Page 1 of 2
LastLast

auctions should allow sellers to set a small description on the item

Instead of just listing an item, sellers should be able to place a small description on the item explaining why its a good buy that buyers can read while it is on the auction house. To prevent abuse, it should disallow hyperlinks, swear words, and be limited to maybe 2 items per day so that the guys auctioning 100 items per day aren't spamming the auctions with descriptions.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Instead of just listing an item, sellers should be able to place a small description on the item explaining why its a good buy that buyers can read while it is on the auction house. To prevent abuse, it should disallow hyperlinks, swear words, and be limited to maybe 2 items per day so that the guys auctioning 100 items per day aren't spamming the auctions with descriptions.
    Why? If people need to buy something they need to buy something and know what it is they're buying - its not World of Etsy.

10+ Year Old Account
    i will definetly not buy an item because of its description
    I'm playing since TBC and i can't remember buying something from the AH what I did'nt need or did'nt was looking for, its a place where you buy stuff you need not like a mall for example where you walk through see things and buy it because its nice

That's what the Trade Channel is for.

People just browse the AH? I always just type in what I'm looking for then buy the cheapest one. I don't see how adding a description would change anything.

I don't see the point. In WoW, Item A is Item A, there's no sentimental value for a buyer to know anything more about it, and AH isn't a place to advertise your good, we got Trade Chat for that.

Why?

Why do you need a sales pitch? To justify why someone should buy your mats at a higher price than someone who will undercut you? To tell people it has best stats for x y z class?

The only use I can see coming out of this system is advertisements for guild or spammers, people with shit jokes and make life easier for gold sellers or people selling raids etc.

You can say you can limit it to two a day, but in my books that would be even more pointless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeoos View Post
    ^ This. Also, what you're asking for is completely unnecessary. It would maybe be useful in a game with a more robust crafting system as you'd find in a sandbox MMO where item quality varies depending on the (in-game) skill of the crafter, but crafting in WoW is and always has been simple. People know what they are looking for when they hit up the AH, they don't browse it like you'd browse eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by zeoos View Post
    Yeah, this. Sorry OP but nobody actually wants to read random notes on items. You search, find the cheapest, and buy. A note will only increase more shit the already slow AH has to deal with, and I guarantee will only be used to spam etc.

This is a stupid idea and a good reason players should stick to playing the game instead of trying to be armchair designers.

It's not a bad idea. And "trade" channel is useless anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why would anyone read it.

Can you please say an exemple where it would make a sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    99% of descriptions would be N/A or ASCII memes. 1% would be relevant info. 100% would be ignored because reading item descriptions and leisurely browsing the Auction House is not how WoW economics work in 2017.

The only only items I could see this being even a little relevant on would be very specific pets with variable traits (I have another Butt Monkey with 5 more spunk and 3 less bunk PM me) or advertising someone's alt for a profession service (Need someone to process this material? My alt is XXX, PM me).

All in all, no one would care and it would be a feature that one of the many big Auction House add-ons would lock away behind a checkbox under the guise of "faster AH load times."
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2017-10-27 at 12:06 PM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

15+ Year Old Account
    Instead of just listing an item, sellers should be able to place a small description on the item explaining why its a good buy
    Why its a good buy? Its CHEAPER than all other listings, what that ppl need to add to their items?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how you were more concerned with defining the anti-abuse systems you'd like to see to protect the addition rather than defining any sort of purpose for the addition to begin with.

"I don't know why I'm adding this, but god forbid anyone posts a URL to a meme in here. No fucking way!"
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    AH / Trade / Recruitment need a revamp, but not this.

Game needs a new AH interface long overdue, get rid of pages, it's slow, even with addons.

As for Trade, I wouldn't mind player shops to be set up in dedicated areas. Like you click on player, and it's like a vendor window, and both need to confirm, so no bots. Majority of player would still use AH.

Recruitment could use it's own in-game interface, replace the cataclysm era guild browser with a new one, like you cannot even search guilds at all in the current interface, and most descriptions are dating back like 3 expansions.

Let people set their raid times/size/difficulty and whatever, and let people write applications through in-game measures.

Also make a recruitment / group channel official again.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-27 at 12:17 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lolol what?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

*going to ah to buy some dust*

*read item description*

"this dust was distilled and refined in three steps. we gained the crystal from the finest mythic 950 titanforged set piece. after that, we stored the it in a pile of cloth in our inventory, protecting the crystal and polishing it's surfaces. we then used our materials bank, filled with the finest herbs from all over the world, to let the shards age, before we distilled it into our high end product: dust."

*ignores text, buys cheapest stuff*

Seriously. When I go to the AH, I already know what I want to buy, I have an addon that tells me what the average price is, and, if given the option, I will by the cheapest. I wouldn't even care to browse for descriptions.
    I can't even figure out what additional Information these things could give me, everything I need to know I either know before going to the AH or it's in the item description. and even if there was information, why would I trust the seller?
    Last edited by WurstKaeseSzenario; 2017-10-27 at 12:33 PM.