Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    At the start Legion, for me, Destro definitely bloomed much earlier than the other two specs and had less ramp up. So yes Demo and Affy are both more arty level and gear dependent. However, that also means both scale much better in the long run. Like someone has already said having the correct legendary is not really a thing as Affy is pretty versatile however, that item level boost should help a lot.

Ultimately I would still suggest Affy for levelling as you can dot on the move but all specs work so choose your favourite/what suits your playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Try all of them, see which one you enjoy, then stick with it for legendary purposes. I can't tell you what you like in a spec, but none of them have any trouble levelling or with mythic + until you get pretty high.

Personally I'm a fan of demonology, but that's mostly a flavour thing and I know I'm in the minority there.
    Demo main, I love it. Leveled 1-100 in legion prepatch, then 100-110, all as demo. And got sindorei spite pre nerf like second day of being 110, which was extra awesome

i lvled as demo in the beginig of legion, but all 3 specs should be perfectly fine for lvling

Deleted
    As affliction you can dot everything you need for quests and still get out alive.

I've changed my mind, level as whatever you like. Hell don't bother using a spec at all, it wouldn't be worse than leveling a mage... I just finished leveling my 12th class to cap for this expansion. Just my God OMFG was that painful, mages are horrific.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

I just leveled from 106 - 110 last night as affliction. I literally ran around dotting everything in sight and let my green booger boulderman eat them. leveling is such a joke.

Deleted
    Affliction is the best spec for lvling warlock imo, your pet will take all the dmg while you dot every mob that u need, and if your pet cant, you have a lot of ways for survive with cds and selfsustain

Side question: what about being a fresh lvl110 with bare minimum ilvl? Which spec is ideal for that situation? Also when shall I change to another one (if I even "have to"), I mean is there a threshold regarding of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pocok View Post
    Side question: what about being a fresh lvl110 with bare minimum ilvl? Which spec is ideal for that situation? Also when shall I change to another one (if I even "have to"), I mean is there a threshold regarding of that?
    If you have another max level character a 'bare minimum ilvl' doesn't exist, git yer arse to Argus and go hog wild on rares and chests very quickly you'll have a few unsullied tokens. So your ilvl should be around 840ish (if you don't you'll be 800ish do the same but it may take a couple days more of WQ's to hit enough for Argus), do some normal area WQ's targeting gear, then broken shore WQ's, then go to Argus yourself @860-880 as Aff or Demo you'll have to be a little careful initially and things will take fucking forever to die but if you have any clue how to play you'll be fine.

Thank you! Initially I was planning to play as Destro, but maybe I'll change my mind after a few dungeons.

I was thinking the same question but seems Affliction is amazing for solo. Is Infernal an improved Voidwalker then?

I'm going to post here so hopefully I don't bother you guys with a new thread

I'm leveling from 100-110 right now and it's fun!

But I've noticed that I rarely have time to drain soul, I mean I do right when the mob is about to die to get a shard, but by the time I use Agony, Corruption, and a couple of UA there's not much time for drain soul. What's wrong with that? Well my build is kinda based on drain soul atm.

So I'm just wondering if there's a more effective build for leveling?

Currently I'm 3,1,1,1,2,1,3

I'm thinking about going 2,2,1,1,2,1,2/1

In other words leveling with Writhe, Absolute Corruption, and Siphon/Death's Embrace and mostly dropping UA from my rotation and only draining right at the end.

Anyway, more experienced thoughts VERY WELCOME, thanks!

I've leveled 14 characters to cap so far, 8 of those in the last two months.

Your spec while leveling doesn't really mean a thing cause leveling if you hit an invasion will take about 6 hours at most.

But yeah leveling as Aff all you do is throw a full set of DoTs on everything in sight as you run by, then just before they are about to leash you stop and drain soul on one of them to make sure you are topped off for the next run. (This also works on Argus)

3,2,2,2,1,1,2 is what I run as a general world\leveling build.

Malefic Grasp- well gotta take something
    Absolute Corruption- your DoTs are doing the work
    Mortal Coil- excellent top up after you tap cause you will burn through all your mana eventually
    Sow the Seeds- throws corruption on everything if you couldn't be bothered (or missed some) while running and is decent damage
    Demon Skin- stops dazed
    Grim Sup- the infernal is a good pet but you can use Grim Sac and it works almost as well just a bit more dangerous if you overpull or accidently pull something really dangerous.
    Siphon Life- no brainer unless the mobs DPS exceeds the heal of siphon they can't even hurt you and even if they can damage you it will be very reduced.
    Last edited by FertsBlert; 2017-11-06 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminandjen View Post
    But I've noticed that I rarely have time to drain soul, I mean I do right when the mob is about to die to get a shard, but by the time I use Agony, Corruption, and a couple of UA there's not much time for drain soul.
    If things are dying just from your DoTs, all the better. Use Drain Soul to generate shards, as you said, or to heal yourself when you dip low. Malefic Grasp is a single-target talent, and big single-target fights are not usually a thing during leveling. Feel free to take Writhe in Agony instead, run around and just spread the love everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminandjen View Post
    mostly dropping UA from my rotation and only draining right at the end.
    Don't underestimate just how much damage UA deals. It hits HARD. Don't be afraid to spend your shards - often it's better to just dump a few UAs into something and have it die in 5 seconds rather than apply Corruption/Agony and have it die in 15.

Personally, I like Writhe in Agony, Absolute Corruption, Phantom Singularity, Siphon Life best for leveling (spend utility as you prefer). Just run around and DoT everything up, and stop only to spam some UAs or an opportune Seed (only on very large packs). Depending on where you level and how your gear is looking, you can comfortably go with Doomguard over Infernal, too. I really only use the Infernal on Argus, against the big elites.

I levelled with Affli, great AoE and sustain with drain soul.

Deleted
    I would have a good think about what you want from the spec you want to play at max level, if its destro then you can always still level as one of the other specs (go Affliction) and switch the loot spec to destro. Your gear matters not really as you are leveling but there is a small chance of a legendary so you dont want to get one for a spec you are not going to use, same goes for if you wanna play demo at 110.

As to the best leveling spec, well affliction hands down, the ability to chain pull and never die is just amazing for zerging through quests as well as doing elite quests with no hassles at all.

When it comes to mythic plus affliction is also the best IMO, the other two specs are good as well but afflictions self healing can negate affixes like grievous and necrotic as well as just making the healers life easier at higher keys. You can also spec full ST for tyrannical and still be very effective on trash at high affixes as your dots have time to tick for significant dps.

All that being said dont just auto pick affliction because even though it has all those plus points, if you dont like the play style you will struggle with the spec in terms of maxing output as well as perhaps becoming bored with the base style of dot and channeling. The complexity and fun of the spec is centered around reap souls usage so if you dont get on with that then maybe consider the other two specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I was thinking the same question but seems Affliction is amazing for solo. Is Infernal an improved Voidwalker then?
    I used Voidwalker for leveling, because it seemed to be able to take more hits than the Infernal. I had bad gear through leveling, though, thanks to leveling via Assaults.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Deleted
    As a semi AP junkie , i would say that all specs are viable .
    But affliction shines when it comes to levelling due to the pace you can keep
    I would use 2221211 as talents if i was to re-level a new toon.
    with WiA/AC/DE you just dot things and move on, if needed use PS for larger packs to top you up if needed.
    If you have the cash buy the legendary chest for moving between the mobs in combat , top it of with bear tartare for speed once the mobs dies. fighter chow nowadays is kinda meh after the nerfs of it

Quote Originally Posted by TindraMeunk View Post
    If you have the cash buy the legendary chest for moving between the mobs in combat
    And lose 10% heirloom XP? I THINK NOT!

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I leveled as Affliction, it was a piece of cake