10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    when did he say that?
    I believe there was a QA after the Chromie scenario (which sets your level to 112) and something related to this particular player level was asked.

Don't have a source at hand though, just memory.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    when did he say that?
    https://youtu.be/9QQil6jxO4w?t=731

It's clearly just referencing the scenario itself, and not the fact that you will be 112 when you meet dragons.

It's two indepedent things, really.

I feel like level cap will be 125 or even 130 because we might be getting around 10 new leveling zones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX View Post
    I may be uninformed, is there another long-term multiplayer game out there that has a box cost, a subscription cost, AND a microtransaction/loot box system?
    unlike ie overwatch, wow doesnt have lootboxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maplesyrupgl View Post
    Patch 7.4 will be a big story patch. Maybe featuring a mini-raid or dungeon. It'll focus on the Alliance and Horde recruiting the races of the Broken Isles into their ranks as well as Alleria rounding up the remaining High Elves and converting them to Void Elves. It will also introduce the 4 sub-races that we've seen data-mined. I know that introducing new races in a mid-expansion patch sounds unlikely but I don't think it's too outside the realm of possibility. I think the remaining sub-races for other races (wildhammer dwarves etc) will be introduced in 8.0.
    I wonder if they might be made available early to those who pre-order 8.0, so that they are able to level and gear them ready for the new content by launch time.

Guessing right is not the same as having insider information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    There is simple reason for WoD existing. <picture of the bad wow movie>
    because wow has 0% to with the movie? that doesnt make sense at all.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    i mean its kinda weird the leaker says 112, i mean anyone who would make a leak would say 120, i mean if he said 120 we would be talking about the features right, dont u think thats very weird that he chose 112, imo that either means this is tru or the leaker is pretty smart
    To me the whole thing looks like a really carefully done fake leak.

See, one of the traits of every real MMO expansion I've ever seen leaked, for any game, is that at least one or two of the leaked points (often way more) will seem totally "What the fuck?" or outright stupid, especially without the context of the expansion. I can think of examples going back to at least Trials of Atlantis for DAoC in 2003, where an early leak sounded utterly ridiculous and like they were trying to turn DAoC into "basically EQ". And yet almost everything in that leak was true.

So if I were faking a leak, which is too high-effort for me, but if I were, I'd make sure I included some weird, like "Why would they do that?!" stuff, because that gives it an inherent plausibility, especially if the leaker then goes "I dunno why they're doing that...", which is precisely what is happening with some of the stuff in that "leak".

112 is good because you have the scenario and the off-hand comment about, and it's unexpected. If you're going for obvious you go 120, of course.

BAOS likewise, the claim is out-of-the-blue. It's the kind of thing Blizzard MIGHT do, but no-one has been asking for, so no-one can say "Ur just pandering to our hopes" and so on.

There's a lot of stuff that's either real and a bit odd, or more likely carefully-made-up in that "leak".

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The fact that people are so hung up over 112 is baffling.

112 would be one of the biggest blunders in WoW history.

Yeah, taking 1 day for one level. It's not like getting to the cap is any faster. Levels is the most inconsequential number. They could make the cap 999999999999 and nothing would change, essentially, except having the level pop up thing every few seconds.

Let's ignore the fact that they outright said that 5 levels felt boring.
    Levels have meaning while the reward soemthing special, which reminds me: what purpose thye have in Legion? We didn't get new abilities or special equipment by leveling the character, but by leveling the artifacts in parallel.
    If next expansion we get also an alternate way of progression, there's little to no reason to keep the "10 more lvls!!" thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone keeps mentioning the chromie scenario, I take it I should actually do this?
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    I haven't gotten the damned Fox either, only Dreamweavers, Nightfallen and Army of Light mount, and Wardens toy.
    This is doing emissaries EVERY DAY and Withered army training every time it's up.
    thats a lot! Ive been doing emisary since start and all I have is the valshara mount and the fox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Deprecated doesn't mean "instantly stops working" in code.

It means "no longer encouraged and will be dropped in future"

So what the guy seems to be proposing is not entirely unreasonable. He's saying LUA would be deprecated, i.e. Blizzard would say "We will be stopping using LUA in a future patch, and encourage you to use BAOS instead" and presumably Blizzard would not provide new LUA hooks and so on, to help nudge people to BAOS.

So say 8.0 comes out, and LUA is deprecated, your LUA addons still work, but Blizzard have warned you that this will change, and come 8.1 (say), LUA is no longer supported at all and only BAOS works.

That's the theory, anyway. I personally think it's unlikely because you'd have a weird period where both LUA and BAOS addons worked, but they would probably be mutually incompatible, so you'd need to pick one or the other anyway, and given you're doing that, it might just be better to force people over to BAOS.

You're going to lose a huge number of mod-developers and cool mods either way, because a lot of mods exist and are maintained almost entirely because it's low-effort (there are exceptions), and learning a new scripting language? Hahaha. Plus it would be "casuals" who would be hit worst by this - "serious" players will switch to BAOS instantly and any "serious" addons they need will be swapped over, if they are still possible on BAOS. Even if they aren't still possible, most "serious" players will switch so as to start learning to do without them sooner.
    Ah, of course. Thanks for clearing that up! I do feel like rocking the boat that much would be something they'd shy away from. The interesting, supposedly user-friendly end goal might not be worth a chaotic transition.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Levels have meaning while the reward soemthing special, which reminds me: what purpose thye have in Legion? We didn't get new abilities or special equipment by leveling the character, but by leveling the artifacts in parallel.
    If next expansion we get also an alternate way of progression, there's little to no reason to keep the "10 more lvls!!" thing.
    It doesnt matter. If its something you do in two levels, it can be done in ten.

Yes, they could have had two levels in Legion, and it would have worked essentially fine, but it would feel like shit. It would drag on and you wouldnt feel like progressing. Quests barely would budge your bar. Kills more or less wouldnt at all.

Blizzard isn't stupid. They learned from their feedback of Cata and MoP. They said that 5 levels were essentially that, a drag. So why would they go with even less levels now?

The only actual reason levels exist nowadays is to get you through the zones and gating non-zone quests.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2017-10-27 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagakure View Post
    I wonder if they might be made available early to those who pre-order 8.0, so that they are able to level and gear them ready for the new content by launch time.
    Almost definitely, similar to Demon Hunters. Although I was a little disappointed that we only got 5 weeks of pre-patch to get acquainted with them. I basically just levelled one out of the intro experience, farmed invasions for the glaive appearance, and then didn't touch the char against until well into Legion.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Legion not having anything special with level up, could also be seen as proof that we don't need anything and we just have these 10 level increases. Any alternate way of progression can easily run in parallel (like artifact weapons) to that and ultimately, there's no reason to go to level 112 in that case, we might as well just stay 110 and just get higher ilvl gear and whatever other progression there might be.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lorens View Post
    Cataclysm and MoP?
    the first was an by blizzard admited (!) mistake and mop the correction of that.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX View Post
    I may be uninformed, is there another long-term multiplayer game out there that has a box cost, a subscription cost, AND a microtransaction/loot box system?

I've seen a "pick 2" of any of the three, but not all three at the same time.

The terror is that WoW is so popular and is such an unsinkable ship that I can totally see them attempting to do all three. It would require a RealID full name enforced level of backlash.

It doesn't help that looking back on documentaries like Looking for More and the Blizzard Retrospective, some of their rhetoric about their own game comes off as freakin' cult-like.
    SWTOR kinda does have all three, I mean, it no longer has a box cost (though did), but does charge for specific bits of content if you don't subscribe, and has probably one of the most obnoxious MT systems on the market, as well as having lootboxes (Cartel Packs or whatever they're called).

WoW could switch to a similar model.

You'd dump the expansion cost, and simply make the expansion content available to all current subscribers (including WoW token people of course, who are basically subscribers with a sugar daddy). Add in F2P, but with no access to the current expansion unless they pay for it (this could also apply to other expansions). Add in lootboxes for extra $$$, and give subscribers either free ones, or free "WoW Goblin Coins" to buy them or other cash-shop stuff with.

Evil? Horrible? Disgusting? Vile. All of these.

Doable? Sadly.

I would not be super-shocked if they did this. I might quit in protest, of course, but what am I going to do, go play FFXIV? (I mean probably yes but...).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    it could be 112 is the known cap and thats the only info the leaker has
    yeah not gonna happen the backlash would be even bigger then the flying one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    because wow has 0% to with the movie? that doesnt make sense at all.
    Most of the movie cast is dead. As of MoP, only two of them were alive and had appeared in game.

Khadgar was a minor NPC in Outland Shatrath, mostly just a nod to WC2 veterans. And Garona had been involved in few Cataclysm Horde questlines. For the casual WoW player, rest of the movie characters were totally unknown.

So they brought them back with WoD. Orcs as alternate versions from the AU and Khadgar was yanked into relevance he had not seen since Warcraft 2.

Blizzard isn't stupid.
    Doesn't mean they can't learn the wrong lessons.

They made early Cataclysm with its lack of endgame content, after all, and were surprised when casuals quit in the millions and just about killed the game, rather than doing what Blizzard expected them to and becoming more hardcore.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Most of the movie cast is dead. As of MoP, only two of them were alive and had appeared in game.

Khadgar was a minor NPC in Outland Shatrath, mostly just a nod to WC2 veterans. And Garona had been involved in few Cataclysm Horde questlines. For the casual WoW player, rest of the movie characters were totally unknown.

So they brought them back with WoD. Orcs as alternate versions from the AU and Khadgar was yanked into relevance he had not seen since Warcraft 2.
    I mean weren't they supposed to release around the same time before the movie was delayed?