the House, though, were upset that they were being asked to accept the Senate’s version of the budget, with the additional $1.5-trillion deficit, rather than their own resolution.

Some conservatives balked over the reality that Republicans who railed for years against deficits under President Obama now were accepting more red ink for the tax package.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...dget-explained

Congress quietly passed a budget outline with $1.8 trillion in health care cuts

The agenda the resolution outlines is radical. The federal welfare state would be rolled back in just about every dimension, with health care programs particularly affected. All non-Medicare health programs would see a cut of $1.3 trillion, or nearly 30 percent, by 2027,

Medicare would be cut too, to the tune of $473 billion. There is $1 trillion over 10 years in mystery cuts to mandatory programs, cuts that would in practice almost certainly hurt programs for the poor.

Trump didn’t propose cutting Medicare, as he famously promised during the 2016 campaign to protect the program. (He promised to protect Medicaid too, but has been very willing to break that promise.) But the Republican budget does cut Medicare, by $473 billion over 10 years, or 5.5 percent, rising to a 9 percent cut by 2027

Also facing huge cuts, to the tune of $653 billion or 13 percent over 10 years (and 15.8 percent by 2027), is the “income security” spending category.

That includes a variety of major programs, most notably the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, or food stamps), Supplemental Security Income (SSI, an anti-poverty program that gives cash to seniors and disabled people), the earned income tax credit (EITC) for people too poor to pay taxes, unemployment insurance, and both military and civilian federal employee pensions.

That means that for the budget’s math to make sense, every $1 of tax cuts has to lead to $5 or more in increased economic activity.

Tax increases - say goodbye to those little tax breaks you are going to get under trumps plan.

http://thehill.com/policy/transporta...structure-plan

the White House intends to back a 7-cent gas tax increase to pay for U.S. roads, bridges, highways and other public works, though it’s unclear if the proposal would be included in initial infrastructure legislation or if the administration will push to have it added at the committee level.

What a cluster fuck, just to give the rich and corporate overlords a tax cut.

10+ Year Old Account
    No worries, wont effect voters until later when they can blame the Democrats.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    No worries, wont effect voters until later when they can blame the Democrats.
    If this forum is still around in 8 years, I'm sure our resident "lolliburals" posters will be posting exactly this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we pleeeeeeeeeeeease stop letting the GOP claim the "fiscally responsible" label? They haven't been this since...well...probably ever but certainly not since Reagan.

Voodoo economics, man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Voodoo economics, man.
    It will trickle down so hard your head will spin.

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    It will trickle down so hard your head will spin.
    *does Trump voice*

You've never been trickeled down upon like you will be under me, believe me. I'm the best at trickling things down, there's nobody who's trickeled down more things than I have, probably, I've been told. Very smart people told me this, well connected people with Ivy League degrees like me. You're going to love it when we trickle down on you, it's going to be fabulous and we'll all be so, so happy. Bigly covfefe.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    If this forum is still around in 8 years, I'm sure our resident "lolliburals" posters will be posting exactly this shit.
    I hope the forum is around in 8 years, just so I can read "Damn, Zenkai was right!"

Nah nah nah you guys! You're making a huge mistake. You're just looking at reality? Don't you know that we expect cutting taxes will magically make everything all better? We will just get more tax flow in because "???"

This is works actually great for the Republicans. First off they get they YUUGE tax for the rich. More importantly I believe some know they will run up the deficit, but with that they can then scream; "FEDERAL DEFICIT IS TOO MUCH". Which then they can go to work cutting government programs, aka Starve the Government, aka Starve the Beast. So basically a twofer.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I hope the forum is around in 8 years, just so I can read "Damn, Zenkai was right!"
    Ya, it might take that long before you're right about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Must this incessant warfare between Trump and the Establishment camps invade everywhere? What exactly does this have to do with MMO's?

Quote Originally Posted by Singhkaur View Post
    Must this incessant warfare between Trump and the Establishment camps invade everywhere? What exactly does this have to do with MMO's?
    It is the politics subforum. If you don't want to read about politics, don't go here.

Not a fan of the tax cut at all given its reckless effect on the balance sheet. Fine with the entitlement cuts.

Gas tax should have been raised years ago. But that's an entirely different debate. The entire Tax structure is asenine. We should focus our taxation on consumption in all forums, first and foremost, and shift taxation and services to the State level, away from the Federal level.

Absent that, we need to do what we can to close to deficit, and that means going after Medicare and Medicaid first and foremost, either through reform that seriously brings down costs or through cuts. Or of course through tax increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    It is the politics subforum. If you don't want to read about politics, don't go here.
    It boggles the mind that this place even HAS a political forum. So much blind hatred, it already has too many outlets.

It boggles the mind that this place even HAS a political forum. So much blind hatred, it already has too many outlets.
    What blind hatred are you talking about though?

I don't know what you're going on about, but it has a political forum to isolate it from the general off topic forum where such conversation used to take place.

There was a key word in the prior line. Isolate. You don't have to be here if you don't want to be. So you can contribute to the conversation or avoid it pretty easily. Whining accomplishes nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You're so frequently wrong if you were to tell me my own birthdate id be filled with such doubt that I'd need a time machine to watch my own birth and the ability to immediately compare DNA before I'd believe it.

The betting man is not betting on you.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Not a fan of the tax cut at all given its reckless effect on the balance sheet. Fine with the entitlement cuts.

Gas tax should have been raised years ago. But that's an entirely different debate. The entire Tax structure is asenine. We should focus our taxation on consumption in all forums, first and foremost, and shift taxation and services to the State level, away from the Federal level.

Absent that, we need to do what we can to close to deficit, and that means going after Medicare and Medicaid first and foremost, either through reform that seriously brings down costs or through cuts. Or of course through tax increases.
    Agree for the most part. Entitlement programs could use a cut to how much of our federal budget is going into them but not to slash it for the sake of slashing it right now. We could reduce the spending while at the same time making healthcare much more streamlined and cost effective, very much like Japan does where they use a conservative market based model but ruthlessly hound and regulate pharmaceutical and medical supply companies to keep costs down. Slashing it now with no other change is just a death sentence and sabotage for the sake of helping the rich.

But yeah, personally, I'd like to see a tax increase to the wealthy and a removal of the income tax in favor of higher consumption taxes and a streamlined health system with more state influence. Keep tax dollars rolling while stimulating the economy and giving the states more control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Medicare is still 100% and then some, funded by taxpayers payroll taxes and is not contributing to the deficit at all. So why cut it? if anything they should reform it to control cost to keep it that way